Parent reviews for American Idol

American Idol Poster Image

Best Show on TV

I am finally writing this long overdue review - there is too much negativity in the world and time for us to all come together. The positivity, fun, caring and kindness the cast of American Idol display every episode is what we need more of in the world. The chemistry and real fun Katy, Lionel, Luke and Ryan share is a breath of fresh air. They are fun, funny, caring and show us every episode how much they love what they are doing. I have been a huge fan of each individually as artists - their work on American Idol brings it to a new level. So excited for the new season and want to let ABC know what great casting choices!

Maximum age limit should be raised to 99

This is a TV show that has some of the most disgusting forms of management. It teaches the public how to age discriminate, it teaches children to disrespect their elders. Only during the show's 6th season on Fox did they do one thing right by allowing Sherman Pore at the age of 64 to audition. When he sang very well, that was the signal to get rid of the maximum age limit of 28 and to give that maximum age limit a mighty boost clear all the way up to 99. If I was the top manager of that show, and heard Sherman sing and loved his singing, that maximum age limit of 28 would have been out with the trash.

It should be same age

I do believe that Lionel Richie is my mom's favorite singer but, My daugther loves it she can't wait for season 18!

Not a family show anymore

We loved this in 2016. ABC has turned it into a politically correct version I guess. I can't watch it with my children now because of age innapropriate words/discussions/visuals. Their is homosexuality, transgender and sexuality and this is not for chilsren. You need to be old enough to have discussions and understand what these things actually mean... That is why I put 18 because my children and teenagers are vulnerable and this stuff only mixes them up more.

Love American idol

Love America idol this best show then the voice I give 10 stars or mybe 15 stars my name is Blake

The VOICE is a more positive alternative. IDOL is too mean.

The Voice actively has a philosophy of encouragement and positive messaging. I highly recommend it --The Voice is a far better and more positive alternative to American Idol. It lacks the he judgment, mean criticism and cruelty of Idol. A bonus result of this is that what emerges are clear and positive lessons about communication through music and performance -- in a way that is also accessible to and applicable by its viewers.
For me American Idol shows that any one can follow their dreams,but sometimes following your dreams can and in disappointment.Sometimes the show there is swearing but they usually bleep it out.

The loss of Simon Cowell is a loss for the show.

Sometimes viewers are told in advance what the following week's theme will be, sometimes not. Trying to guess the week's theme is just as much fun as actually watching. The singers, of course, are always entertaining and enjoyable to watch. And, while we may not always agree with Simon Cowell, he was and is definitely needed, as his words get the contestants to improve. He is not afraid of the truth, and neither should the contestants. Make no mistake about it. The show is still very good, and the judges give a message to the contestants- and all of us- about how we can learn from our mistakes. But the main reason why ratings have plummented in recent years is because Simon Cowell is no longer on the show. We sometimes need to hear a voice like his, even if we don't agree with it. And what makes this show better than the others is that contestants are not assigned to a team. As a result, the judges are freer and better able to be honest and neutral. This is a much-needed show. The loss of Randy Jackson is a loss for the show as well. He was neighborly and warm- the kind you'd want to have as a neighbor, just like Mister Rogers. This show is still excellent, but it will never be the same.

Where is this show going?!

I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I think I miss Simon Cowell! It looks like that the producers of this show are thinking too much of who is going to be a judge. I don't care about the annoying judges! I just want to hear people sing most of the time, instead of focusing half the time on the judges' personal dilemmas (WHICH NO ONE CARES!!!). If this is how American Idol is going to be, then I don't know what I'll do! America's Got Talent is a WAY better show than this one! It's got more talent than singing!

OMG