Parent reviews for Bob the Builder

Teamwork paramount on friendly construction show.

Parent of a 4-year-old Written bySimonKit May 9, 2014

Teaches kids to work as a team

Great show that has a positive message in each episode. The theme in the show promote community and respect for others.

Overall it is a great show for young children. It also encourages kids to get outside and become little bob the builders themselves.

Parent of a 7 and 9-year-old Written byMrs. C. B. August 8, 2017

good fun

I could say yes to this show when I couldn't to others.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

very encouraging show for young children. A+ in my book and it's one that i can actually watch too =)
Parent Written byCaitlin B. June 24, 2019

Just as great as I remember

I love this show growing up. I was excited to see it still on tv. My child loves it as much as I do! It is great to share this show with them. They learn great stuff like working together and never giving up. Thi s show is great for family time!

Adult Written byTacomaster Studios March 13, 2019

Can we fix it?

Yes we can! Bob and his motley crew of living construction vehicles tack on all sorts of projects in this classic British series. In addition, they learn a multitude of lessons, face their fears, and work as a team. Of course, not every episode is good, but kids will probably still enjoy it at this age. The series rank scale is 1. Bob the Builder OS, 2. Good Project Build It, 3. 2015 CGI Series, 4. Bad Project Build It, 5. Ready Steady Build(the first CGI series)

Adult Written byshadomega7569. November 2, 2018

Should we replace them? Yes we should

This show can be entertaining to children however the incompetent actions done by bobs crew (anyone other than wendy) during the job just quirks me especially Leo i find myself facepalming so hard everytime he's on screen cause of how much he messes up and yeah i see that Leo is supposed to be the "new guy" character so the moments he forgets a step cause someone pulled him away from the job i can understand but when he's messing around like when bob was showing him how to use the nailgun he spent the entire explanation hopping around like a 2 year old cause of the sound it made when driving a nail into the wood of which he couldnt tell the difference of the nail gun driving a nail to just releasing hydrolic pressure or even notice no nail was placed.

This isnt only limited to Leo as the rest of his "crew" messes up just as much as Leo.
Adult Written byKSRB3114 July 18, 2015

Good show

Ive always watched Bob, and thankfully they made new episodes! I hate Spud's new voice, but my daughter loves this show and it has positive messages

Adult Written byWRESTLINGFOREVER103 April 30, 2015

Amazing for Children

Bob The Builder will be my eighth Review after a awesome video game called WWE All Stars, Bob and the Can Do Crew teach children how to work as a team, the acting is amazing, the characters are awesome, Bob and Muck are my favourite characters, I love the Clay Animation and I enjoy this show as a child, I will give Bob The Builder 100/100, Can We Fix It, Yes We Can.

Adult Written byLuvJMB September 30, 2014

My toddler LOVES this show!

Bob builds things with the help of his machines.
there is Scoop Muck Roley Dizzy Wendy Pilchard Scruffty Bird and Lofty I love the ones when Spud causes trouble and messes everything up. Bob then has to go and fix everything. When my 5 year old was 3 all he wanted to watch was Bob The Builder. His backpack even had to have Bob on it!

Parent of a 2-year-old Written bygerbowski August 11, 2012

A little complex for younger viewers

My 2 year old seems to like these videos just fine, but not quite as much as some other stuff. He may be a little young for the complex problem solving in Bob the Builder. He does like to watch the trucks though.

Educational Value
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byhaloudi April 10, 2010
My son who is 3 is not a lot into Bob the builder. But I don't like it because i don't find it logical machines trying to save birds and trees all the time. It is all about environment, I am not saying we shouldn't care, but having machines talking about it sounds weird. I feel there is a political correctness about this program.
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byhgreenuk January 16, 2010

er, well, I think so...

My only concern is the sterotypes ... poor Mr. Sabatini has the worst Italian accent I've ever heard.
Just have to point out - Wendy is not Bob's wife (although i think she has a secret crush on him). Also, if you hadn't noticed, it's British and dubbed with American accents.

Parent of an infant and 4-year-old Written byrevolords July 26, 2009

Bob teaches teamwork!

Bob is one of the best kid shows on TV. The "working together to get the job done" message is REALLY hammered in but it is worth it. Our son even says things like, "We need to do teamwork, like Bob!"

Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Can we watch it? Yes we can!

Bob the Builder is the only option out there for construction obsessed kids. The characters are a mismash of construction equipment, people and even a scarecrow. The lessons are good and generally focus on making mistakes and getting help. Becuase 2.5+ can relate to the making lots of mistakes message, this show is endearing. Overall, a simple show for preschoolers.
Adult Written byFoxy April 9, 2008
Adult Written byp April 9, 2008

I hated this!

I don't like this show. I am not saying it is bad, but I don't like it.
Adult Written bygtafanatic April 9, 2008