Kid reviews for A Discovery of Witches

Some violence, romantic complications in book-to-TV show.

Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2019

This tv show is great! Parent supervision recommended.

This tv show is literally awesome. I read all the books, and though it had noticeable similarities, they were not the same plot. Usually, this is a deal breaker for me, but for some reason it didn't bother me. For kids my age and under, with parent supervision, this show is amazing, but please have an adult there when you watch. My mom fast forwarded a few parts (ex: beginning of episode two, middle of epidote one, with Marcus and his friend). I can't wait for the second season!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMoonPanda April 27, 2019

A Discovery of Witches

I think this show is FANTASTIC! Favourite show, I think it really depends on your child’s maturity level, my mum actually recommended this show for me. I agree with the other reviews, there are violent scenes and sexual scenes quite frequently but if you’re sceptical maybe you should sit down and watch it separately or watch it with them? There is also alcohol consumption but definitely in an overly irresponsible way. I believe Teresa's character (Diana) positively shows a women in a once male dominated field and how she can do whatever she wants to if she puts her mind to it. If you think the message it sends sometimes might effect your child negatively maybe it isn’t right for them yet. I hope this helps, happy watching!