All teen and kid member reviews for Arrested Development

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011

BEST SHOW EVER!

BEST SHOW EVER! THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOW BY FAR. IT'S REALLY FUNNY AND EVERYONE WOULD LOVE IT. BUT, IT GOT CANCELLED. BUT, THEY'RE MAKING A ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MOVIE THAT I HAVE TO SEE
Teen, 16 years old Written bycross_breed September 8, 2010
I absolutely love this show! I'm borrowing the first season from my buddy right now. I'm about half way through and I'm positively addicted to it. When I watch it I can't stop laughing. This is the one show I think I would say is funnier than The Office. Content wise, it's really not bad. Like I said, I'm about halfway through the first season and I've only heard two f-bombs unbleeped, a couple bleeped words, and a few uses of words like d*mn and hell. There are some sexual themes: one character has romantic feelings for a relative, another for his brother's girlfriend, and several sleep around. The role models are really bad, as most are out for themselves and no one else. They lie, cheat, steal, many other bad things, however the overall theme, that family is very important, is a positive one. If you're over thirteen, this is a hilarious show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylandruzz March 18, 2016

Amazing show is very mature

This show is my absolute favorite and is totally hilarious. Canceling it was a huge mistake (though Netflix did bring it back). That being said, there is a lot of mature content. There isn't much violence, and all of it is comedic. There are some sexual references (most of which will fly over smaller kids heads). One person is attracted to their adopted cousin. There is quite a bit of drinking and smoking throughout the series. Two characters smoke marijuana (never seen on-screen). There is some swearing (sh*t, b*tch, a*ss), but anything more is bleeped. Only one of the main characters is good-hearted. All of the others are completely selfish and will do almost anything to benefit themselves, even if it hurts their family. The show is so clever and subtle and is completely hilarious. However, it is definitely not for young viewers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFathomT December 7, 2014

One of the best shows of all time, not for kids

There are no words that accurately describe this series. Sure, there are some that come close, such as well written, well acted, ridiculous, crazy, unpredictable, and hilarious, but none of them have a form as extreme as Arrested Development deserves. This show tells "The story of a wealthy family (the Bluths) who lost everything (when the patriarch, Oscar was found to be using company money for personal purchases and sent to jail) and the one son (Michael) who had no choice but to keep them (Lucille, the matriarch, Lindsey, Michael's twin sister, her husband, Tobias, their daughter, Maeby, GOB, Michael and Lindsey's older brother, and George Michael, Michael's son) together." This is often near the top of the "Best TV Show" lists and all variants of them for good reason. However, this isn't something to watch in front of the young ones. This show can be very raunchy at times (Especially GOB, the magician older brother. In the first episode, when someone calls his magic a magic trick, he says, "A trick is something a whore does for money," in front of the children who were watching his act.), there is a lot of drinking and some drug abuse(Lucille is an alcoholic and Oscar, George's twin does pot offscreen), and everyone except for Michael and George Michael, his son, have no idea how to work and everyone except George Michael can be incredibly unlikeable. However, no matter how awful they can be, they're a family and they stick together. I would like to take these last few sentences to explain a little misunderstanding. This is not, I repeat, NOT rated TV-MA (except maybe season 4, the Netflix season which I haven't seen yet. Or the version with the sensors removed that's only on Netflix as well). The first season and parts of the second season are rated TV-PG, while parts of season 2 and all of season 3 are TV-14. Everyone should watch this show, even if you have to wait a few years until it's OK for you.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2013

Hilarious show, not for unsuspecting children.

This show is freaking hilarious! And yes I just happen to be the most mature 11 year old ever. I'm not saying that it's good for all 11 year olds because it's not. My entire family loves this showand we can't wait for it to come back in may *jumping with joy*.But I'm not telling all you little kids to watch this show. I watch things like 30the Rock, The Office, How i met your mother, and so on. What I'm really tring to say is great show but NOT FOR KIDS. Bye!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheironichipster June 22, 2012

Brilliant comedy for anyone with a good sense of humor.

I recently just finished watching Arrested Development, and I must say this show takes a while to find funny but once you do, you'll find it hilarious. The whole show has a dark undertone,with the various Bluth family members trying to spite one another or exploit each other for their own pleasures.It may sound bad but usually the family ends up forgiving one another and all love each other in the end....I said usually.... The only real concern for families is there is a great deal of sexual innuendo and subtle jokes about sex that younger children may not understand. Obviously this is not a show that a family can all sit down and watch together but if you are 13 or older, it should be fine to watch. If you like semi- dark humor then you're sure to love Arrested Development!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 6, 2011

A fantastic show, for older teens.

Really hilarious show, but very subversive and edgy. Lots of sex jokes, and some very mature subject matter. Also, almost all of the characters are bad role models.
Teen, 16 years old Written byArrested_fan99 April 9, 2008

Funnist Freakin show ever!!! (except maybe seinfeld)

This is a great show and why'll there is some sex and language the messege isnt that bad and it is not TV-MA it is actually Tv-PG(first season) and TV- 14 (second-third season) the cenccership is for commedic affect and they did not actually write a ton of bad words in it. so it is a great show for people 13+ and the jokes don't go over my head, and also on the dvd's the language is also censored for comedic affect
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bymargo April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byAndersenMurray12 January 22, 2016

The Bluth family is a complete mess.

This show holds the most perfect plot I've ever witnessed. There are some uncomfortable scenes for anyone under 13, but not something to be worried about. Sex is mentioned frequently, and couples wake up in bed together (no nudity). Watch out if your child doesn't understand that sex isn't a casual thing. If you believe it is something to be saved for marriage, talk about it with your child before watching. Language is sometimes extreme but bleeped out on Netflix. Other curse words are commonly used and this should be noted before watching.
Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2014
I started watching this when I was in second grade, however, that was because all of my siblings did. I was very disturbed by much of the VERY sex (including gay sex) related material at the time, seeing as I was seven. Though now I'm twelve an not bothered by much of it, though I rather wish I had waited to watch it until now, mainly because I didn't fully appreciate it at the time, and now I do. It is VERY funny, though all children should know that none of the characters in this show should be role models in ANY WAY!!!!! It is very witty, and takes a hilarious spin on classic sit-com scenarios
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2013

Fun show!!!

I've been watching this show since I was in 4th grade. super funny, super good.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek May 21, 2013

POIGNANT, BRILLIANT SITCOM!

Parents, this hilarious, brilliant, poignant, innovate comedy for mature viewers stays low on slapstick violence, but has a fair amount of sexuality and language. Sexuality includes flirting, kissing, blurred nudity (penises and breasts), unprotected sex, references to having sex and making out, and one minor character repeatedly reveals her naked breasts, but it is all blurred out. In the way of language, there is infrequent use of w---e, and one major character has a shirt with the word sl-t printed on it. There is also frequent use of d-mn and h--l. The most mature part about the show is the drinking and drug material. It includes a character being an alcoholic who takes prescription drugs recreationally, constant wine and beer drinking, characters getting drunk repeatedly, references to a kid asking his uncle for pot, and a 16-year-old who says she is 28 and drinks alcohol often though underage. In the end, this well-acted critically-acclaimed TV sitcom is sure to impress mature young adults and adults, but keep this show away from the kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 26, 2013

Brilliant, constantly hilarious sitcom

Everyone knows the formula of sitcoms, its been tread on for years. But this show managed to revitalize it, and make you fall in love with this extremely eccentric crazy people who weren't always exactly the best role models. It's a fast-paced half hour of comedic genius, and some of the best writing ever on TV, period.
Teen, 17 years old Written byYour_God April 2, 2013

GOOD

GOOD. VERY GOOD
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2012

witty comedy but pause for kids under 12

This is a very witty comedy but it has some things that may not be appropriate for kids under 12. There are affars and language but the beep out all the bad words. It implies that there was some scenes of making out but you don't see anything on screen.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2012

Classic Wit

I enjoy comedic TV-shows to no extent. Arrested Development might be my favorite out of them all. It offers a fresh, brilliant story-line, complete with detailed characters. The acting is superior, done by lesser-known figures. Any tween with a level of maturity would enjoy this show. True, there are quick, explicit jokes, but nothing incredibly crude. There is implied-nudity, but everything is blurred. The strongest of language is bleeped. Violence is all played for humor - an example is Buster's metal hand-claw. Nearly every character there is selfish, deceptive, and just plain lazy ever once in a while. I'm glad that only three seasons were made. The first seasons of a show are nearly always the best, especially in comedy. A perfect example is The Office. I love that show, but it goes into an eighth season...and goes blah. You learn to appreciate a shorter length of shows. After years of acting, characters in a show have evolved too much for the plot to maintain its themes. That's why this show has such a strong foundation.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycityscapes901 July 10, 2012

Amazing. Fantastic. Wonderful. Genius.

This show is, without pretention (or much critical opposition), the best comedy in history. Simply phenomenal. The show is, however, for mature teenagers and up. A mature 13-14 year old could fully handle the subject matter. Any strong language (the f-word and similar) are bleeped out, and there are more (hilarious) sexual references then there is actual sex. Lucille Bluth is an alcoholic and Oscar Bluth smokes pot (and so does Gob on one occasion), but it's mostly played for laughs. Don't let any of this keep you from watching this show. It is brilliant, and the only reason it was cancelled was FOX's inability to promote a 5-time Emmy winning television series properly.
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2012

Fine for kids

Its amazing!!! So funny!!! I watch it with my 8 year old brother and he's fine. He doesn't get the jokes so its ok. But some of the jokes and references are really inappropriate and suggestive and be cautious because you might have to explain things to people. Also, bad language is used but bleeped out.