Parent reviews for Babar and the Adventures of Badou

Babar and the Adventures of Badou Poster Image

Babar and the Adventures of Badou

Parents need to know that Babar and the Adventures of Badou is a reboot of the 80's TV show based on the books by Jean de Brunhoff. The series focuses on Babar's 8 year old grandson, Badou.

Such a Disappointment!

When this was announced to air on Tiny Pop, I was excited since I loved the 80s cartoon. However, this reboot turned out to be disappointing, very much so. It can easily be compared to the Franklin reboot (Franklin and Friends) in terms of how far removed from the original it is. If you look at some the books and compare it to this reboot, you'll notice that they don't really look similar. Instead, this reboot's animation looks poor and very low budget. This is not the Babar I loved when I was young. This reboot focuses more on Babar's grandson, Badou.

A little prince with a big heart, good friends and a great Grandpappy :)

Not a bad show altogether - has a wonderful educational message, and a very easy lead in to forming friendships, even when it's tough (such as Badou and Tersh, Ambassador Crocodylus' nephew). Contains a very slight scariness in some episodes, such as chase scenes involving Badou / his friends and a couple of characters (Sleek the Panther, and Prospero the bush pirate), but there is no actual physical violence, and most of the scariness is really mild - some younger children might be a wee bit put off but to be honest, most I know find this quite exciting. You know your child better than anyone else though, so I'd say it's up to you to judge how your little one will react.

i grew up watching this show and continue to love it and my daughters love it to they LOVE elephants so this show is just that much better to them!!