Kid reviews for Bo Burnham: Inside

Bo Burnham: Inside Poster Image

a great movie but make sure your good with swear words

I think this movie is very serious and creative. I know that I could have watched it when I was eleven or so. I really think that the only reason its not for kids is because of all of the swear words. There are A LOT of swearing but if your used to Bo's stuff its nothing new. It also talks about suicide but in this, hes trying to confince you to not commit suicide. But overall this was a great movie I support Bo's work fully. I completely recommend watching this.

1 person found this helpful.

wow

If you’re a parent reading this,, PLEASE let your child watch Inside. As a teen who has been struggling with mental health for as long as I can remember, this special really hit home. I waited a little bit after it came out to make sure I was in a good enough place mentally to watch it, due to what I had heard about it being very relatable on a mental level, and this was a great decision. Not only is Inside absolutely hysterical, it taught me so many things about myself that I would never have thought of before. If you choose to watch it with your child, be aware that it’s kind of all over the place, but in the grand scheme of things, the point is there. Burnham showed an immense amount of vulnerability and emotion throughout Inside and made me feel extremely heard and understood. Anyway, please let your child watch it. Bo is a musical and comedic genius.

1 person found this helpful.
This is good for 12 and up as long as they don’t repeat the swears. It also has a great message about staying safe online in one of the songs.

Fantastic special with great morals and music!

Bo Burnham's INSIDE is a fantastic film for any child aged 13 or over. The special does feature quite heavy topics like depression and suicide. But these messages are introduced in a way that's comfortable for audiences to interact with. Young teens could even resonate with some of these messages. Which is where I think the clever writing of this special truly shines, the music is catchy and addicting. With clever messages and morals, the visuals are incredibly impressive. And are full of variety and experimentation. The song transitions are incredibly funny and provide a nice break in between the action. The only song parents should look out for is 'sexting.' But even then, the song doesn't feature any explicit imagery. And only relies on innuendo and ridiculous lines to carry the comedy. Give this film a watch! It's really good.

masterpiece.

... just watch it. it does have language throughout and a song about sexting which is brief, as well as mentions of suicide. if you're an adult or mature kid, watch it and show it to your kids or friends.

A masterpiece great for 13-25

This is an absolute masterpiece. This shows his downward spiral through the pandemic with an abstract point of view. There are messages of sex but only for like 3 minutes. It talks about suicide but not in an encouraging way.

Very Amazing Special

I think that Bo Burnham is amazing at singing and everything. To parents reading this anywhere, I would say that this is mostly for teens because it isn't too inappropriate for 13 and older but it has mild language and talks about suicide and other various topics, such as, sexting and also government corruption a little but shouldn't be too bad. It also has amazing songs, and more, he does this all by himself. He also makes references to people on Instagram and other various social media apps. I recommend this to 14+

Good

wish I watched when it was released, but I still liked it. A lot of kids will be able to relate to this film so It could be theraputic in a way for a kid to watch this so I would recommend it. You can see a bulge pretty clearly though.

Very Good

Healing the world with comedy.

Watched this with my dad, he liked it and didnt think anything wass bad for a kid, this movie talks about heavy topics such as suicide and mental health, however its probably good to let your kid hear these messages, not only that but this movie is fantastic, great songs and funny humor, i would totally recommend, just note that this is NOT a feel-good movie, the opposite infact