All parent member reviews for 16 and Pregnant

Adult Written byaquaA1992 March 28, 2012

ummm............

Even thought i have learned from this show. There are pros and cons. but honestly, this show has to go. They are purposly showing naive girls getting pregnant to reward them for their negitive behavior. Having a baby is supposed to be a wonderful thing when you are over 24 and you life is already set. These teens girls purposly get pregnant to be famous. It's sad because they want to make money off (like buying dresses, boob jobs, etc) of their kid instead of taking care of them or loving their baby. Some girls on this show seem responsible, but some girls not so much or at all. The worst thing is they whine about how pethetic their lives are. Certain ppl think sex is funny...Like one girl refuse to take any birth control for a lame excuse. Well you better think twice. People in general need to take sex seriously and it sucks for the child whose parents have to fight all of the time and struggle and take their anger out on them and have regrets. Not only these girls are throwing away their child/teen hood they are also elimiating part of their adult life as well. There are MAJOR issues in america that the world needs to think about. Give money to the people who are really struggling. Anyways these girls are making more and more teenage girls to become mothers at a super young age.
Adult Written byda1uenvy28 November 21, 2011

This show should be cancelled

16 and pregnant from my point of view is just telling teens to go and have babies so they can have their own really show, the first time i saw this show was in their first season i was 17 years old and i just thought what are they doing giving these kids a really show after they become pregnant, now is see magazines and celebrety news about these girls who became famous just by getting knocked up.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byfcr April 12, 2011

Bad Behavior

I believe that this show sends the wrong message. It rewards bad behavior with fame or infamy depending on your personal viewpoint.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bysfernandez21 April 20, 2010
16 &pregnant is about teenagers becoming parents and its a show and teaches us
Parent Written bySpreadingWisdom137 May 27, 2014

ONE OF THE WORST SHOWS EVER MADE

HORRIBLE!! I wish I could go back in time and get a Law degree so I could find SOME WAY to SUE this show. It is not only detrimental to ANYONE watching it has absolutely no REALITY to it despite its propaganda. I cannot even put into words how annoyed I get with the STUPIDITY of these girls, families and MTV! Seriously, am I the only one here that knows the brain is not even fully developed until you are in your 20s (24+ to be exact)!!?? It is scientifically proven, not only this fact, but most importantly that the LAST part to become fully developed is the motor cortex, which is responsible for behavior, control, and awareness of consequences. So WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! These TEENS are not even physically (and mentally or emotionally) capable of making they're own decisions due to the inability to correctly estimate the consequences of they're actions…exhibit A is that they are pregnant at 16….and STILL MTV takes advantage of these girls' situations while giving a HORRIBLE example to other teens. Many of you may disagree but it has been scientifically proven that what you see or hear does affect how you think, so a young girl watching other young girls "growing up" all of a sudden, they will not consider the consequences, because the show does not do a great job at showing this…instead they focus on the girls' personal dramas and how they "mature"(in quotes because they truly don't, if they were mature they would not go live with another boy the same age and completely destroy they're youth because of some teen fantasy. Sadly, the excuse that its "for the baby" is utter crap, because if you were truly thinking about the baby and not yourself you would do what is TRULY best for the baby which is not being raised by someone who does not even have the mental capacity to make proper decisions.) Every show is the nearly the same concept and after watching many episodes trying to find SOME benefit in this, I have only the worst things to say about it. It gives a horrible example to kids, and the majority of these girls just want to use the baby as an excuse to: A) Keep boyfriend. B) A and leave the house (be "independent"). C) A, B, and be on the show. If you love your child, you will NEVER let them watch these shows, or if you do be with them pointing out what is so wrong with them, because I definitely found myself yelling at the screen, about every minute. MTV NEEDS TO TAKE THIS SHOW DOWN.
Adult Written byDiamondDear November 11, 2013

Educational and Statistics

I think that this show is a good educational show. yes there's yelling and fighting and sometimes or most of the time, but that's what they are showing you the struggles they have to face everyday as a teenage mother. a lot of my friends are teen mothers and I could see a first hand look on teenage mothers and how they struggle. statistics says that ever since this show aired in 2009 a lot of teen pregnancy has declined and they are giving most credit because of this show. it freaks young girls out because they don't want that life for them and for their families and babies. so I believe this show is a good educational show for kids who are 10 and up because, there are kids having sex around that age like that girl who had a baby at 11 years old on Dr. Phil. so this show is a good educational show for most of these young kids, who think having sex is fun but not knowing what will happen just by having sex and unprotected sex.
Parent Written byAbbie Apple July 9, 2012

Their 15 minutes of fame

It seems to send mixed messages. The attempts to show the reality of children having children, but then puts these young parents/children in sort of celebrity light. As their friends seem in awe of them, and these young parents/children are relishing their 15 minutes of fame (thanks Andy Warhol) I find it disgusting and sad, that we seem to celebrate children having children..especially when birth control is sooooo easily available.
Adult Written byshell4you July 22, 2011

semi educational

I like this show as a drama and frankly it makes me feel better when i am having a bad day (health issues) i know this reasoning is bad but that's me. I do find it educational in small doses for pre-teens to older teens to let them know of the struggles faced when you have unsafe sex as a teen. I like many has sex as a teen but unlike most of these teens on the show i had safe sex, infact i understood about safe sex and that sex = babies from a young age and knew i didn't want a child stuck to my hip before i had my own life so i paid attention when my mom told me things, but for parents uncomfortable talking to their kids this can be a show to help bring up the topic of sex and safe sex and the repercussions of not being safe and the hard choices and sacrifices that come along with being a young parent.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygiggles0423 February 23, 2010
i love this show and so does my 2 year old daughter!! she thinks bently is cute lol im excited because the new season just started last tuesday!!! cant wait for this one(:
Adult Written byheidikay February 19, 2010
Now days teenagers are getting pregnant earlier and earlier. The tv show 16 and pregnant is a good show for young teenagers to watch. It shows how hard it is to raise a child, going to school and working. On the show young kinds tell their life stories on how hard it is to raise a child on your own. The young girls say they will never have a normal life again. They cant go hang out with their friends or got to parties. They have to stay home 24 hours a day to take care of their kid unless they find a babysitter. This show tells teenage girls that is your going to get pregnant at a young age that a lot of consenquences that come with it.