Kid reviews for After Life

After Life Poster Image

Emotional, hilarious

It’s funny yes, has a LOT of strong swearing, multiple C Bombs an episode and I wouldn’t recommend watching with a bad mental state because of the suicide theme in the first season.

Absolutely amazing

I personally really enjoyed ‘After Life’, and while yes, the humour is definitely dark and there is some very offensive swearing, for me it’s what made the show. I would say however that for people who are struggling with depression/grief this series might not be the best thing to watch, but if you think you could handle it, I would definitely recommend you give it a go. Some of the writing in this show was surprisingly relatable, and while I have never gone through something like what Tony deals with in the series, I felt the show, on the whole, shed a new light on the humorous side of feeling low, which is, in itself, a universal human experience.

Amazing, emotional, and hilarious

I don't know what the person was thinking on commonsense media who rated it. They were probably a religious person or something who got offended. The show is astounding, funny, and incredibly emotional and heartbreaking, while still uplifting. Definitely you should check it out.

Entertaining and Funny

Unsuitable for teens under the age of 15 because of the scenes of drug use and attempted suicide but does have some positive messages.

Funny show!

It’s a good and funny show that follows a man who struggles with the death of his wife. he’s struggling deeply with depression and suicidal thoughts however they make the show a comedy and it’s great. It swears but doesn’t have nudity or sexual scenes from what I remember. Has some drinking and drugs in it but not a overly large amount.

its ok

im 14 and i love it

beautiful, sad, funny wonderful series- one of the best series I have ever watched.

Watched with my 16 year old and both loved it- - I don't agree with the common sense review. It is Ricky Gervais so you can expect very British humour - yes he is shockingly rude to the people around him as he deals with his grief- but he is also a very kind and compassionate man. He is having an existential crisis as he wonders what the point in life is without his wife. There is drug use and a suicide as well as sexual references if they bother you. I was very happy that my 16 year old watched it - so much better then the mindless violent crap that is out there-very very though provoking , very moving, beautiful with a very positive message ultimately. And of course it is hilarious along the way. My husband did not enjoy it so obviously not for everyone- if you find Ricky Gervais funny you will probably love it.