Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Bob's Burgers

Satirical, sometimes naughty humor on animated comedy.

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bypboyal January 17, 2011

Perfect for family members of any ages.

This show is hilarious and a great family sitcom.

Adult Written byKjellzer May 23, 2012

We like this

Think you guys are coming off a bit humorless here. We find it very funny, and confirming of kids' darker feelings and fears of being different. The Belchers are loving and honest with each other and the kids learn to live as themselves without being threatened by social forces of conformity. Certainly more affirming than South Park or Family Guy. The Belcher family is more self aware, less sexist, and more healthy than the Simpsons.

Parent of a 9 year old Written bytiger's dad September 16, 2013

Excellent animated comedy

Bob's Burgers is an excellent show for adults -- it is really well written and voiced, it's quite clever, and it pushes the boundaries of good taste. For the kids, you'll want to preview it to see if it's right for your family as it definitely delves into subject-matter that is off the beaten path, but on the whole they will surely enjoy the puerile humor and the innuendo will likely fly right over their heads.
Parent of an infant, 13, 15, and 16 year old Written bykristie99 January 4, 2014

Great show (12 & up)

Now there are many parents saying this show is nasty just because of the very first episode. The oldest child, Tina, did scratch her crotch for most of the first episode. But if you would watch at least the second episode it a pretty funny show with great character development through out the first season. This isn't really appropriate for children under the age of twelve or eleven. It does contain sexual references, swearing and the occasional drink or two though. Common words you hear are, "A**", "B***h", "Hell" and "F***". I really think this show is okay for middle school students, as most of them already joke about this type of thing and probably occasionally swear. You just don't know. The main character Bob is a great role model. He listens to his family and he's persistent of his dreams and doesn't give up. The show is meant for young adults or teenagers and was created for that audience. Just because you don't like the humor, it doesn't mean its a bad show. By the way wonderful animation and color coordination in the show. Overall I think it's a very enjoyable show. Just be careful when your kids watch it.

Adult Written byMychemicalstinkpants January 23, 2011

so so show has the difference bettween gross and funny

words like @** are used c**p is all so used. and sex is the mane issue there is the tounge kiss

Parent Written byBoymommy April 4, 2015

great show!

this show is very good but there is one episode that might be very sad. you see, bob shaves his mustache and gives it to jimmy pesto, BOB'S ARCH ENEMY!!! this scene may be unsettling for younger kids. I mean I cried, man! I cried

Adult Written byMatteo And Tita July 26, 2015

Great But Not For Kids Under 7

bobs burgers is a great show. But some episodes has some sex jokes that may not be for kids under 7. Hilarious show for 8 and up
Adult Written byqwerty999 June 24, 2013

It's okay

I feel like this show isn't too inappropriate for preteens. Older kids can handle more the parents realize.
Adult Written byMovieboy321 April 1, 2015

ha this TV show never gets old

Bobs burgers is a fantastic show with turns and twists but has extremely mature humor with lady stuff and potty humor but puts it in a teen/adult orientated way. Also this show includes some coarse language but this show has role models of being a family and commitment unlike some of the cruel humor thrown in try watching it with your family

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bySista411 November 9, 2015

Love this show with my family

We watch this and consistently howl with laughter. My 11yo gets it. 9 yo doesn't gat it all, but laughs just as much. They are a great family that love and care for each other. Tina is so full of strength and self assurance. All the Belchers bumble along with humor and heart...at the same time, there are ridiculous fart jokes, everyone is teased mercilessly,and it's HILARIOUS. Don't miss the Belchers. (I can watch Bad Tina, and Beefsquatch episodes endlessly.

Parent of a 13, 15, and 16 year old Written byNervousParentOf3Boys April 4, 2015

My Son's Favorite Show Next To InuYasha.

I watch it with my 3 Boys sometimes. They like it. Really Funny!

Adult Written byprettyboy March 15, 2014
This show is amazing. The characters are charming yet relatable. The humor and dialogue is natural, with the characters interacting and reacting without trying to one-up each other. The family is loving and caring without being saccharine and funny without being mean and hurtful. I honestly don't understand why this only has two stars because it deserves five! Although parents and guardians should take note: there are some sexual references and occasional crass language (mild curse words; such as the a-word,d-word or h-word) used by some characters. Nothing a middle schooler wouldn't hear in school, but probably not appropriate for younger children.

Adult Written byZakyu February 2, 2016

Not for children

Bob's Burgers is a great show, with good messages, though a child wouldn't be able to fully understand the gravity of the situations these characters are placed in. This show has drug content, which seems to be omitted from the description on this site. It isn't often, but it does happen, and the mother drinks wine quite often. Everything else is accurate. It has adult themes, language, and situations. In one scene, the kids are attempting to incinerate their father while he is stuck inside a casket. A child could never understand the situation, and would take only negative things from that. If you somehow think your child is intelligent enough and mature enough to handle topics of murder and such, then go ahead and let your precious child watch this show. I love Bob's Burgers, but it is NOT for children.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bysocialann January 9, 2011

cancel it before it airs again

Just a terrible show all around. Even without moral issues, its just a bad show.
Adult Written byEzza10 January 17, 2015

Breath Of Fresh-air

This adult cartoon animation hit the screen and has made absolute waves in its genre. It dabbles in the more mature themes with a very light heart. It doesn't swear, in fact the strongest word ever used in the show is "bastard", which has been placed tastefully in the 3 or 4 episodes that they have ever said it; and its not even considered a cuss word anyway.. It differs from Family Guy and the likes where it doesn't tackle sensitive issues head on. Other programmes are point blank rude, whereas Bobs Burgers is very whimsical in its spirit. I give it the thumbs up and despite the odd mild profanities and adult themes, I say its no worse than watching Shrek. Love this TV series and I hope its here to stay!

Adult Written byParentstaySafe May 10, 2014

Its Rated TV-14

Bobs Burger is rated TV-14 (parents strongly cautioned) Which means the show is for ages 14 and up and parents may want to attend this show with their children under 14. But its recommended that the kid be 14 (yes even with disabilities) watch the show unaccompanied but this show is funny :D but may not be appropriate for kids under 14. It is not for kids 7 and under id say.

Parent of a 13, 17, and 18+ year old Written byChanda E. November 8, 2017

Parent of a 8 year old Written bytamar14 March 15, 2011

Tweens maybe, but 14+ should be fine

As far as content, I wouldn't let my daughter watch it until she was at least 13 or so; as far as quality, it's flat and just getting worse. Don't bother.

Adult Written byH T. October 30, 2017

One of the best shows on TV

Bob's Burgers is one of the best shows on TV and it's one of the few shows that is genuinely funny and lovable both for kids and adults. The way the family is portrayed is realistic. They aren't perfect, but why would they be? That wouldn't be relatable at all.

Adult Written byTina B. October 6, 2016

Probably the best shoow I have ever seen. I have watched all types of shows, including the office, and none of them measure up to the greatness of bob's burgers. If you want to have real entertainment and laugh uncontrollably, watch bob's burgers. -God approves this message

WATCH IT! IT IS SO AMAZING! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!