Parent and Kid Reviews on

American Dad Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 58 parent reviews

Sort by:

Funniest show on television.

This is my all-time favorite cartoon sitcom. The writing is creative and sensational.
2 people found this helpful.

The new storyline of American Dad! from seasons 1-18

American Dad! is a great show along side Family Guy and King of The Hill but it needs full crossover episodes like Family Guy. make it happen for me. American Dad! has amazing adventures with the Smith Family and Stan's boss Avery Bullock. Steve hanging with with his friends and in Love with Meg Griffin from Family Guy hope to see Meg and Steve dating. Stan, Francine, Roger, Steve, Roger and Klaus going on new adventures in the new storyline of American Dad!. American Dad! and Family Guy crossover into the new series called American Guy!

1 person found this helpful.

Parents should know that this show is Rated 17 in some countries because this show has some things in it like Guns.

This show has some things like Guns.

1 person found this helpful.

American Dad! 2nd greatest comedy of all time

I find American Dad the second greatest comedy of all time next to Family Guy and King of the Hill. I truly believe in November 10th 2024 The Sitcom is about to be rewritten. American Dad will focus on the 9 main characters. The Main Characters include Stan Smith, Steve Smith, Francine Smith, Hayley Smith, Roger Smith, Klaus, Debbie Hyman, Jeff Fischer and Director Bullock. The Smith Family and their friends will go on new adventures together. I like to see Director Avery Bullock become Stan Smith's mentor well I know Avery is the Boss but it would be heartwarming. Steve Smith going on adventures with his best friend Debbie Hyman would be smashing. Friends, Director and Family have their right to privacy. 8 characters will be crossing over to Family Guy episodes will also make me feel good. I would want to have Steve and Debbie having a relationship. The Smith Family and their friends keeps Roger the alien out of the trouble. Hayley has a friend who hangs out together. Stan goes on missions to keep his country safe. 9 main characters will get recasted eventually in future seasons. Of course we need recurring characters like Toshi, Snot and Barry friends of Steve and Debbie. Hayley is married to Jeff! A crossover series of American Dad, Family Guy and King of the Hill will be coming in 2026, the animated series is called American Guy of the Hill. The 9 Main Characters will be treated as outcasts. Debbie Hyman, Jeff Fischer and Director Bullock will join the Smiths in family dinners. Stan, Debbie and Steve will tell Hayley to shut up in the new storylines. Seth is a genius make it happen!

With Parental Guidance your 7-8 yr olds will be fine, without 11+

American Dad!

Age ratings in my opinion: 14+ (some episodes; one episode from season 3, some seasons 4-present) 12+ (some episodes; most of season 3; some seasons 4-present) American Dad! is an animated comedy series aimed at adults and older teens. The show is about Stan Smith (Seth MacFarlane), a CIA agent, and his wife, Francine (Wendy Schaal), alongside Hayley (Rachel MacFarlane) and Steve (Scott Grimes), who are their daughter and son. Also there is the pet goldfish Roger (Dee Bradley Baker) and alien Roger (Seth MacFarlane). The show has some strong, sometimes bloody violence, as well as sex and profanity and drugs. However, it is slightly more appropriate than Family Guy, which is also created by Seth MacFarlane. I am baffled at how they gave this a higher age rating than Family Guy and South Park; those shows are a lot more inappropriate than this.

Liked American Dad, But...

To the parents reading this because they are being swarmed by their kids asking if they can watch this, Don't let them I can't stress it enough, in the end it's your choice but read this first this show contains High Sexual References and Content I believe this show also contains nudity but I might be thinking of family guy ( Don't let them watch that either just as bad as this one might be worse) that sums this review up they call It adult animated for a reason my personal opinion would be 21+ if that was an option Thanks for reading.

Not as bad as Family Guy

If your kid wants to watch family guy and you say no this is a good second choice. Not very inappropriate.

Just like family guy

It’s like family guy and known for its edgy jokes although i have not seen much I’ve seen enough to have opinion

Raunchy but extremely funny!

Hilarious cartoon! This show is definitely worse than The Simpsons and the language and sex scenes are slightly worse than Family Guy’s. But I overall really enjoy watching this cartoon! It amazes me on how this show is still funny! This show also censors words like F*** but if you buy the DVDs or watch it in other countries (like the UK for an example) they don’t bleep it.