All teen and kid member reviews for Bones

Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed November 18, 2009

Five Star Show

This is one of the best shows on television. Brilliant casting and really good characters. The corpses are very bloody and can unnerve even me, a fifteen year old with a stomach of wrought iron. The role models aren't quite great either, as the majority of them are agnostics, and one of them is a sex addict. Booth is really the only good role model in the entire show.
Teen, 14 years old Written by♪♫music♪♫ January 13, 2011

Amazing! But for young kids take in to consideration your childs level of comprehension and ability to handle gory images

I have been watching this show since it first premiered in 2005 so I was 8. I know some parents would never let their kids watch a show like this but I never had a problem with scary images. I am also able to follow the story very well and of course I love the relationship drama. I think parents should let their kids watch if they're interested in forensic anthropology and if they are smart enough to comprehend the plot. There are discussions of relationships which can get inappropriate but don't consume the entire episode. I say don't knock it 'till ya try it!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2011

AWESOME MURDER SHOW

I LOVE BONES!!!!!! This show is awesome. I started watching it when i was 9, and loved it!! There is some violence, but that is only because it is a show based around murder. But you do learn some things. I also think there is good role models, because they are all smart scientists, so overall, GREAT SHOW!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymelgwen July 7, 2010

I love this show

This show has positive messages and no more swearing than seems usual for prime-time TV. The violence itself does not seem excessive, though the dead bodies shown may be disturbing. However, for these one may simply glance away for a moment, as there is nothing offensive.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

great show and great role models

i love this tv show it has very good role models like temperance brennan she is a strong hard working and friendly woman who shows that women can be as good as men as solving crimes and many characters are smart and very wise so children learn to be a crime investigator you need to be smart and be very good at not getting distracted easily.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMusicislove62 January 20, 2011

Some Sex and Violence, but Great Messages

Don't get me wrong, Bones is only for teens who are mature and have a strong moral compass. There is some sex, and even some weird sex portrayed, which my parents worry about, but it is portrayed as weird. I am not referring to the episode with the transgender victim, but the one with the cougar cruise, and the one with the 'pony play'. However, almost all the gruesome scenes are obviously fake, and therefore, not much of a problem. I think that there is more benefits than problems, though.Dr. Brennan has Asbergers, and the viewer watches her as she learns what comes naturally to most of us, and these lessons re-enforce positive morals in teens. Additionally, Booth is a wonderful role model. Booth constantly puts his loved ones before himself, and teaches Brennan and others by his wonderful example.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhonestreviews August 7, 2016

It Depends

It really depends on the skin. Growing up, I watched shows like Law and Order and Bones with my forensic-junkie mother while I fell asleep. As far as I know, I'm not violent or weird or crazy. But it really depends. Some kids might find the bodies gross, but I've grown numb to the sometimes-grotesque scenes. But as I said, it depends. It is a definitely amazing show with near perfect casting and dialogue.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamilliams March 24, 2016
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2016

Love it

Me and my mom both love this series. It is so cool. I watch it like all of the time. It's about murder and is AWESOME! I think you should really watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byniki_vh July 4, 2015

Bones

I think it's good for 14-year-olds because it is disgusting due to the skeletons but intriguing. There are a few pop-ups which can be scary but other than that it's the best.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysnowdayk June 28, 2015

Bones

Bones is a TV show about forensic anthropology. There is some inappropriate humor. I would not suggest for someone who is squeamish to blood, bones, or decomposing bodies.
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2014

Bones is a good murder show

Bones is a good but violent show for kids. I would give it a green light to watch for anyone 13 years or older.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlah2014 June 11, 2014

Really good

Ok some scenes can be scary but if you're kid isn't easily scared they will be fine. The scariest thing I've seen is either a head with no body that still has flesh or a body with no bones. The sex is usually playfully baa term although sometimes you hear moaning and people under sheets. They also refer to body parts ( not job related). Some episodes are more appropriate than others so if you're not too sure tell them which episodes they can watch You can get scared.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBGM1597 January 5, 2014

Best show ever!

This Is my favorite show ever! I can watch it and rewatch it over and over again! Bones and Agent Booth are excellent role models and although sex is discussed in pretty much every episode, its nothing anyone 11+ couldn't handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBones0627 October 4, 2013

Love it but.......

I love this show but I would recommend this to be watched with an adult just in case if the adult may not like what they see or hear. It is better off knowing what you think rather than what others think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWackyjakie June 4, 2013

Fantastic for most people!

It is a great show for people interested in crime science. It has great role models who are focued on their job, but does contain some sex and some gore (what do you expect, it's about crime)! It shouldn't be watched by kids under 10 because of their lack of understanding for the subject and inability to follow fast-paced shows and/or love scenes (though there is no nudity). Overall, a great show for anyone in middle school, high school, or the adult life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPluffy February 28, 2013

I love this show.

This show is amazing, despite the flaws the characters are really good at heart, the humor and characters are good, well their is sex and gore, but if you reach a mature age it should not brother you much, and I love the debates that Booth and Booth has, their is no malice or hatred. I think no children under the age of 12 should watch it, unless their mature for their age, or can handel stuff like this, also you may not watch your children or teens all of the episodes, as some episodes (such as the pony play episode, which had role play sex and a really gross body.)
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

LOVE IT

I love the show but i can watch all most any thing and not have night mares
Teen, 13 years old Written bySarah10142 January 30, 2013

For teens and adults

I really like Bones. There are positive role models because the characters and very smart, successful, and determined. They do well at their jobs. There is some discussion of sex but it is all light. There is violence and gore, but not too much. It is called "Bones" after all!
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

Bones Review

This show, does have lots of dead bodies, and deals with subjects such as murder and sex. But I enjoy it, and I'm 12! In the end it does show kids consequences of murder and breaking the law.