Kid reviews for A.N.T. Farm

Cute comedy has good anti-bullying messages for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byaquaprincess May 12, 2011

Poor acting, cliche story

I don't understand why common sense media raves about this show. I watched the pilot, and I considered turning it off halfway through. I don't know if it's just because I'm older, but this show is annoying. I tried to be positive about it, but honestly, I can only hope it gets better because this show is going to flop right away. There isn't much that's inappropriate about it, but it's just plain cheesy. Don't waste your time on this show.

EDITED TO ADD:
I gave it one star. Common Sense Media doesn't allow no stars. If I could do no stars, I most certainly would.

EDITED TO ADD:
This show makes me sick. I don't watch it anymore, but I had to add this.
I have NEVER hated a show as much as I truly detest ANT Farm. This is the worst show in existence today, and I am absolutely shocked that it actually passes for entertainment. To start with the main character, China- everybody in this show absolutely worships her. It doesn’t matter what she does wrong. She’s the Queen of the ANT Farm and everybody knows it! It would be better to list this than actually rant on and on about what I hate about this show. 1) China goes to high school, and so does Fletcher. Okay, I can understand why Olive should go to high school- her memory is fantastic. But why couldn’t China and Fletcher’s parents put them into a special school for musicians or artists? WHY do they have to go to high school? Talent in the fine arts is not linked to intelligence in other subjects! Is that promoting a good message? What if somebody doesn’t have excessive talent? Won’t they think they’re stupid? 2) Budget cuts. This one really frustrates me. If their school is experiencing budget cuts that are so terrible, why don’t they cut the stupid ANT Farm, or at least stop giving the ANTs ANT Pads? Is there a reason that they need tablets? They don’t do anything on those ANT Pads except to watch TV shows and play with apps! Meanwhile, the high school students get absolutely nothing! Each of these students gets their own personal corner- a personal RECORDING STUDIO must cost a lot of money, no? What’s the use of a personal recording studio if China keeps attempting to get ‘discovered’? And why does Fletcher have an art corner, and Angus the most advanced computer equipment in the world? 3) Class. So, can the ANTs come to the ANT room any time they feel like it? Because I’ve noticed they do NOTHING in the ANT room except for sit around and talk to their friends. Rather than letting their talents flourish, they basically skip class and talk to their friends. Yes, I’m SURE this is a way to let your talents grow! I’ve noticed China doesn’t even take a music class. Fletcher doesn’t even take an art class and Olive… goodness knows what kind of class she should take! 4) Thinness. It’s as if being extremely skinny is the norm on this show. I’m pretty sure this China person is anorexic, because she is SO thin. And then Angus, who’s only chubby from baby fat, is shown to be a ruthless pig, eating giant chicken legs and seeing everyone as meat. How does this make people feel when they’re slightly overweight? 5) Money! China’s dad is a police officer and her mother is a BIRTHDAY PARTY ENTERTAINER, and yet China still lives in a GIANT house and is able to get EVERYTHING she wants. Why do Disney Channel stars have to get EVERYTHING they want?! Why can’t they ever be slightly deprived? Just slightly? Maybe the main character should be struggling a tiny bit! Maybe they should be lonely and unpopular, or be dealing with a loss, rather than be dealing with breakups and their own faults. 6) Setting people up. These people are ELEVEN, for goodness’s sake. WHY are they being set up? For example, Fletcher has a major crush on China, and Angus has a major crush on Olive, but WHY would they go out at such a young age?! What next? Seven year-olds having their first kiss? Wake up, Disney!
I truly hate ANT Farm. There is so much I could say about it, but I’ll spare you all. DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW. Do not give this show ratings! Don’t kill your brains and promote bad messages! This is an awful show, totally fluffy, only it doesn’t make you feel good or get away from your troubles- it just makes you angry that this whiny girl has such a perfect life. Chyna’s talents should remain in singing. After all, I do think she’s a talented singer. But when it comes to acting, she needs to LEAVE DISNEY CHANNEL. She will only get Disney records, and everyone will know her as China Parks.

y’all are being boomers

if you’re hating on this show your name is probably Karen and you always ask to see the manager wherever you go and expect them to take you side on whatever crap you are giving them. anyway, this show is the best and it’s got a great storyline with lots of good humor.

Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2011

Amaya is out peace

I think that A.N.T. Farm is a smart non-violent show for any age

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlackMagic13 August 6, 2020

Very Unfunny and Boring

This is a boring show, and it doesn't have very good actors. I think it would be better if they had better actors. Even though they are kid actors, they could've tried harder. I guess if you are a younger kid then this could be appealing, seeing how my sister likes it, but I just can barely stand it. It's also very very not funny.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2020

Cute show

I never got to watch Disney Channel when I was little, so when I started watching this on Disney+ it was awesome. I thought this was a really good show. It's really cute, and little kids could watch it. There is no sexual stuff, only crushes, and a couple kisses, but it isn't steamy or inappropriate.

Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2020

Great TV Show

I personally love this TV show. The characters are well thought of and it has a great storyline. I rate it 9+ because there is a lot of romance. Otherwise it is awesome.

Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2019

Good to be honest

I loved this show when I was younger. I recall sitting in front of the TV every day after school and just watching it. I honestly thought nothing of it and I really liked the overall plot and premise of the series.

However, looking back on it now, I must say I am disappointed. But overall, it’s pretty neat and I’ll give it that.

Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2019

Awesome show

Good show kids would love this. The best me and my sister watch this shes 11 i am 9 we love it. Don't thank boys would like it as much as girls
cues its about girls. Relllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly! good for all ages.

Kid, 8 years old June 25, 2019

Love it!

I personally love it! Even though A.N.T Farm about nine years old it is good for if you have to work on your homework to have in the background.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySomeKindofLove March 13, 2018

Very Funny and life teaching show

I loved this show as a child and still love it now. It shows that sometimes even if others put you down you should stand for yourself. Yes there some rule breaking and sass talk, but there consqeunces towards those. Teaches about self loving, friendship, and social life. Great show!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCATS ROCK February 10, 2018

Ant Farm Rocks!

I truly love ant farm. The character Olive wants you to learn more so that you have an awesome memory. China the character makes you want to play more music! The entire show is great! I would truly recommend it. The only down side is there are mean kids that rule the school and who are mean and the Ant Farm group can't fight them. But I would still recommend this show. There is no bad humor. It is very funny. I would truly recommend it!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMax Corbett April 16, 2017

Decent Disney Show

Decent Disney Show, it's actually okay.

Kid, 11 years old October 11, 2016

Great Show!!!

I really liked A.N.T. Farm! It was a great show. But I do think that it does have a few crushing content, which a certain age should be applicable to watch. I personally liked this show, which is why I gave it 5 stars. All of the actors/actresses did a great job in their role. Over all, I think that ages 9 and up should be allowed to watch this show.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm_commonsens June 15, 2016

Unrealistic.....plots can be interesting

Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2016

Entertaining but with weird story line

It is fun to watch but like any other Disney show, it is very cheesy. The story line is very strange, a bunch of 6th grader are put in the A.N.T program at a high school. They all have a speical talent, art, music, computers, etc. It would make more sense if the kids took different classes, but they take the same ones as the high schoolers and as far as I can tell, only Olive seems fully capable of that. In one episode they all take a test and all get A's because the teacher was to lazy to grade them. The main character, Chyna, is mean to one of the characters, making jokes that make fun of his weight. Two boys have very obvious crushes on two girls. In one episode, a boy helps a girl fix her computer and tells her to say things that make it sound like they were on a date. When she figures his out she scares him by saying "let's create electricity" and when he doesn't get it, she says "kiss silly."

Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned February 4, 2016

ANT Farm

When being said it seems like an interesting idea, but when Disney Channel executes it it becomes a flop.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykaratethuyduong January 10, 2016