All parent member reviews for Boy Meets World

Adult Written bybeckys April 9, 2008

What planet are they from again

This show is to much drama.I gave it 1 star only because of eric when he was younger that is. They made him really dume as they went on instead of being cool like he started out to be. Has nothing to do with real life not even real life is that much drama. Borring. Get on my nerves.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bybonifay2001 March 23, 2009

WISH THEY WOULD MAKE NEW ONES!

I think they could make some new shows with the old cast and call it something else, since they wouldn't be boys in school anymore!! The show was so good, I think this would be the only show that could get away with continuing. Pick up where they left off. I am in love with the show and watch it on DVD A LOT!! p.s. you can get ALL seven seasons online. I LOVE BEN AND I LOVE THE WHOLE CAST!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byyll April 9, 2008

A few life lessons

The show started out as a slapstick comedy about a young boy and members of his elementary school classroom. Those characters evolved. Cory continued to be best friends with one character, married the hippy chick, and had his next door neighbor/teacher follow his through college. If you can put up with that you get a show with quite a few life lessons about friendship, sex, illness, family relations, and careers. It's safe for older children, but some of the themes may not be OK for those under 12.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byZztopzzbottom December 10, 2014

This is my teenage years!

I think this show is appropriate for kids 10 and up because this is stuff they will talk about in school (love,friends and grades) it is very good for any tween ready to learn!
Parent Written byMrCrocodile May 3, 2013

It's Good But Not Perfect

I loved Boy Meets World. I did grow up with it. It's one of the few shows out there that teaches us something. By being the one show everybody remembers the most for being a guide to life show, this is the show that stands out. A lot of sitcoms in the 90's were always trying to teach us something once in awhile but I think this show stands out as having been teaching kids something every episode. I'd like to call it a rare gem because it IS a special show. I know atleast one show that's out today in Canada and it is like this but from a girl's point of view and it came out a year ago and considering it's the first sitcom in a long time that teaches kids anything, I find that show to be a rare gem. Topanga is definitely a great character, as well as Feeney. And I personally even thought Jack was. Jack is probably my favorite character. My ideal big brother consists of Jack. And I loved his sibling bond with Shawn. I liked Shawn and when I was in high school, I was a little bit like how he was in the last few seasons of the show. I used to write poetry like him, but I was also a bit of a downer like he was. But he is lucky he had friends like Cory and Topanga because I did not have people that would deal with that. And Eric, I think Eric and Shawn may be the funniest on the show for me. They are definitely fun to watch. Cory's parents I love more now that I'm an adult. Before I didn't have much thoughts on them except that I found they were good and smart parents. Now I love them! If it weren't for them, Shawn and Eric, I would not be laughing. And Cory was silly, and okay to me. But his relationship with Topanga was great! But although I will be shunned for this, the show wasn't THAT perfect. The show taught us everything, but the show did not teach us to respect what other people like. Clearly it didn't. What also surprises me is that even after a show like Boy Meets World, the world is still getting worse: bullying, drugs, suicide rates, etc. Another flaw with this show is that sometimes there are things done in this show that, if this show was out today, it'd be talked about on IMDB. Like Eric planning on poisoning his sister Morgan and not caring if she lives through it. People laugh about it but if this was out today people would get angry and write about that on forums. But stuff like this is just overlooked now. Yet people will complain if another character not in Boy Meets World were to do this. Cory and Topanga's relationship is also overlooked. I know I said it was great but it's not just not perfect because they've fought and broken up a few times. There are things with the couple, the actions they took that's either unrealistic in today's world or something not good that's overlooked because people love the show that much. But it's people's opinions whether or not they'll acknowledge these flaws, no one is anything negative if they decide to overlook the flaws I'm about to mention. When Cory goes to Disney World to chase Topanga down and get her back, he follows her everywhere! In today's world if you do that, that's not considered love, it's obsession. You're not let off easy from following a girl around especially if you're holding a sign like Cory that says you'll chase the girl forever. Another thing that should be mentioned is Topanga running away from her parents to be with Cory. She gives up so much for him and if it was done with anyone else today, chances are their relationship would only last a short time and they'd be officially done, like when Cory and Topanga break up again after he cheats on her. In real life, when someone gives up so much for someone they love and that person ends up cheating on someone, their relationships never get fixed. Boy Meets World teaches everyone something but did it teach anyone that if you run away from your parents to be with someone you love when you're 16 or 17, you'll live happily ever after? If you didn't follow this show thinking it's okay to do this then you can clearly believe that fans of any other show have common sense not to do any bad thing any character can do. And does Cory ever give up anything in return? Only in the last episode. But the one thing that's really overlooked about the show is Cory's obsession with sex. Once he's engaged to Topanga, he starts to show how anxious he is for the honeymoon. If any other relationship consisted of a guy who was desperate to have sex with someone the wedding would've been off! But she's so okay with it, even after he explains to her in one episode why she's okay with his obsession. So okay with it that in one episode she allows him to see her butt. I'm so surprised no one was ever bothered by Cory for this. And it's not like Topanga was obsessed with sex like Cory was. Topanga actually loved Cory, but Cory, as proven twice when he goes to Disney World AND when he's getting married, shows just how obsessed he was with Topanga and lucky for them, because that sort of thing would not be accepted by girls. There are girls that hate nice guys like Cory because they use the whole being nice thing to their advantage. But overall, Boy Meets World is still a good show. It's just not as perfect as everyone thought. It was a good story, the characters were good and we might even relate to them, but the flaws that would be complained about in any other show is ignored here. But I'll still give Boy Meets World five out of five stars. If you need a show to turn to help you through life, this is the show for you. It covers almost everything about life from the point of view of a boy who really doesn't know any better but kind of grows throughout the show. But definitely does by the end of it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycxvv August 16, 2012

Every Kid Should Meet This World. (Parents' it's Consumerism-Free):

I completely agree Eric didn't need to be turned into a moron towards the end big mistake! When you become middle school age there are five shows you must watch, girls and boys: 1. Boy Meets World 2. Sister, Sister 3. The Wonder Years 4. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 5. Degrassi from (1979-2009) including the Degrassi movies. It's great to stay with your generation but it's also important stick with the old classics. Like Who's The Boss? Saved by the Bell and Full House. This show had a few glitches like, making Eric dumb in the last few seasons and making Cory a big geek. However, its a must watch in opinion. Its the closest to perfect show. Compare these writers' to the ones on Glee. This show was the bomb, you can catch it on ABC Family if your looking for it (re-runs). Overall I say its a very good dramedy and fantastic character development. Check it out.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... January 16, 2011

i have to say the 2nd season i truly enjoyed as we see Cory and Shawn a little older in highschool and Eric with a girl uh the Paring Off eposide is a good example about sex thats the one when Cory accidently walks in the room seeing Eric and Rebeca making out although its not a bad part well the younger ones shouldn't see it unless 13 or older possibly 11 i just love that eposide Eric is funny he gives advice to Cory about a girl so the show is great i always love Eric Will Fredile cause he was a great charcter my favorite one on the show so yeah kids have a right to watch the show go out at Walmart and buy the TV 2 packs the dvd set of seasons one and two both seasons are wonderful i know if i had kids i would defintly let them watch this show and thats the truth!
Adult Written byflorida mom April 9, 2008

Great show for kids 9 and up

My kids really enjoyed this show. I don't recall any episode that was not acceptable to me as a pretty conservative parent. The kids make some good and some not so good decisions, are pretty kind to each other, interact well with adults and the adults are overall pretty good role models. The only thing that bugged me was the high school teacher who had the kids staying over at his apartment. There was nothing untoward going on, but this would probably not be acceptable behavior.
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008