Parent reviews for Being Erica

Soapy time travel series is a fun guilty pleasure.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bySinovuyo96 May 12, 2020

Reality

The therapy helps Erica understand herself, people and the world she lives in.

Her life was a mess, lucky her, she was able to make someone and life worth living. She saw the people around her incapable of doing wrong but after the therapy she saw them as human beings with flesh and blood. She finally understands that life is not black and white. It fun, sad, emotional and great series. I loved it

Parent Written byMonicaMom October 4, 2015

Excellent quality tv show for older teens and adults

First of all, I would not compare this show to a "soap opera" at all. It is a quality tv show which does have a lot of drama but is very deep, with the characters exploring their feelings and morals extensively.

I have watched all four seasons of this TV show. The main character, Erica, is an excellent role model. My daughter is 14 years old and I would love for her to watch it with me; however, I feel that she is a bit too young. This show would be appropriate for teens about 15 or 16 years of age and up, depending on their maturity. Because the main characters are in their 30s, teens may or not be interested in the show which seems to be aimed more at adults in their 20s to 40s.

There is a fair bit of sex in this show (talk about sex, showing naked bodies from the back, showing people having sex in bed covered partially by blankets, one-night-stands, infidelity, etc.). There is also quite a lot of drug use (mostly marijuana but also mushrooms and heroin). The characters use drugs mainly without consequences. There is a fair bit of drinking as well.