All parent member reviews for Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Parent Written bycartoon reviewer November 2, 2013

Unlike Carl and Shake Frylock is a very good role model

This show is very random and most kids and adults will not understand its bizarre plot . In seasons 1-4 it is was ok for tweens and up but know the show has over the top violence, language, sex and drugs.Kids who could watch one episode that could be rated TV-PG could watch another rated TV-MA. This show shows humour through violence drugs and sex. The next door neighbour carl is a terrible role-model but master shake is just as bad. Having said that Frylock (The cereal box of chips)is a very good role model as he acts like a father towards Meatwad (who is an innocent piece of meat) and protects him from shakes evil plans like cooking him in a microwave and chopping him into pieces with a sword chainsaw. If you like South Park but without the structured plots then if your an adult out there this is the show for you.
Adult Written byOL PESKY FARMER December 10, 2010

Hilarious show is completely over the top

Great show. Hilarious. But this review needs to be changed. In its early seasons, this show was fine for 10+ year olds. Now it has turned into a racist, sexist, cussing, drug filled show that at times rivals or even surpasses the likes of South Park in terms of inappropriate content. One episode involves a dog named Hand Banana repeatedly raping a character on screen. It is very funny the way it is portrayed, but that is the problem. It portrays rape as a funny thing. Another episode called "D*ckesode" uses the word d*ck 53 times in 10 minutes, shows millions of (poorly censored) severed penises, a large amount of blood, and a character who looks like a giant penis. Yet another disturbingly nasty episode involves a character microwaving cats to the point where they explode, with guts and blood everywhere. Also, a character eats feces on screen, and everybody dies at the end of the episode. The last episode I will write about is the most disgusting and inappropriate episode of ANY cartoon I have ever seen. This episode is called "Rubberman". In this episode, a duck is made out of used condoms and syringes, and brought to life. Rubberman (as he is called) is a horrible role model, and encourages Meatwad to smoke crack and kill homeless people for money. A character has his genitals bitten off on screen by a killer whale, crack is bought and smoked multiple times, Meatwad eats the contents of a used condom, a drug dealer is executed, a policeman is maimed and killed brutally, and a character has his arms cut off with a hacksaw. All this in a 10 minute show that is supposedly fine for young teens. Please change this review CommonSense, because this show is becoming the new South Park.
Parent Written bynicolej 1 February 9, 2015

i really love it alot

I think its the best show I LOVED IT SO MUCH WHEN I WAS 9 and I always was thinking that seasons 1 and 2 were for 8+ and seasons 3 and 4 were for 9+ and seasons 5 and 10 were for 10+ cuz of some violence
Parent Written bysumoni May 20, 2012

Kinda funny show

I'm a fan, but this show can be very hit or miss. Regardless of the fact it's on Adult Swim, teen are gonna watch it. There's no lessons, someone usually dies and is alive the next episode, crude sex, rape humor, toilet humor, slapstick, violence such as suicide, and strange stuff. If your parent who doesn't mind some adult cartoons for your kids, try it out. Just to be warned it's in no way shape or form aimed at kids. Never to be watched unsupervised.
Adult Written bytdickensheets July 12, 2009

Kids shouldn't watch this.

I don't watch myself. I don't care for it.
Adult Written byThe JP Show May 25, 2009
Parent of a 2, 4, 12, and 17 year old Written bySuper U. May 18, 2016

As funny as heck.

HILARIOUS! My kids LOVE this show. Anyone who hates it has the mind of a 55 year old.
Parent Written byzameenh July 3, 2015

Strange but references might ring a bell

This show has weird themes,no wonder some episodes have TV-MA,but rather from that,not much language,but rather from that it is pretty funny!.If your kids can handle it.
Parent of a 8, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written bynot educated June 17, 2015

frylock is not a good role model for my 12 year old.

I just noticed my tween started swearing in class. So I took this show away from her. Not allowed anymore.
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11, 11, 12, 13, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15, 16, 17, and 18+ year old Written bynicoleandmeatwadss February 9, 2015

i love it

my kids are age 5 2 and an infant that was just born today but ill let my kids wacth seasons 1 and 2 when are age 8+ and my kids can wacth seasons 3 and 4 when they are 9+ and they wacth seasons 5 10 and the new season 11 when they are 10+
Adult Written byNotGeneShalit December 5, 2014

Absurd, Avant-Garde, but not for Impressionable Audiences

This show can be dumb as a brick, but can come off as a hilarious satire on modern life. It depends entirely from episode to episode. That being said, it's a train-wreck, it's not meant to be a kid's show and frankly revisiting it after having graduated college, I have more of an appreciation now than I did in high school. It's really REALLY an anti-role model show, literally Carl is the epitome of everything every grown man fears becoming, but he's so far gone and so into himself, that it works perfectly for the absurdism of the show. I don' t think this show should be censored, I don't wish it off the air, and I enjoy watching it myself. Young kids will inevitably watch it, and they could do worse, for as inappropriate as the show is, its stories border on incoherency most of the time. What I will say is that I think it's fine for high schoolers, and most of the sketchier innuendos will be lost on middle school kids, but they'll still enjoy it. Again however, anyone with children who like to imitate what they see on TV-- good luck. Don't let them watch this for a long while.
Adult Written byGuy dude October 4, 2014

Should not be tv ma

Really weird
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byorenthaljamessimpson April 25, 2013

Watch an episode with your child!

This show is weird,but also very fine.It really has no plot,the characters live in a dump,and craziest of all,the characters are food!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

This so funny!

This show is hilarious! Sure it has some crude humor but it's not bad.
Adult Written byage 10+ October 16, 2011

fine for age 11+

Aqua teen hunger force is a very enjoyble show. Now, I know that some episodes are rated TV-MA but the show is fine for anyone age 11+ who wants to watch it.
Adult Written byidk lol July 7, 2011

Its like a roller coaster

Well, seasons 1-5 are ok, but the rest of the series goes up in language and stuff after that. Master shake and carl always die, but because they were being unreasonable. Just watch out for the mooninite episodes, but the series after ATHF, which is aqua unit patrol, is mostly appropriate for younger audiences.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Watch Carl.

It's the best. Parents should know that the show's best character (neighbor Carl) is also a terrible role model. So is Shake. It's also violent and sexual.
Adult Written byfgh8ud May 17, 2010

Depends on season.

OK, the first couple of seasons are definately OK for tweens and teens. These next seasons are not ok for tweens, and not early teens. They got very mature and more surreal during the later seasons. Don't let your younger kids watch new seasons just old ones.
Parent of a 11, 13, and 13 year old Written byimamommy July 19, 2009

good for anyone!!!@!@

the aqua teen family are great role models and show just how a house should be run!!! we watch it every time it comes on!!! i think that the aqua teens are great models and have influenced my parenting greatly!!!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMr. Boxbox May 3, 2009
it really depends what episode you are watching. some episodes have only mild swearing and dialogue. others have mature themes and extreme violence. some episodes are tv_pg. others are tv_14 and the new ones are all tv_ma. this show is very bizarre and random but great. the first season is very tame and is ok for tweens. the new episodes are more iffy but should be fine for most teens.