Parent reviews for Bodyguard

Bodyguard Poster Image

High quality show; trigger warning

I just finished watching this series, and I highly recommend it. The script and values of the "good guys" were rewarded in the end. Richard Madden and all the actors do splendidly. The show is frank with political issues such as terrorism, corrupt government, and individual choices without making generalizations. I assumed it would take an agenda more biased towards the left with a lot of these issues, but was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in-depth enough to be truthful with both sides of the argument. I would caution a trigger warning, as a character attempts to take their life on screen and it is a central plot point. It features gritty violence as well as multiple sex scenes (they're able to be fast-forwarded without losing any important plot details). I did not notice any sensitive body parts shown. I believe there was swearing as well. Characters drink alcohol, but usually in moderation. Highly recommend this series for an interesting, intense, and intimate look into British politics and the life of an average guy. It might take some emotional effort to get through but the ending is very rewarding.

Great series but sex scenes make it for older age group

I know my 14 year old would love this series, but I don't feel that the sex scenes are appropriate for that age group. Otherwise, really gripping and action filled series with excellent acting.

Intense and entertaining

skip the sexy scenes and it's a great political suspense show

There's a good bit of violence, but it's to be expected in a show of this caliber. I work in an ER, so I never mind the gore but my roommates were grossed out by one bloody scene. I WAS surprised by how the sex scenes seemed to drag on, but they're easy to fast-forward on Netflix as you can choose which frame to end on. This show is gritty, interesting, and a lot better than most of the drivel on today. It attempts to show 'real' people, grappling with very real problems that are going on in today's world. Dave, the broken ex soldier trying to rebuild his life and family is a good person in a bad world. I'd definitely say older teens would enjoy it but I don't recommend for anyone younger than 14.

Tense, Thrilling

There is actually nudity in this--we see a guy's bum after he gets out of bed (whom he was sharing with someone who was not his wife). It's well-written and acted, and exciting, even if it wraps up a bit too quickly. The sex scenes themselves don't have nudity, but there is some thrusting and moaning. A woman entices a man by putting her hand down her underwear to touch herself.