A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

Bitten

Bitten Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 8 parent reviews

Sort by:

Television Network Need To Change The Rating On This.

I Was Watching It With My Kids And All These Graphic Sex Scenes Came On. Had Me Go Back And See The Rating For Audiences tv14 smh. No too much sex appeal going on.

14 yr olds

This show might have partial nudity, but otherwise is it a dramatic and binge-worthy show. If you have a problem with sex scenes, you shouldn't watch it but I have been watching rated R movies for a while now so I had no problem with it. (the only nude body parts shown were the butt and partial breasts). If you feel uncomfortable with violence, inappropriate content or just werewolves in general, you shouldn't watch this show. But otherwise, it is a really great and dramatic tv series that I absolutely love to watch.

DVD and non-US broadcasts full of sex scenes

I won't give a detailed review here. I just wanted to note that there are two versions of this series. The version that airs on Syfy in the US is edited to remove or reduce a lot of the sex scenes. The version on DVD/Blu-ray is the version that airs in Canada and elsewhere that is quite sexually explicit. In Canada, surprisingly, the DVDs don't carry a rating; they should be 18A.

Violence

Intense violence enough to make you cringe and full on intense sex scenes. Not at all for humans under 18. If I had a choice I'd rate it not suitable for humans under 25 because of the realistic torture/violence. Apart from that the story was interesting till 2nd season, the 3rd one is a waste of time, no story. There are no role models in it. No great messages For an adult mind set, this would make younger person disturbed by the situations used.

Bitten Continues to Intrigue Me!

This is an awesome show! It has a well storyline and plot. The actors play their part very-well and they keep you entertained! I would say in THIS day AND AGE a 10-year old could watch this no problem. They aren't going to see anything that is going to shock them. ( AND if you think your 15 year-old shouldn't watch it, there IS something wrong in your household) My friends' daughter watches this and she is only 12. I hope this show gets renewed again for a 3rd season!

Kelley Armstrong Bitten comes alive!

Very well written, it's a show for young adults and up. Rather than focusing on violence for the sake of violence, it's a family drama, there is no gratuitous violence or gore - most fight scenes are choreographed as martial arts and there is rarely a weapon involved. The story is also about honor and "doing the right thing" and violence is stated clearly as a defense mechanism. Much more of a love story than anything else, with psychologically laden characters and sensual connotation. It is much healthier and interesting than most sci-fi shows out there and definitely much less violent or condoning of violence. There is no consumerism whatsoever, phones are used as means of communication only.

Bitten review

I'm a bit disappointed by the review that this site did of this show. First of all, the review states that it's rated tv-14. The couple of episodes I watched were rated tv-ma. An age of 15 is way too young for this show. The sex scenes are explicit, and frequent. Partial breasts and butts are clearly visible. This feels like another attempt on Syfy's part to create a show with a dull plotline, and add a bunch of gratuitous sex and violence to create ratings. This ploy isn't working, however, seeing as how the show is doing poorly in the ratings.