Kid reviews for Aquarius

Sex, drugs, and murder in well-written if clichéd drama.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written byLaraJane246 April 28, 2018

Good series, but inaccurate

"Aquarius" is a mixture of dramatized true crime and fictional police drama. The storyline focuses on Sam Hodiak, a troubled police detective and Emma Karn, a teenage girl who ran away to join the Manson family cult. The series is enjoyable and gripping, however there are a lot of inaccuracies in the Manson family story. If you look past this however, it is a good series. It is worth noting, though, that it was cancelled after season 2, therefore does not have a proper ending.

Netflix rates this series as an 18+ , but as a 15 year old who watched it, I would say it is suitable for ages 15-16 and up.
It contains frequent graphic violence, as expected, including murder and dead bodies, so if you are squeamish, I don't recommend it. It has a lot of sexual references, although there is not a lot of sex showed, and only nudity from the back. There is frequent drug use, including spiking drinks with LSD and a character who is a heroin addict and there is also drinking and smoking, however I don't feel like the show
glamorizes this.
Most characters are extremely poor role models, the only major character I would as say could be a good role model is Charmane.

Lastly, I would add as a warning that there is frequent racism (mostly towards blacks, but also some towards Jews and Latinas). This would not make the age rating higher, in my opinion, but may be upsetting to some.

Overall, I would say a mature 15 year old could watch this show, but definitely no younger than that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfoxmalmage13 May 7, 2016

A show about the 60's

A sometimes disturbing show that reflects the times of the 60's. Charles Manson is a main character and the Viet Nam War is a recurring theme. The protagonists make a lot of morally questioning choices and have questionable personalities.