Kid reviews for Arthur

A thoughtful cartoon for kids to grow up on.

Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

LOVE IT!

I am eleven and this is my favorite show. It has a lot of mature episodes. It once had a reference to South Park which was really funny. XD

Teen, 14 years old Written bySnoopylove87 August 12, 2014

Arthur- Covering Relatable Topics since 1996

I remember this show from my childhood and I LOVED it! The kids really think like kids and the lessons learned and the topics they cover really seem to hit home. (The older the episode, the better.) There was this one episode I found today that really stood out to me: George and the Missing Puzzle Piece or Carl Meets George. Carl is a white/cream colored bunny who has Asperger's, much like I do. The way he acts is pretty much how I do, even though he's younger and still learning to cope and the one thing I'm interested in is art/animation. The quote Brain says is very relatable and it basically uses a metaphor to make younger viewers understand, comparing the outside world as an alien planet. I recommend this episode to you if you know someone with Autism or if you have it yourself. They also cover topics such as Alzheimer's, bullying, annoying siblings, having a baby brother/sister, jealousy, friendship, etc. Each character has their own flaws and differences and they all learn to accept each other for who they are. People of every gender should watch this show! :3

Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2016

Its my guilty pleasure.

I still watch this to this day. There is no bad language, sex, or anything. It teaches good life lessons, and during the elections they play the election episode. 100000000000000000000000 stars/10 stars

Teen, 13 years old Written byFabmax November 26, 2010

Arthur Rules!

This show is excellent. It teaches kids good values. Even though sometimes kids can be bossy, they redeem themselves before the show's over. Plus,it's funny. I love it!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

The best PBS Kids show!

Unlike most shows on PBS Kids (Sesame Street, Barney, Teletubbies, Comfy Couch) Arthur can be enjoyed by people older than ten, since it has actual plot. No wonder it has lasted over twelve years!
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2008
Arthur just goes to show that a cartoon doesn't have to have crude humor to be funny, or to be worthwhile. There are no 'bad' characters, as each bully seems to have a softer side. I watched it constantly when I was younger, and sometimes I watch it now. It gives a true insight of what it's like to be a kid, usually.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySouthParkPikachu August 21, 2012

Great show, but pause for kids 7 and under

I'm 13 and I still watch Arthur every weekday morning at 8:00 am! I laughed when they made a reference to South Park (I didn't get it when I was younger) and other shows. But I would pause for 7 and under due to name calling and 2 episodes: 1 episode has Arthur punching DW because she broke Arthur's model airplane, but Arthur says sorry at the end of the episode. This episode was actually rated TV-Y7 because of that. 2. The bleep episode is rarely aired, but the title says it all. DW learns a cuss word (But it's bleeped) and says it at her mother near the end of the episode. But she didn't know what she was saying so....

Teen, 13 years old Written byjoedude April 9, 2008

really good show

i think it is a really good show. i have grown up with it. it shows that familys have rules like chores. you have to earn your money. unless you are muffy getting everything you want. tell your kids that you are not rich like muffys family. and you cant always get what you want. and how to deal with life problems like owning a pet.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2015

The best show on this forsaken crap channel.

Ok, I guess. I heard one episode was rated Y7 all because of one single punch. Blah, censors should know punches are ok. I watch shows with that stuff all the time. Yours, Goatworlds. P.S. The worst show on the channel is Barney.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 August 8, 2015

One of the best children's shows that I don't mind watching now

I used to love this show when I was little. It has so many positive messages. I would watch this any day over nickelodeon or disney channel. I have seen the newer episodes they are not as good as the ones as the ones I grew up with. Anyone with a little brother or sister will relate to Arthur and D.W.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 17, 2014

Can't Go Wrong With Arthur

This was one of my favorites back in my primary school years and I still sometimes view episodes on YouTube because it's just that good. It's one of the few preschool shows nowadays that has more in the package other than the message, and this show also has a wide variety of messages to display on the screen, not just the typical episodes about 'sharing' and being eco friendly which I'm pretty sure everyone has watched the message at least 10 times. The characters are what makes the show; you can relate to their problems and for most of them you'll root for. The only problems that the parents will find with this are that the dream/imagination sequences can get slightly disturbing, there is a couple of characters that I wouldn't consider a role model (a bully gang, a stereotyped rich girl.) and parents might not like the squabbling between DW and Arthur, and some of the other characters. This show is definitely worth the view for anyone, I just think that the older spectrum of the younger kids would get a better kick out of this (hence the 8+ rating) On: 8+ Iffy: 0-7

Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 17, 2014

Great show until Season 16 popped up.

I absolutely loved loved LOVED Arthur growing as kid. I still do, but I really really can't stand any from episode made in flash animation. PBS, Arthur was such an outstanding show, and you want to ruin it with so called "flash animation"? If I wanted to watch a show made in flash, I would watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, NOT ARTHUR!!! I watch Arthur to say "hi" to my childhood, not to look at flash animation. It was so educational before, the flash animated episodes are ANYTHING but educational. Go back to the old animation PBS Kids, it's 100x better than the new flash animation!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 1, 2013

Popular book based cartoon A-OK for kids!

Arthur is one of the best choices out their for kids 3-8. The episodes are entertaining and short enough to keep kids attention. It's about an aardvark named Arthur who lives in Elwood city with his friends and family. Occasionally, DW can annoy Arthur, causing him to lose his temper and say bad things to her and Arthur punched DW in one episode for breaking his plane, so kids shouldn't follow Arthur or DW in that situation. Anyways, Arthur is a really great show and kids can grow up on it. I do kind of think the animation got ruined with flash, but still a good show, I recommend this to all.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 July 6, 2016

Awesome Show

I love this show it's awesome.

Teen, 14 years old Written byleahcar July 24, 2013

No other cartoon touches morals quite like it.

Arthur is a long-running and popular animated series, all about the lives of Arthur and his friends and family in Elwood City. Arthur Read is a kind eight-year-old aardvark boy, living with his parents and two younger sisters. Although he is the main character of the show, he isn't always the one in the spotlight. His friends and family also learn morals, mainly about social skills and respecting others, without being preachy or 'over the top' about every lesson. In fact, the show's way of covering different issues and morals is sweet, charming, sometimes funny, and always unforgettable. The fact that there is no perfect character relates it to the true world: everyone has their flaws and their strong points. Even 'nasty' characters like Arthur's irreverent sister DW, the big bully Binky, snobby Muffy and blunt Francine have golden hearts they let glow. This is a great show that has managed to keep on going without jumping the shark. In fact, it is starting to cover more prominent subjects, such as autism and cancer. You're never too old for Arthur. Kids of all ages should give this cartoon a go.

Teen, 15 years old Written byStaceytheNerd September 28, 2014

This show make me want to be 8 years old

Oh, Arthur, you are the EPITOME of children's television programmes. I watched this show regularly from age 3 until... wait, I STILL watch it NOW! The messages are great, the storylines fantastic. Unlike a lot of shows Arthur does not treat your children like they are thick or stupid or uncapable of understanding anything. All episodes have decent plot lines and explore contemporary issues (though season 1 is just as relevant as season 16 to kids today, really). I hope this show never really ends - long live our eternal 8 year old!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 19, 2012

I loved this show when I was younger! I still do!

This is a show for kids to grow up on! Unique animation,good edacational value,ect.It is just like Blue's Clues!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 30, 2012

Perfect for EVERYONE!

Arthur was an epic show! It teaches little kids a lot,the voice acting is great,and the theme song is super catchy! It's a show I grew up on!
Teen, 16 years old Written byGingerReviews September 27, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever August 26, 2010

Great Series!

This series rocks! its actually good I can't believe its been on for 13 years! thats so cool! It has nothing wrong with it one so ever and it has a positive message and good role models 5 out of 5!