All parent member reviews for Being Human (U.S.)

Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written byolympictree March 1, 2013

Smart, fast, and funny thriller series!

LOVE this show. It's smart, it's fast, it's funny, it even has a bit of US history thrown in (after all, Aiden was "turned" during the Revolutionary War). I LOVE watching it with my 14 and 16 year old sons. Having said all that, the Common Sense review was right on, Aiden's lust for blood is treated as a heroin addiction, giving our family lots of opportunities to discuss choices teens face (saying no to drugs, violence, sex) and reinforce our family values of education, giving back, etc. Would I let my kids watch this with out me, no, but do I enjoy watching it with them? You bet! Over the seasons, as the actors get to know and develop their characters, the acting becomes much better! It IS a soap opera, and every week ends in a cliff hanger, it's not a neat little drama that tells one story each week, so be prepared to be hooked!
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byLucie54 December 30, 2015

pretty good

I like this show very much it does get a little iffy at times but it is all about how mature your child is
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydiaryofamommy March 26, 2011

Too many advertisements; too much gore for my 11-year-old, too.

For the past few weeks or so, ads of Being Human have been dominating my kid's favorite shows. Of course he wanted to see this a little --- but I caught the premiere. Yawned throughout until gore started kicking in and I woke up shocked and with a pen writing down Being Human as a "no" for my 11-year-old. Ads continue to dominate and I typically mute when they come on.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written bygabajoran January 18, 2011

Maybe for older teens.

My 13 year old wanted to watch this show after seeing the build up for it on SyFy. To be honest, the violence really didn't bother me too much but the sexual language and implied behaviors made me say, "No" to her watching the show for a few years. The characters try to do what's "right" but sometimes things go wrong. The way they want to live together and help each other out is a good thing. I also found the characters quite likable. However, my 13 year old doesn't need to hear about some of the characters sexual exploits or lack thereof.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byjianan4115 January 14, 2011
This looks good. Let the child have space to think buy maplestory mesos