Parent reviews for Beastars

Beastars Poster Image

Great Opportunity for Starting Conversations with your Teen

Wow this animated drama has a LOT to digest. Set in an upper school these anthropomorphic characters face numerous moral dilemmas encompassing internal as well as community & societal conflicts. They do a nice job illustrating how characters’ decisions can be influenced by biological fight/flight reactions, peer pressure, shame, discrimination/racism, sexism, popularity, attraction, power, greed, jealousy, generosity, kindness, and empathy. Right alongside this its made clear how their actions and decisions are mitigated through self-control…or lack thereof. The conflicts are multi-factorial and complex providing many opportunities for parental/moral guidance in reference to what the characters are experiencing. There are some that may not be apparent to a young viewer and taking them in at face-value may send the wrong message. Highly recommend watching this one WITH your teenager and paying attention. The pay off is the opportunity to offer guidance on subjects that you may not otherwise get a chance to weigh in on.

Too weird with indications of sex

Not an Animae really. More for older teens or young adults. It’s bizarre when a bunny /human says to a wolf/human I know what you want, takes her clothes off and says It’s ok, you can be rough, I can handle it. Too strange for me and especially younger kids with an innocent immature mind . Just plain creepy to me as though young innocent girls can give up rough sex to a hardened wolf man.

unique, heartfelt, mature topics/scenes

The first anime season was light on sexual content but the second season includes a stripper's explicit movements to entice the crowd with spread legs and drooling (literally) crowd. No more genitalia are shown that you would see at the beach, it is the way the woman moves that is problematic for youngsters. The bloodiness also increases with a scene of accidental dismemberment and another of one student devouring another. Being eaten wasn't explicit but it's obvious. This short arc has an interesting message. The first season showed a young girl being forced to show her body in preparation to being eaten (she is saved by our hero). The arc that follows is a good example of relationship development That said, it's nothing a mature teen can't handle. All the violence, blood, etc. is a reasonable part of the storyline. It isn't random acts of gore; the scenes stop short of true gore. Pieces of butchered meat in street stalls, small puddles of blood, and bones are shown. No rending, no entrails, etc. As our hero develops his understanding of how carnivores and herbivores can coexist peacefully, he learns about himself as part of society.

Ages 16 and up

This is good, but I think it's 16+. Due to sexual scenes, and slight swearing. There are good role models.

GREAT MOVIE!!

To be honest i saw this about 8+ times, i feel like its like zootopia just not for little children 10 and under. I have read the manga and its so much at ease and better then the show. If a kid where to watch the show i think parents must be there to help with some parts. Through out the season/12 episodes there is only 3 parts parts that are bad the rest just seems like any other story. I let my 11 and 15 year old siblings see the the show and they loved it. Cant wait for season 2.

Great show since

Great animated creative ok show more another tigers beside Bill and future seasons

i watched this online its really enjoyable i ship haru and legoshi cant wait for season 2
mesmo se tratando de um conteúdo com animais , o sexo é muito abordado , e a violencia é um pouco forte . tem sangue , descrições de violencia . prostituição , é um conteúdo adequado para maiores de 18 anos

Really good, but mature eyes only

First off, I thought the show was very good. It follows the same general plot lines as Zootopia does, but with cursing, violence, and sex. What makes me give it a 17+ rating is the Haru character. She is extremely promiscuous. In the first episode she tries to give the main character oral sex, and later on in the series there is an episode where she is being raped. I don't know about you, but I would much rather my daughter's learn about these subjects in another way, and when I feel they are old enough.

Simply art

I think netflix overreacted whit the rating... "Nudity and smoking" You never see nudes or anything it's always shadowed the "nude parts" And only one character smoked! Tbh it had good messenger and good role models (while it's not haru! Lol) One last things the pictures that appear to be bad ended up being solved