All parent member reviews for Breadwinners

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright February 17, 2014

LEARNING

Stupid but mostly harmless

I rated this as "Just fine" because it's mostly harmless. It's a pretty stupid show though. FYI, I don't really consider butts blatant potty humor. Sanjay and Craig is different. It actually does stuff like butt TRANSPLANTS, barfing, flatulence, pooping, and peeing. OK, this show did have a "do you poop" joke, but that's not too bad. The pilot shown at YouTube is probably the cleanest episode of this show. I might change my mind if the show has worse potty humor in future episodes. UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 26: I changed my mind. I'm changing my rating from 3/5 to 1/5 and from on for ages 7+ to iffy for ages 8+. Here's why. The episode Frog Day Afternoon had their pet frog eating a beehive and flatulating out the bees. Then, after that, the frog started CHASING the bees like it was actually going to eat them AGAIN. Plus it aired with another terrible episode called Stank Breath. The episode was about Buhdeuce eating "stank bread" which SwaySway said was eaten and regurgitated by monsters and it causes lots of problems. They eventually consult The Bread Maker and find a cure, but then Buhdeuce eats another rotten piece of bread that makes him have bad gas. At first I didn't know why the main review for this show made it sound like the show had more crudity than I saw, but then I realized they must have seen more episodes than what first aired on February 17. Also, according to the Breadwinners wikia, the next episode is going to be called Employee of the Month. So now they're ripping off SpongeBob, just like Sanjay and Craig. Then it will also air with Brocratination which will be about SwaySway and Buhdeuce having to take care of dirty dishes. Which sounds like a rip-off of the Procrastination episode of SpongeBob where he had to write an essay. And Dog Day Afternoon was already spoofed in The Fairly OddParents, so again, this show lacks originality. Although that's not much of a surprise considering how limited the premise is. To SodaDog, I saw your reviews of Sanjay and Craig and Oliver & Company, could you post reviews at tv.com too? See my updated review of Oliver & Company at tv.com. Also to MrMovieBuff, I saw your review of The Thundermans was taken down, could you try to write a new one? I think it was taken off because of how instead of The Haunted Hathways, he wrote Homosexual Crapaways. I'd recommend you don't write that in the update.
Educator Written byHolyJellyfish April 17, 2014

So much hate, but its a very good show

I don't understand why a lot of parents and critics can't stand this show. I've watched through the current episodes, and I can totally understand why kids LOVE the heck out of it. Yes, the show features a lot of butts and juvenile humor, but when you are a 5 year old, most of your jokes involve butts. Spongebob squarepants and Ren & Stimpy are run away success stories that children adored and all involved gross humor. Maybe parents should stop judging the show based on what it does for them, and look at what it does for the kids - it entertains them. They don't have to learn a big educational lesson with everything catered to them. These are kids who are growing up in a digital age, and thank god there's a show out there that promotes imagination (Of course it would make sense to a 5 year old that ducks run around in rocket vans delivering bread to other ducks.) It's a good show with a lot of heart and incredibly hilarious, catchy songs. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it with your children. I doubt they much enjoy watching the news with you.
Adult Written byAustin The Miru November 8, 2014

Shades of Grey is the Color I See...

Breadwinners may be one of the most morally bankrupt kids's shows ever written. Our protagonists go around feeding ducks bread (which kills ducks), while the antagonist is just doing her job (yet is mentally unstable nonetheless). It seems they try to make the cast shades of grey, but it all turns to black in the end.
Adult Written byGod Of Television April 16, 2014

An excellent piece of animation (but only for mature audiences)

This show is an absolute master piece and I think we are all aware of that. It has unique plots and the characters always teach us important lessons, however, I have a predicament. You see, this show is very mature, and the subject matter may not be subtable for all ages. What do I mean? Well, in one episode, one of the characters begins to eradicate bees from their anus. Now would this bee (pardon my pun) deemed to sexual or too violent? On one hand, we have a character using his anus as a weapon to expel bees upon innocent individuals, but on the other, he is getting a sensation in his anus that possibly could be arousing to him, making it sexual. And he continues to expel bees from his anus due to the amazing sexual sensation he is getting from it, so does that mean he is addicted to expelling bees from his anus? And if so, doesn't that make the bees a drug? And therefore, wouldn't this show also fall under the category of too much drinking/drugs? It's up to you to interpret this any way you please, but just keep in mind, mature subject matters such as this are prevent throughout the series, so unless your children are mature enough to handle it, do not show it to them.
Adult Written byMoxieblau@Live.com January 18, 2015

A childish but adult content show

Dear families, this site knows that you rely on kids reviews and us parents reviews, I would just like to point out that the potty humor and the immature content is why I rated this for young children, the older children 9 and up can understand some inapropriate messages which cause them to make poor decisions, because life isn't about potty humor, it's just a function of the body, that older children should take more maturely than the younger ones.but I rated this not safe for kids because a mature child or an adult would understand some dirty messages in this program,it foes not set a good example for our children, that's why I think nick should use thief broadcasting time maturely and wisely, at home I don't let my 7 year old boy or 4 year old girl watch nick ececially breadwinners, because its setting a bad example for their developing minds, and they will grow up thinking that it's ok to do some of these things.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byI'mtotallyaadult November 2, 2014

This show

I love this show and feel it is under rated by most people.
Parent Written byBROWN April 12, 2014

NO,NO, NO!!

Highly inappropriate for children. After the 1st few episodes I started noticing my 2 youngest boys repeating obscene language i.e butt love!! Then my 4yr old was chasing his 2yr old brother through the house smacking his butt saying butt love. I had to explain to him that his actions were horrible basically and he should never repeat things he sees and hears on TV. I will NEVER let my children watch this show again. Nick should be ashamed of the garbage they're putting on TV now. Seems they just make cartoons just to be making them with little regard to the content.. NEVER AGAIN WILL MY CHILDREN WATCH THIS TRASH AGAIN!!
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 15, 2015

Parent Written byJarod Roberts July 16, 2015

EVIL SHOW WILL KILL YOUR CHILD FROM THE INSIDE OUT!!!

EVIL SHOW! I watched one episode of it and I was disgusted! The whole show is all about 2 twerking ducks delivering bread to other ducks! If you want your kids to show off their butt cheeks when they go into public, let them watch this show!
Parent Written byJarod Roberts July 16, 2015

EVIL SHOW WILL KILL YOUR CHILD FROM THE INSIDE OUT!!!

Adult Written bylegendarynarwhal March 25, 2015

Nick's gone to heck in a rocketvan

This is a terrible show. It seems to suggest that kids are moronic enough nowadays to think all these butt jokes and old memes are the funniest thing in the world. Just look at the main characters. Their names are SWAYSWAY AND BUHDEUCE (seriously). They've got butts to rival the likes of Kim Kardashian. Their ginormous butts are the CONSTANT source of horrible jokes. Butt rockets. Butt weapons. Butt swaying. Not to mention racial stereotyping- the "bad" part of town in Thug Loaf obviously suggests a ghetto. Maybe I'm mistaken with one of Nickelodeon's other crappy shows, but there are definitely some internet memes in this. Uni-Corn Bread seems to take a stab at bronies. SwaySway's description involves getting bread ALL UP IN YOUR BEAK! And this is taken from Nick's description of Buhdeuce- "He might be small, but never underestimate the power of his BOOTY KICK!" I don't recommend this sorry excuse for humor to anyone.
Adult Written byDangthattoon February 21, 2015

This should be a funny show, not a farty show.

This show, Breadwinners, is highly inappropriate. This show is all toilet humor. There is at least five scenes where they show a one or more butts and more toilet humor. This is a function of the body that people should take seriously. I don't recommend this show. There is NO good messages at all. Stay away from this show.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycleyac February 10, 2015

The breadwinners are good

It's good that the brand new episodes came out its quite a brilliant show even the old ones were good my favorite characters are sway sway buhuduce and the rocket van and my favorite episodes is space ducks raging mole yesterday rocket trouble diner ducks TNT midi switchero and poltogoose people who don't want to watch it do not know what their missing Its a good show the only thing discussing is the farts but that's the only babyish thing in it the cartoon I can tell its for 11 year olds like me
Adult Written byA14YearOldReviews December 30, 2014

A 14 year olds review

Okay, let me just start by saying that Nick really has no good shows atm. Take "The Modifiers" as a example of Nick being dumb thinking that their audience can't handle something with some amount of story. Instead Nick thinks that their audience only knows themselves and no such thing as the outside world. Heck, Dora the explorer even has better writing. They may think that 3 year olds can't handle violent situations, but at least they try to show how to handle those situations without fighting. Also many kids won't care about this, but their animation is worse than what some people make online. I think that kids shouldn't even bother with this because it just isn't appropriate. As well as Nick only tries to make a quick buck by trying to make kids ask their parents for merchandise from the shows which the parents probably don't find appropriate. Look at Nick now, they look in the back corners of YouTube instead of trying to be original and come up with something that hasn't been done before. From a 14 year old, you would think they don't know any sense of writing or character. But... I do. I really do. And I think that kids shouldn't watch this, it just isn't appropriate.
Parent Written byJoeK 1 November 19, 2014

Funny

I watch this even when my kids aren't with me. Anyone giving a bad review hasn't watched more than one episode, if one.