Parent reviews for Arthur

Arthur Poster Image

Greatest Children's Show on Television

I am extremely selective with the shows that my my children are allowed to watch. Arthur is one show that I don't mind them binging. Every episode is wholesome and entertaining. The creators of Arthur continue to create episodes that reflect real situations that real children are facing- a loved one being diagnosed with cancer, losing one's home to a natural disaster, having a classmate with autism or a nut allergy... I could go on and on. Arthur also does a great job of modeling positive social-emotional skills. After 25 years, this show is still wonderfully relevant. I am so thankful that it is still on the air.

1 person found this helpful.
The show Arthur gives a realistic view of siblings and what kids deal with in their everyday lives through the animated animal characters that are presented and is age appropriate for all ages of kids because you have the little baby, the little sister and you have Arthur and his friends. I recommend this show.

Very very epic

Very epic but a bit intense

Arthur is amazing!

Arthur is a very good show and my kid loved it when she was young and even now when she is older.It is so informative about real word problems ,and things that are happening all around us.They also tackle diversity with bi-racial couples,gay weddings,divorced parents ,and death.The show is very good and I would recommend it to anyone.

Arthur is the cutest from the 90's

This show is amazing! it has a lot of positive messeges abot friendship,loalty,and kindness. all the animails are unqie. but all of them have scary imagenations (you see them) and it might frighten young childern. otherwise,Amazing!!!

Too Many Arthurs

Not the 80s comedy Arthur or King Arthur. Arthur that began in the 1990s, and became cult. Lots of education like April 9th, but also a lot of bullying too. Good for teens and up too for making Youtube memes.

Not Too Bad

Arthur is a fine TV show that will teach children all about how others have similar everyday experiences to their own. It's not at all like the books, though, which was disappointing to my children.

this is the best show ever.

Used to watch it as a kid and I'm an adult now and still watch it from time to time. Haven't seen the Mr. Ratburn gay marriage episode but I feel like that would be a positive thing? In terms of normalising that concept for kids. Arthur stands the test of time because its witty and progressive.

Buster vs The Brain

I love love love the Arthur series. My daughter is now 16 & my son 9. Both have watched it since before birth as I used to watch it in college. It’s a fabulous show with everything. Which is both my favorite & worst issue with the show. My biggest problem involves sweet darling kind Buster always being portrayed as the dumb one and that obnoxious know it all Allan always the smart one. And I hate it when adults...like Mr. Ratburn adding to it. Episode 546...Buster is at the blackboard trying to solve a Math problem when he gets completely jumbled up and blurts out a random number. Mr. Ratburn is exasperated and says “Brain?”. And of course he provides the correct answer. Soooo many issues here. Where do I unpack. Yes by end of episode Binky steps in to teach him that sometimes we just need to follow a different path to arrive at the same place. Always hearing Buster portrayed as the dirty & not smart kid hurts. Always portraying The Brain as the smart & know it all also comes across loud & clear. I’ve seen every episode & this theme is repeated too much for me. The worst part is all the kids join in in acknowledging that these two are playing their parts. It doesn’t help that Allan is other. We need to make sure our kids know not to marginalize or box people in. Please please please fix this. Buster is really our favorite character. Last but not least. Thank you for the episode with Mr. Ratburn getting married. Freda & Lincoln Swensen

Arthur is great for kids social learning.

I grew up with Arthur and it is a favorite of mine. I love the moral of the range of topics and stories Arthur covers and it is fun and entertaining for kids.