Kid reviews for American Dragon: Jake Long

Descendant of dragons fights dark magic in NYC.

Teen, 13 years old Written bythedragoondude June 24, 2020

SERIOUSLY TWO STARS!

This show is my personal favourite original Disney Channel show and the only issue I can see people getting is the art change in season 2 which I personally embraced if not preferred to season 1
Teen, 14 years old Written byB3rn1c3 N30H August 27, 2017

My childhood show!(indeed)

This show was my childhood.I have been laughing my butt off towards Jake's street-smart attitude in some moments of Season 1 and 2(Season 1 has the best moments).We also get to see Jake get more character development and the finale was good and grippin'(Nods head like Jake listening to MC Hammers)

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

Two stars?

Really is that all it gets? I like it a lot, Jake is a good role model despite his martial arts acts.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 25, 2012

let them watch

Jake is normal and appropriate. the story is interesting and kids will enjoy. I watched it straight through the end!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 4, 2011

The last of its kind...

Seriously, CommonSense? Two stars? That's all you can give it? Why does it seem like you hate every good show? Oh, just because it has a little violence, it's automatically bad? American Dragon: Jake Long is the the last of its kind (as far as Disney Channel cartoons go), sadly. Jake is a great role-model (despite some of his disrespectful traits). There are also a few lessons in each episodes, which is a plus for parents. There is plenty of action and martial arts, but not too much to the point where it becomes unwatchable for kids. The humor is great, with the occasional inside joke and the episodes have actual plots, unlike most cartoons these days. Ignore CSM, their review does not make any sense. This is an awesome show!

Teen, 14 years old Written byGothraindrop June 28, 2011

OKay Kids

It is a little racist but it is still good, dont watch if you're one of those over protected parents
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 February 16, 2011

Mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings on this show. I do like the plotlines, but Jake's arrogant, lazy attitude annoys me. But he usually ends up doing the right things. Violence: Some fighting, nothing bloody or serious. Sex: Some flirting and kissing. Language: Words like, "stupid" are sometimes used.

Kid, 8 years old October 19, 2010

American Dragon Jake Long

Its Good.I Miss The Old Disney Channel.But This Is Atleast On Disney XD.7+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday September 23, 2010

I use to always watch it!

I always watched it, but my stepmom doesn't like it because we're Christian and she thinks its a little creepy with the red dragon, I watch it when my brothers aren't in the room, cuz of the violence. It kinda has dark undertones, but its not a bad show. I love the voices, and its pretty funny. Jake's pretty ignorent half of the time thou, has issues with being told what to do.. Trixie is my fave, its not racisum that she talks that way, its New York! Jake speaks that way too! Spud doesn't thou. Rose's secret is really exciting to know about, her birthmark is cool. Although I'm suprised they both haven't figured out who eachother were (their voices are give aways) Either way, dispite the violence and romance, its really cool.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 April 29, 2010

show is..

kinda raceist but i persenally like the show parents should be a little concernd but don't go crazy! its pretty dencent compared to other shows! all in all its good! if yor concered just turn the in into a teachable moment on sterotypes but i don't think its all that bad.

Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009

I like it

I like this show!

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2009

Somewhere in the middle

This is a OK tv show.
Nothing special.
It bores you after you watch it for awhile.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

Very entertaining, but...

This show is surprisingly entertaining. But it gets old after awhile, I couldn't see this exactly being someone's favorite show. There are a few bathroom jokes in most episodes. There is also alot of fighting. The main character isn't very respectful. Surprisingly, being set in New York, there is no drugs or alchohol or commercialism. But kids of different nations judge each other by their races. Overall this is an above average show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byogaboga April 9, 2008

boring!

i am 11 years old and this show stinks. it is boring and the kid jake talks and acts like a black kid from the hood. it is a take off from every tv show. there are bad jokes and they are not funny. the only way i laugh is watching how bad it is. my friends all agree with me
Teen, 14 years old Written byicefire22 April 9, 2008

Awesome!!

This is my favorite show.me and my friends watch it whenever it's on. My mom even likes it. And she's 35! It's entertaining and even funny to watch Jake juggle his social life and his duties as the American Dragon.This show is a must watch. Some people don't approve of the violence or "bathroom jokes" but you gotta remember-it's Disney channel. Every show is rated g on disney channel. They wouldn't put anything that was really bad on Disney channel. Parents have to remember-it's just a tv show.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibbiu April 9, 2008

It's a decsent show

I don't see anything wrong with the language, including the accsents on any of the characters. The show isn't racist in any way and even though Jake isin't really respectful too his grand father it's not like a kids going to say 'Oh I'm going to act like Jake!' I like the show and I'm thirteen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoogles April 9, 2008

My my my...

I am 13 years old but my godsister makes me watch this show alot. I gotta say. This show is RACIST! My worst fear (Being asian american myself) is that a child who watches the show may say to me somethign like "Look a chinese person! Do you think he can tur nint oa dragon?" This also misinforms the masses about chinese culture. Jeff Goode should be sued so disney can fall along with the many other incredibly (But subtly) racist shows it shows on TV.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Jeremy

Jeremy- 6 and a1/2.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykitsune April 9, 2008

lol dont flame a show if you dont even know how to make one

even for me i like this show it doesnt show racism. were are you getting this bull from? *probabaly cause your under age hmm?*
its called being a stereotype i still watch this show even though i am 15 :T but this show is on average an okay show if you want to see racism go watch "mind of mencia" the whole shows racist so you little kids should learn and think before you talk erm.. type
Teen, 13 years old Written bybunniesferrets April 9, 2008

I love this show !!!

I think "American Dragon" is a fun, great show for everyone. Some good episodes are The Academy, The Ski Trip, and Breakout ! Good job Disney Channel !!