Parent reviews for America's Next Top Model

America's Next Top Model Poster Image

Panel fake

Fake and phony especially the blogger on show

Not for Children

This show is a guilty pleasure. But it is ultimately a lie - the modelling world is very tough and chews up aspiring models like soft candy. That reality is given short shrift and instead a lot of coverage is given to exotic locations, etc., perpetuating the 'glamor' reputation that modelling does not deserve. This show DOES NOT give a realistic portrayal of what awaits anyone entering the modelling field and could set them up for disaster. This show should not be recommended for children. Period.

It takes work as well as looks

This show has a measure of the drama and cutthroat competition that affects most reality shows in which contestants are eliminated one by one. Aside from this and the association of high fashion with revealing clothing, what bothers me most is the ridicule aimed at any model who carries a few pounds more than the skeletal ideal. I'm hoping that viewers see this standard as part of what's wrong with the modeling industry, rather than applying it to themselves. That said, I think the show promotes hard work better than CSM's official review gives it credit for. Professionalism is emphasized: models learn skills to help them pose for photographs, and they need to set aside any bad moods and focus on doing their job well, or they won't have many good photos to show at the review. Models who look pretty but aren't fully invested are typically the first ones cut from the show.

America's Next Anorexic Drug Addicted Chain Smoking Little GIRL!

I modeled professionally years ago in my teens & early 20's. I'm 40 now & feel disgusted that I ever wanted to be a "supermodel." Then again, I was a typical teenager! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, ENERGY, & INTELLIGENCE ON THIS SHOW. IT'S GARBAGE. Tyra Banks is NOT who she says she is. She's phony balogna. Steer clear of the modeling industry (billion-dollar a year BUSINESS) period. It's a SICK & TWISTED world/lifestyle. UNLESS your daughter (or son) has their head on reeeally straight & isn't one bit naive (I don't know many teens who do/are), keep them away from watching this disgusting SCRIPTED t.v. show.

America's Next Top Model is a fake beauty pageant gone bad!

The host of this Show, Tyra Banks, thinks that her show teaches young women about beauty. Well, she is wrong! America's Next Top Model is full of fakeness, backstabbing, gossipers, and photo shots. Tyra Banks and her show are bad role models. Please blaock your children from ever watching this show!

This Show is Meant(ly) for girls.

ssssssoooo csm did a greajob rating on this but NEVER IFFY FOR 14. OFF for ages 12 and under IFFY for age 13 and ON for ages 14 and up Why is the reason it's iffy for 13 year olds because i would recommend this for 13 plus. WARNING: It has no violence(but the sometimes negative role models will be a little bit violent, ok?), there is messages (that are negative) and role models (both negative), S**ual and Nuddy Shots, There are no bad words in the N*ked Shoots Version, Lots of consumers and drugs. I think this scene is questionable, i rate this scene a 0-2 and sometimes 3 stars. The only highlight is the Sometimes Positive Role Model(s). This Scene i rate this is a 3 star mostly 4-5 stars. in my suggestion, don't say 13-14.

Kaylee does not watch it

But as 2-young 10 will handle bad words such as "g--" and mature 10-25 it's fun to watch Americas! And 26 and up may find g--ness

Parent presence is adviced for young teens

It's true what the reviewers are saying, the show can be really good for a teenager's self-esteem but I recommend that is watched, if possible, with a parent. There is an episode that I watched were contestant cheats on her boyfriend after she gets really drunk. They all get in a hot tub with a guy each and... well, she does it. But later on she suffers, showing that actions like the one she did have consecuences. The kisses that are shown are intense and... well, although the couples don't go too far, It's better for you to be there. About Tyra Banks, she is a good role model. She talks to each girl individually when they are feeling down and cheers them up. My does seem to give really good advices to the contestants. I watched the first season with my brother and my little sister, she's 13 now. We stopped except her because she was and still is interesed in the fashion world. Sadly, Internet made her wish come true and kept on watching the show on her own. I found out too late what kind of show she was watching alone. My advice is to encourage your kids to watch it with you so that they don't feel the need to watch it by themselves, specially when they are younger than 14 and they are interested in being fashion designers or models (they will find a way to be informed)

I do not like this show at all. The contestants often come from circumstances so difficult that this show is a huge gamble for them, an all or nothing attempt to make it big on nothing more than their currently fashionable looks and photographability, and when only one woman wins and the rest go back to what they came from it must be devastating for them. In addition,the message is that a worthy model will do anything asked of them, including giving their all when seriously ill, or undergoing painful beauty treatments, or posing nude and/or kissing someone (often not well-known to them) just for the sake of a photo. These are not the values I want my three girls to embrace. Though the show claims to promote healthy values for girls, such as an episode that discouraged eating disorders, a perfectly beautiful and healthy-looking contestant was eliminated for being a few pounds overweight. (She looked just right, so she must have even been a bit on the too skinny side if t.v. adds wight to people's appearances.) Several of these down-and-out contestants are mothers who have left their babies for a long time to be on this show. I don't know why people want to watch often desperately unfortunate women gambling and putting everything on the line for a chance at stardom instead of encouraging them to work equally hard at furthering their educations and get work that would give them and their families security and stability. I hate how the contestants grovel at the feet of Tyra Banks who acts like an omnipotent Goddess who holds their entire futures in the palms of her hands. She and the other judges are often so cruel in their discourse on the worthiness of the contestants based solely on their appearances. Though there may be profanity, I am much less offended by that than the messages insidiously delivered to us on a silver platter. The whole show makes me really sad for the state of our values.