Kid reviews for After Life

Cringe comedy about grief isn't easy to watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySquareReviews July 5, 2021

After Life review

Some bits of After Life had me laughing out loud, but others just made me really sad. It's honestly hard to believe that a show can cover really heavy subjects such as suicide, cancer and drug addiction, and then make a joke about James Corden "cumming", but that's exactly what After Life does. It doesn't make a joke of these subjects, in fact it treats them very seriously, but is also manages to be utterly hilarious. And in my opinion, that's quite an achievement. The humour is often quite vulgar, so this isn't a show for the easily offended, but if you can deal with it, After Life is an amazing show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byZeroFriends June 9, 2020

Entertaining and Funny

Unsuitable for teens under the age of 15 because of the scenes of drug use and attempted suicide but does have some positive messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySushimoonroll May 4, 2020

Funny show!

It’s a good and funny show that follows a man who struggles with the death of his wife. he’s struggling deeply with depression and suicidal thoughts however they make the show a comedy and it’s great. It swears but doesn’t have nudity or sexual scenes from what I remember. Has some drinking and drugs in it but not a overly large amount.
Teen, 14 years old Written byunkown12432 July 23, 2019

its ok

im 14 and i love it

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlack C. May 18, 2019

beautiful, sad, funny wonderful series- one of the best series I have ever watched.

Watched with my 16 year old and both loved it- - I don't agree with the common sense review. It is Ricky Gervais so you can expect very British humour - yes he is shockingly rude to the people around him as he deals with his grief- but he is also a very kind and compassionate man. He is having an existential crisis as he wonders what the point in life is without his wife. There is drug use and a suicide as well as sexual references if they bother you. I was very happy that my 16 year old watched it - so much better then the mindless violent crap that is out there-very very though provoking , very moving, beautiful with a very positive message ultimately. And of course it is hilarious along the way. My husband did not enjoy it so obviously not for everyone- if you find Ricky Gervais funny you will probably love it.