All teen and kid member reviews for Barney & Friends

Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Stop LISTENING TO THOSE LIARS! Barney is EDUCATIONAL!

Guys, STOP LISTENING TO THOSE Liars that say "Barney take drugs!" or "Barney SMOKE!", Barney is Educational! He teach kids " ABC, 123, AND MORE!"- ajroxs111
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 5, 2013

What the heck is this?

Wow, I really hate this crapfest. The songs are annoying and horrible. This show is just as crappy as Marvin Marvin. If I had 100 dollars for everytime I rolled my eyes when I watched this crap, i'd be more rich than Abraham Lincoln. Please avoid this.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

A very nice show for the little ones!

Ahh, memories! This takes me back so long ago. I am sure babies and toddlers will love this show! And even though I do not watch it anymore (obviously) I still think it is a great show that parents should watch with their little ones.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysillysasha123 August 25, 2015

From the eyes of pre-schoolers...

Well... being 15, I am tempted to write that this show is horrifying and scary and the kids singing the alphabet and nursery rhymes are like 10... but keep in mind that this show is for pre-schoolers. So let me just dig into my memory vault and see what I can remember from 11 years ago... :) Well there are definitely some positive sides to it. The show finds catchy ways to teach typical pre-school ciriculum in a catchy, active way (it encourages the kids to dance and sing along). Then, while they may be older than they are supposed to be, this program does include live kids, just like the viewers. Kids in that age group always want to be like the "kids on TV", and these kids behave themselves well I suppose, so they are good role models. (I remember always wishing I could go to "Barney world" to play with those kids, as long as I didn't have to meet Barney XD ) Which bring me to the only legit low point I can think of on the show. To be honest, I find Barney's design sort of disturbing (And this is something I always noticed). The way his teeth are all one white line, and how he is always smiling creepily. In fact, it wasn't until several years after I outgrew the show that I figured what Barney is supposed to be [a T-rex]. Preschoolers often times still don't know how to distinguish reality and make believe, especially with the real kids on the show, so if they find the Barney design as scary as I did, it could lead to multiple problems. (This goes for the other dinosaurs too). All in all, yes it is educational, and relatable, but due to the odd character design in the "real world" I would say it isn't the best choice for more sensitive pre-schoolers
Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios September 11, 2010

Now this is a cute show

Keep Barney, Thomas, and Caillou Remove The good night show
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2015

WHY DO THEY EVEN SHOW RERUNS?

I know I am WAY too old for this show so some may say it's not my place to review it unless I am a parent of small kids. HOWEVER.......this show needs a review because this show is awful and stupid and the guy in the Barney costume DID get arrested and so did the creator and the creator's son. Also, in one episode they were scratching Barney's butt WHAT THE HECK THAT IS SO GROSS! No one let their kids watch this show!
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2015

Awful

In one episode a girl stuck out her middle finger!
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2014

This is so nice... it's, SCARY!

OOF! I just fell in the pit of doom! It's really just...uh, boring,but... no, wait it's just boring. It's really good for teaching pre-schoolers, but when you turn 8, it's devil.
Kid, 7 years old March 18, 2015

Most of you parents think this is a kids' show....

Nope! In one episode Barney teaches children how to hump. They also use tons of bad words -- worse than South Park (search "Inappropriate Messages in Barney" on YouTube). Not for kids 14 & under!
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Worst. Show. EVER!!!

Barney is stupid and creepy! When I used to watch this show, it gave me nightmares. And guess what folks the rumors are true. The guy playing Barney got fired because he said a cuss word on live TV! So before showing your kids just watch it. You will cry.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMLGPro420 November 25, 2015

Fat dino

The dinosaur teaches kid to become fat, lazy peasants. Everyday, off-camera. Barney feeds kids a fat spell where the kids become 300 times bigger than they were before. No wonder how we have so many fat people in this world, Barney was the one who brainwashed those people to eat, eat, and eat. The skinny people like us got taught by our parents to not do this, or never watched Barney.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiJulia977 April 22, 2009

I lost my mind watching this garbage.

This show is terribe. ALL U PARENTS MAKING UR KIDS WATH THIS, STOP..THEY WILL RETALATE AND HURT U. :) he is a big purple and green dinasour full of crap. This is the worst show in teh world, its just a middle aged man sorrounded by children.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBarneyRocks March 21, 2016

GREAT SHOW!

This show is awesome! Barney is exactly the type of murderer dinosaur you'd want to tune into! He swears, smokes, drinks, CHECK! GREAT SHOW! He even cuts kids heads with his special knife. It's filled with blood, and it's graphic. 125000000000000000/5!!!! :D
Kid, 8 years old January 1, 2016

Dumb!!! Not a kid show!!!!!!! Rather deal with family guy than have my kids watch this bleep!

this show has a bunch of adult stuff and especially a lot of violence!!! glad i didnt watch this as a baby and i just started watching it with my sister. mom was shocked it had a lotta bad words. characters cuss like street loving sailor sluts, ranging from h*ll to a** to b**** to s*** to even G**!!!!! i can't believe parents would let their kids watch this crud!! it's so annoying, what the heck!! very unsuitable, too! in one episode they even teach kids to hump and jerk off in public. worse than the cussing and the s..x? THIS SHOW PROMOTES JUNK FOOD TOO. only adults 18+ should watch this nasty, sweary, perverted, junky show! this show is how my sister keeps getting in trouble at school!!! also in not just one but TWO episodes barney gets shot (look it up on youtube!!). HOW DOES THIS SHOW GET A 'Y' RATING WHILE FAMILY GUY GETS A '14' WITH MUCH LESS BAD WORDS AND BLOOD?? EXACTLY. pbs kids is a nick jr ripoff full of crud
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Bad

It's not the all time worst show ever however it is pretty annoying and stupid, Barney is a stupid Dinosaur that talks stupid and Theme song is annoying and bad dont let your kids watch Barney and Friends If you Watch your Children to watch something Educational then let them watch Bob The Builder or Sesame Street
Teen, 14 years old Written byErin_aimeee April 1, 2014

This show is AMAZING!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this show. Ever since I was little I watched Barney & Friends and it has stayed good. I am 14 and still love this show. Barney is a great role model and is STILL my role model TO THIS DAY!!! Kids, watch Barney & Friends. Finally, Barney has great strategies for teaching kids to improve and develop counting skills. Barney, in my opinion, is MUCH better than Sesame Street.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 15, 2013

Sesame Street is clever, but this? NO WAY!

I used to watch Barney on VHS when I was younger, but I HATE it now. At least Sesame Street held up to me. Let's start with the songs. I'm sorry, but Sesame Street wins this battle. Sesame Street's songs are way more catchy than Barney's songs. The songs on Barney are really annoying. Also, Barney teaches kids to break into school. When the kids go play with Barney, they have to BREAK INTO SCHOOL IN ORDER TO PLAY WITH HIM! Kids have been known to imatate what they see off the screen! Way to turn kids into thugs, Barney! Please parents, AVOID THIS HORRIBLE GARBAGE!
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012