Parent of a 13 year old Written byhead shot July 12, 2010
a bit on the gory side in some eppisodes
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 11, 2010

Mature Audiences Only

Bones is a great, fast-paced show for older teens and adults. There is some great stuff here, from strong, intelligent, female characters (including women of color), interracial couples/a diverse cast, and catching bad guys. There are also some not so great aspects. In every show, dead bodies are discovered in various stages of decomposition -they can be very scary and gross. The storylines and murders can also be tough to handle. There are, sad, adult, confusing, and suspenseful plotlines that aren't okay for kids younger than 15 or 16.
Parent Written bylogicfile2 November 27, 2010

Know the maturity of your child

I love the show and before showing it to son I talked about the potential for gore. He has had the sex talk and are clear on morality. We both enjoy the science.
Parent Written byspacermom April 9, 2008
I am a big fan of Bones, not only because it shows the harder side to working with the F.B.I but also because it has real human emotion.The gore, might I add, rocks because it fits the show, for crying out loud! She is an forensic/physical anthropologist and obviously theres gotta be bodies. Also the alcohol and the sexual inuendo is realistic because they are real people and most of the time sex isn't taken lightly and they know when to stop.
Adult Written bydr dew January 12, 2012

good start for a thursday night

i have been watching ths show for two or three years now and love how it just seems to get better and better with age and this and the finder are the perfect thursday night combo so i say watch both of these great shows you will not be sorry if you do
Parent of a 2, 4, 6, 8, 8, and 9 year old Written byTabithaWren July 30, 2011

Great show.

My children have watched this since they were nine. I've explained that people die, and you can't help it. It has also taught them to be careful around 'shady' people. It teaches them that people can be cruel and they have to watch out for people like that their whole lives. They have never had nightmares or shown violence because of this show. I watch it, and they watch it with me.
Adult Written bybookwolf June 5, 2011

Good? No. Great? No. Awesomly fantabulously awesome? OH, YEAH!!!!

Bones is the perfect show for mature 10-year-olds and up who like cop dramas and gore. Really, it depends on the episode for levels of gore, sex talk, etc. Some episodes are quite greusome, while others are easier on the stomach. But I can tell you this though-- Bones is highly addictive. I know someone who's a Bones fanatic (like me :) ), and everyone who's walked in on her while she's watching Bones has had their eyes glued to the screen ever since. My computer wallpaper is a quote from Bones.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 22, 2014
Parent Written bytreat02 February 26, 2012

good show,

i like this series, it does have sexual references. They also (when they are trying to figure out who the murderer is) talk about the bodies "parts" which may be disturbing to some younger veiwers. If your child is mature, has a strong stomach (this does show some body parts not always the privates) and may have an interest in being a doctor, they can probably watch it ok.
Adult Written bylmorning April 9, 2008

Angel is Back!

This is a program with drama, suspense and is a refreshing change.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycharliemocha5971 September 7, 2010
BONES is AWESOME. it's funny. and it's heartwarming. the "is it any good" paragraph is totally wrong. Angela only flashed an airport dude ONCE. and it wasn't even for information on the case. plus, she never did anything like that again. that was the pilot and she's a totally different person. i think CSI may even be more gory. to the people who think Bones is bad: Have you ever seen The Sopranos? Nip/Tuck? Dexter? Those are much worse. At least Bones delivers some good messages and role models. Booth is a Roman Catholic, and likes to constantly bring that up to keep Brennan in check.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjordynannee February 21, 2015
I think its ok for 11 or 12 year old kids.There is sex in some episodes and there is violence,and swearing.It could be okay for younger viewers if they can handle looking at the bodies of the victims on the show. :)
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byPhil91 November 20, 2014

Amazing Show!!!

I personally really enjoy this show, especially the earlier seasons. Not really much violence, although the show is about a forensic anthropologist who gets called in to help the FBI when the dead bodies are too decomposed to identify who they are or how they died, so obviously there is a bit of gore. But on the whole I think its a very good show, with great role models and lots of interesting information Recently showed some of the first season to my 11 and 13 year old cousins. The 13 year old absolutely loves it but the 11 year old found it to be a bit gory and said it was creeping her out. I think it really depends on the child as I think some may never enjoy due to the gory bodies but I wouldn't easily show to children younger than 11.
Educator Written byLiz Anne July 13, 2011

Bones - role model for young women

Brennan is based on the author, herself, a highly accomplished woman with titles and awards for her work as a forensic anthropologist that anyone would appreciate.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bylikewise February 19, 2010

perfect

i think the tens should learn about the world the the people interractions as a parent i am giving it a 13+
Parent of a 11 year old Written bybreawycker December 25, 2009
It is my favorite show.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byJessicaBurton1980 January 5, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

Pretty Graphic Sometimes

This show gets really graphic. One episode included a decomposing corpse hung from a tree by a noose. The corpse's head detached from the body and the body fell to the ground in a heap. "Bones" (the lead actress) catches the head in her gloved hands. NOT for younger audiences.
Adult Written byndsmom April 9, 2008