Kid reviews for A Series of Unfortunate Events

A Series of Unfortunate Events Poster Image

What a great show!

This is an amazing series giving off Wes Anderson/Tim burton vibes. I loved the series when I was younger... I recently revisited it and loved it even more. Great for kids and adults alike
2 people found this helpful.
Exceptional, spooky book adaptation is best for tweens.

2 people found this helpful.

They said imposter in episode 10 (amongus reference)

Olaf has a massive forehead that forever haunts my dreams. I liked him better in frozen. They nerfed his nose too much!
1 person found this helpful.

Adaptation NAILS the books and features a TON of Satire and Dark Comedy in this mystery show

A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017) abdullahmamun-38677 After their parents perish in a terribly mysterious fire, Klaus, Violet and Sunny Baudelaire are sent to a very distant relative, only to find out that the relative is unbelievably evil and only after their fortune. But this was only the beginning of a large string of unfortunate events. As the Baudelaires travel around the world trying to escape the distant relative, they learn about other unknown relatives who their parents never mentioned. They learn about the secrets of their parents. What they actually used to do, what they were preparing the Baudelaires for. But it's almost as if this series of unfortunate events will never end.

1 person found this helpful.

MY FAVORITE SHOW

its amazing you can show to anyone

13+

I started watching this how when I was 8 I only watched season 1. The episodes can get really dark for example the hospital episodes is very dark. There is also drinking and smoking. There was also a lot of unnecessary comments. I think this should have been rated PG13

This show is phenomenal. But there is a lot of inappropriate content hidden in it. In the second episode, Count Olaf attempts to marry Violet when she is fourteen and he's a grown up to steal her family's fortune which could be considered pedophilia. Thankfully the marriage doesn't work out. But there's much more. Count Olaf desperately wants the Baudelaires' fortune, after the kids' parents were killed in a fire, they're moved to guardian after guardian. The reason they keep moving to guardian after guardian is because Count Olaf keeps murdering of attempting to murder them. One is killed by venom, and one was eaten by leeches. And another person is murdered by a crowbar, and another was thrown to lions. Little blood is actually shown on-screen, but it might be too frightening for the younger ones. Language is very tame with only two uses of hell, and one use of damn throughout the show. Overall it's a very good show, and I recommend pre-screening the show before letting your kid watch it. However, if you do decide to let your kid watch it, I recommend you watch it with them. Because although little violence is actually shown on screen, the implications are still there and could still make kids uncomfortable.

Dark

Very dark, might not be suitable for really little kids, particularly the hospital episodes (these can be skipped). I watched this with my 8 year old sister and she absolutely loves it, she's not scared of it. There's vague sexual innuendo here and there because it's aimed at tweens/teens, i pick up on these because I'm 17, but they always fly over my sister's head. A lot of drinking present, none of the children drink It really depends on your children and what they're scared of, i would recommend watching a couple of episodes yourself to be sure.

Incredible show!!

Great role models, depicts intelligent people in a very positive light which is surprisingly uncommon, great messages about friendship and morals, and an incredibly intriguing story. If you or your family likes mysteries, be sure to give this a watch.

Good for tweens

This is a fun and mysterious show good for tweens who like the books. Although, it does have some more dark themes than the books. In some of the flashback scenes there are a few implied murders and there is rough language throughout the series.