Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 192 kid reviews

Sort by:

Underrated

Let’s be honest here, we all watch this purely for Rodger.

2 people found this helpful.

A more tame (and sometimes funnier) version of Family Guy

This show (along with family guy) I sometimes watch while trying to fall asleep. This show is perfect for teens who like dumb humor, but I mostly watch to help me sleep. There is less swearing and violence in this show than family guy, but it is still made by the same person so beware of racy jokes. If you don't think your kids ready for family guy, let them watch this instead.
1 person found this helpful.

Good but Family guy is better

Personally I think Family guy is better but I think seasons 1-7 are the best because they are hilarious but a little more inappropriate than family guy and unfortunately the newer episodes are declining in quality and is becoming super cringy unilke family guy. PS, season 13 is rated TV- MA on Disney plus

Its funny, but some jokes get old/repetitive after a while. But its a good binge when you're bored. You can always just watch it in its entirety and then watch it all the way from the beginning without it being too boring.

good show maybe a bit less boring than family guy

how does it have a higher age rating (16+) than south park (15+) and family guy (14+), i know this is based on the uncensored version but make it the same rating as family guy and lower then south park please if its censored then it should be 13+ but if its uncensored then maybe a 15+ as long as it has a lower rating than south park then it is alright with me, please if ur listening to me commonsensemedia than please and please change it to a lower rating like 14+ (because family guy is rated 14+) and south park is a 15+ so please change it lower than a 16+

"Good morning, U.S.A!"

American Dad is an animated comedy TV show that has aired since 2005 and stars Seth MacFarlane, Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Rachel MacFarlene and Dee Bradley Baker. Language(3/5): Some mild and moderate language in a lot of episodes, mostly consisting of “b**ch”, “damn”, “sl*t”, “a**”, “hell” and “wh*re”, and less frequent uses of “piss” and “bastard”. Stan sometimes says offensive things, particularly when sharing his opinions on immigration. The words “s**t”, “a**hole”, “g****mn”, “d**k” and “f**k” are used somewhat infrequently and are censored when airing on TV but are uncensored online and on DVDs. Sex, Romance and Nudity(3/5): Cleavage and jokes about breasts, masturbation, erections and r*pe. Kissing. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking(4/5): Roger takes numerous drugs throughout the series, mostly smoking crack. Smoking and drinking are common. Violence(4/5): A lot less violent than Family Guy, but still a lot of gory shootings and brutal deaths in some episodes. Stan often threatens people with his gun. Positive Messages(1/5): Some lampooning of racism and encouragement of diversity. Positive Role Models and Representations(1/5): The family members care about each other more than the family members in Family Guy, but Stan makes bad parenting decisions frequently. What I think an average episode’s rating should be: TV-14 Quality(opinionated): While the series is consistently funnier than Family Guy, it also doesn’t have as many memorable gags, outstanding elements or bad episodes. It’s sort of neutralizes the positive and negative aspects that creates a show that’s entertaining but not amazing.

Great Show but Not for Young Young Kids

I really like it. It’s episodic but has over arching themes such as the story about Rogers Gold Poop. Or the overzealous obsession that Stan has with his mom. It is very graphic however and I do agree that there are some jokes that are a lot more out there than the usual. However these jokes are very rare. It’s really fun and a great binge. There is swearing however it’s not hard sweats like the F word. It’s usually stuff like shit, ass, dumbass, hell, things like that.

Great Show but Not for Young Young Kids

Decent show but should not be watched by kids 13 or younger.

Like Family Guy, American Dad is a bad influence on kids 14 and younger. It has always been a pretty decent show, it shows the personality of every character which supports the plot. The new episodes are much better than family guy's. It also contains stereotypes of almost every American.

Family Guy but a bit more Tame and on TBS.

Not as tame as The Cleveland Show or Bordertown(I only recommend watching The Cleveland Show out of those 2) But still recommended for 11 Year Olds and Higher, Tamer Than Family Guy, but Edgier than The Cleveland Show and ForbiddenTown(Bordertown.) Roger is also funny af This also one of the 2 Seth MacFarlane Cartoons to not be on FOX. The other one is The Cleveland Show, which is on FX/FXX.