Kid reviews for America: The Story of Us

America: The Story of Us Poster Image

Pretty epic, but ok

Simba is in this an the best moment was when Simba said that America is better than Africa. Also Martha Stewart is in this!

This is a graphic but informative show.

I watched this in class, and all of my classmates agree that there are some very graphic and disturbing scenes. I would not recommend for squirmy audiences who dislike gory scenes. The information in these videos are very on-point, and it really kept my interest. Warning about episode 3: Westward. Very disturbing and cannibalism is included.

This is a great show. I learned so much about the history of America watching this show. Please watch this show. You will enjoy it.

I belive that this documentary series is a good way to learn the harsh parts of war in a some what fun to watch way!

This may be not for all audiences, there are some strong themes that are definitley NOT for all ages such as a man getting his leg cut off with a crude bonesaw and a large amount of moaning, screaming, and graphic imagery. There are scenes where men are brutally killed in battles and some references to prostitution and rape. A slave woman gets her breasts felt and there is a scene where a child is taken from his mother. There are scenes in which Native Americans are treated badly. This is a pretty good way to learn about the US's history, but it is not for kids under the age of 12 or sensitive viewers.

My Favorite Documentary

This is a great documentary. It's very educational and exciting. The reenactments were realistic. The war scenes were violent. It's my favorite documentary.

it is good

parents let your tweens watch it

We watch it in school.Violence: 11+ it is quite violent and at parts shows dead bodies and alot of blood. also the donnor party scenes can be disturbing because of the discussion of cannibalism though all you see is bones blood and some dead bodies. There are alot of good role models. Sexual content: 7+ Some discussion about pregnancy and more. Drugs: 11+ alot of talk about tobacco ,whiskey, and wine. Marijuana is mentioned briefly. Language: 8+ one very quick and easy to miss s***.

This is a historical account of America i dont care how old you are watch this it will give you important stuff the battles are not bloody just people falling down with a smear of red about one time. Kids need to know this stuff and they use the word prostitute on time very fast i didnt know they said it until i looked above