All parent member reviews for American Restoration

Parent Written byeddjones11 October 31, 2012

Good show, but all a set-up and all about him

I really liked it until I found out it was fake. I saw a 2009 episode of Pawn Stars where a guys brings in an old coke machine to pawn. The pawn guys take it to Rick's for restoration. All seems normal until you flash forward 4 years and the guy that brought the machine to the pawn shop turns out to be Rick's brother who works for Rick. What a fix. I thought both shows were pretty real until that. The episode of American Restoration I just watched had a guy bring in an old pencil vending machine that he wanted restored to raffle off for disabled American Vets. Rick's quote was for $600. All was good and the restoration was beautiful. The surprise came at the end when Rick did NOT donate the restoration work to the cause.Rick would have earned a lot more respect from me if he'd have done that little $600 job for free - nope money is the bottom line. And, truthfully, while disappointed I'm ok with him making his paycheck, but what bothered me was that Rick said it was great to be a part of such a great cause. Rick, you weren't part of the cause - you were only in it for the money.
Parent Written byfemale viewer November 25, 2011

just sayin'

Great show, but lose the retired show girl. It's insulting.
Parent of a 10 and 17 year old Written bymo99 November 3, 2010

15+ -- good shgow

good show. some fun, some cool stuff and some leraning