All teen and kid member reviews for 16 and Pregnant

Teen, 15 years old Written byreviewgirl13 February 18, 2011

Junk that's not worth watching

MTV's "16 and Pregnant" isn't really reality. Yeah, it shows teenagers who are pregnant, but that's basically it. In fact, I saw on "People" magazine of the girls holding their babies while smiling and wearing stunning dresses. So this goes to show you that "reality" shows aren't really reality at all. These girls are rich. In the real world, you wouldn't be walking down the red carpet in a $6,000 dollar dress with a baby. You wouldn't be on the cover of an extremely popular magazine. You wouldn't have your own TV show, therefore you wouldn't get all that money to help take care of your child. In reality, this is what would REALLY happen: You'd become pregnant, your parents would be so angry at you for making such a stupid mistake, you'd go through an awful birth, you wouldn't be able to do anything or go anywhere because you have a baby now, you wouldn't have tons of money to buy fabulous clothes for you and your child, you wouldn't be on the cover of a magazine, you'd be absolutely miserable, you would have no one to help you take care of the baby besides your parents, you'd gain a ton of weight and wouldn't be able to fit into Aeropostale clothes anymore!! That's the truth and this show does not show this. It's too glamorous............
Teen, 16 years old Written byB_A_N December 11, 2011

Teenage mother myself

im 16 and have a baby. let me just say, all those who think your life is always miserable after having a kid as a teen, you are misguided. granted, many times it DOESNT work out. but seriously, saying that your going to drop out or never have a life or never be happy again, sorry for saying it, but thats freaking stupid. i take care of my baby when im not in school, and im going to go to college in town. me and my boyfriend have been together for years, and he never once backed out on me. we both love our son to death. BUT i will say this. i dont like the fact that this show makes teens famous for becoming pregnant. i will say that i dont think that sends a good message. on the other hand, it does show the consequences that most of the time DO happen to teenage mothers. but please dont think this is always the case. I love being a mother, and i wouldnt trade it for anything.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2010

I love the show!!

I Watch this show all the time, and I think it really gives a message about what happens when you have "Sex" As a teen and the consequences of being unprotected. The show says some swares, but many are bleeped out. Some of the episodes show the teens leaving there babie's with there moms to go out to party, and some make bad chooses. Anyone who is 11 to adults should watch this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byZhaaZhar April 30, 2011
Coming from a 16 year old I don't think it sends the right message. It's makes it acceptable for girls of my age to become pregnant and have it glamorised all over television. It doesn't show that once you've had a child you can't be involved in your usual teenage activities in more or that juggling a child and education is hard. Well that's when ever I've watched it.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2011
It's an awesome show! I'm loving Teen Mom 2 right now the best show ever! The story line is amazing and the babies are adorable!!! :D This show is very appropriate for pre teens like me. This show is so fun to watch MTV rocks!
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2011

Good for girls who are getting the "talk", or for ordinary teens

There really isnt anything sexual except for that there is a 16 year old girl, pregnant. It has language. But if it is bad, it is beeped. Violence is not bad In some episodes it shows the birthing scene. No vaginal areas shown. Some consumerism because of the brands that they are using. Huggies, Abercrombie+Fitch-for clothing. No drugs, drinking, or smoking. It is a very good show to show the hardships of making the mistake of getting pregnant at a young age. It also shows how even when the evermost popular line comes along 'I will love you forever' they leave you when you become pregnant. Good show for girls when you are giving your girl the "talk" or for teens to show NOT to get pregnant at a young age. I would recommend it for anyone though. Some talk about sexual manor though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byClaraZS May 9, 2011

???

I think that the serie is really exciting and a good way of frightening young people. They'd probably still have sex but maybe with a bigger thought about protection. When I see how their lives have taken an u-turn, and how they lost all their oppertunities for the restof their life, I don't want to be in their place - at leat not until I'm in the end of my twenties! I don't exactly think they have healthy relationships, but come on they're 16, and shouldn't be having a child that age - that's the truth! They love their child but it has more become a hobby for them/project. They wouldn't be able to provide everything what that child will need. Partly positive and negative.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2011
Amber Hits her boyfriend Garry infront of Daughter Leah but other then that nothing that bad happens.And they talk about Condoms and Birth control and if they used it during Sex and the term doing the ''Hokey Pokey'' are used once
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieber_fever55 August 23, 2010

Awesome For Teen Girls

16 And Pregnant is a perfect example of why NOT to get pregnant at a young age. It shows the life of different girls who got pregnant when they were 16 and how they are dealing with it. A lot of the girls have to face breaking up with their significant other due to the stress of having a baby. That part is informative, but also is too much cussing sometimes, especially with Amber and Gary. That's the ONLY negative, as the show is accurate, since it's a reality, in it's reasoning behind why 16 year olds shouldn't get preggo! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 August 23, 2010

WATCH IT ALL THE TIME!

This show is filled with drama around every corner and thats just what i love! if you love drama and teens then watch this show!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTeenParent15 January 24, 2012

Teaches teen why NOT to get pregnant

This show teaches why getting pregnant in high school is a bad idea, it doesn't in anyway glorify it. If a girl gets pregnant to be on the show then they're an idiot and it's not the show's fault. And to try to just ignore the issue of teen pregnancy won't make it go away, education is the best protection (after abstinence of course) to about teen pregnancy. There is some language to watch out for.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymocklngbird December 8, 2010
This show is pretty cool. Highlights all the absurdities of having a baby at 16, and you get to see the whole journey of the young mothers. Gets boring after a few weeks of watching though.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2010

very entertaining show

i love this show. as much as it is entertaining it educational as well. It teaches teens that there are consequences to having sex and stuff. there is some arguing between teen couples and bad languge but it stilll is a great show........ SO IF U R 13 OR EVEN 12 OR OLDER AND YOUR A GIRL WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byLauren030 May 21, 2010

FOR 16 and Pregnant.

I am 17 and pregnant. This show didnt influece me in ANYWAY to get pregnant. I became pregnant because chose to have unprotected sex. 16 and pregnant is the absolute BEST show i watch nowdays. It's the best show for me to watch becuase it helps me to understand the struggles of teen parenting. It gives me hope for my own situation, and allows me to understand that adoption is an option. I havent made my decision yet but the 16 and pregnant teens give me hope for both options because they make make it work. I think that it's wrong for people to see the show as promotion for teen pregnancy, because it's just the opposite. It's awareness of how hard teen pregnancy/parenting is. i think parents should allow their children to watch this show as early as 10 years old, ans teach them that this situation is EXTREAMLY tough, and that they should have protected sex so that doesnt happen to them. Teachers and parents, I think, are wasting their time trying to prevent sex for teens because many times that over stress of that message often makes teens do the opposite of what they are told. They should focus on contrecptives, and thats the message 16 and pregnant gives out. Teens WILL HAVE SEX. No one can do anything about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey April 4, 2010
I watch this when I'm feeling crappy and i realize how truelly lucky i am. And it makes me feel a whole lot better. The boyfriends are frustrating- most all of them are immature yet the girls keep coming back... I cant imagine what i would do in sucha situation!!!!
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2010

ianmahabub

Love It It All About Teenagers About Give A Baby
Teen, 16 years old Written bysohlinger February 5, 2010

16 & Pregnant

There’s this show that premieres on MTV made for teenage kids called sixteen and pregnant. The title gives away what the show is about, it’s about sixteen year old girls that are pregnant. I think it has a positive message because it shows us teenagers how hard having a kid can be and how much it can change our lives. I personally like this show because it deals with teenage kids and them having kids and I love little kids.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

A Touching Series

This series touches me in a way that words cannot express. The episode "Caytlynne" brought me to tears whenever Tyler wrote the letter to Carly. I bawled. I hated it when Maci was left alone with Bentley without help from Ryan in "Maci". I wanted to hit Zabrina really hard whenever she spread the rumor about Farrah in the episode entitled "Farrah." This series definitely opened my eyes to the harsh reality of teenage pregnancy. A+
Teen, 14 years old Written byheymondayfan October 24, 2009

Highly emotional and mature

this is a good show for anyone high school and up who is really mature. its very emotional and sad at times but it really makes you think about what would happen if you did things like this (having sex at a young age). but it has good messages the only problem would be language which honestly isn't too bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFutureMrs.JohnnyDepp August 17, 2009

Great for teens!

I love this show. It shows the good and bad events of teenage pregnancy. It isn't a judgmental show because it's told in the eyes of the expecting teen mothers. This is an educational show about teen pregnancy that I think both teen girls and boys should watch, so that they know what could happen to their lives if they decide to have premarital sex.