Parent reviews for Bubble Guppies

Cheerful aqua tots teach kids good social lessons.

Parent of a 2 and 10 year old Written byTaraleis February 8, 2011
Bubble Guppies is not your average preschool geared TV show. The characters speak clearly and do not use baby speech, the music is catchy and upbeat, the lessons are practical, and best of all, a parent can actually stand to sit and watch it with their kid(s) without counting the seconds until it's over. :-)

Adult Written byElleann2 November 4, 2014

My 2 year old loves it- except for the chase scenes!

I'm surprised that none of the other reviewers have mentioned all of the chase scenes. In a lot of the episodes the bubble guppies are chased by an animal (or choo choo). The resolution is always positive (the tiger was just wondering if it had any mail, the Machu Picchu choo choo just wanted to help, the polar bear decided to share the beach, etc) but my toddler is still scared when the bubble guppies run away. She still asks to watch the show, adores the characters and the songs, and seems to be becoming less scared... but I think other parents should be aware that sensitive kids might be frightened.
Parent Written bywatchdog_mama May 14, 2016

Fun, safe, well-made show

My family is really enjoying this show. I have a very social, imaginative 3.5-year-old daughter and an energetic kindergarten-age son, and they love watching this show together. My kids aren't fans of peril in TV shows, and "Bubble Guppies" is 100% free of this. (In the words of my daughter, "There's no danger or bad guys!") The show is really just right for my 3.5-year-old, and she probably would have watched it happily when she was even younger, if she'd had the opportunity. The songs are unbelievably catchy and my kids sing them while they play. The show also spurs my daughter's imagination -- she often dives into pretend play after an episode of "Bubble Guppies." For me, there's a select tier of shows so wonderful and educational that I want to make time for my kids to see them. One tiny step below that is "Bubble Guppies," a show that entertains more than it teaches valuable lessons, but it entertains so sweetly and well that it adds big fun to my kids' lives. I highly recommend this show to parents of siblings about the same age as my kids, to parents of kids who want shows 100% free of peril, and to any little kid looking to spend a happy half hour singing, dancing, and imagining.
Adult Written bybee b. March 26, 2017

Diversity

Beautiful art colored sea creatures. (Mermaids; however are normally females. I would LOVE to SEE black American females with black American males together. Unlike ONE lone black American male for the sake of a neutralized an unequal ratio.
Adult Written byGuppies Rule! August 30, 2011

Excellent and educational program!

My daughter is 21 months old and absolutely loves Bubble Guppies! She has learned many things from this excellent children's program. She knows when it is on everyday and is glued to it. I think it is fun and enjoy it as well, just a great program for little ones.

Parent of a 4 year old Written by3 girly girls March 31, 2011
My 4 year old daughter and her friends LOVE this show. I think the songs are great, wish they had a cd. The girls scream when it comes on. Very Cute!!!

Parent of a 3 year old Written bykid news February 8, 2011
my 3 year niece loves the show!!! And I never miss it!

Parent of a 2 year old Written bytrailor May 15, 2011
I Love IT!!!!!! My 6 month old Loves It!! She sits through the episode along with my 3 yr old which likes it. But as for my Baby she loves it and thats the only show that will get her attention. I'm amazed on how she recoginzes the songs and characters..By the way she was 4 months when she became a fan. thanks Nick

Adult Written bypiperpower March 25, 2011

Perfect show!!!

My 18 month old loves the shows. She will walk around singing bubble bubble. We can't wait for more shows. She has learned alot from watching Bubble Guppies.

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byroyce2009 January 23, 2013

love it

my 2 yea old nephew loves this show he get up and dances with it

Adult Written byAshley F. January 12, 2017

Very good except for ONE thing

As you're all most likely familiar with, there's always one conflict. They are usually chased by someone or something, which always ends up fine. HOWEVER, they always trust suspicious characters after they "promise" to not do anything. Ex. Dentist guppies saying the alligator can hang out if it "promises" to not eat them. As you know children are impressionable. This show doesn't touch on stranger danger at all, just teaches that it's okay to trust someone instantly if they say nice things. So just be wary of that.
Adult Written bystuffing13 April 3, 2012

AWESOME!

If you are not watching Bubble Guppies, you are missing out! It is fun, catchy, and totally entertaining - a show that I don't mind watching with my kids. I have 3 year old and a 20 month old and they both LOVE IT! The watch and rewatch EVERY day!

Positive messages
Parent of a 5, 9, 15, and 17 year old Written by3boysnagirlmom February 23, 2011
My 5 year old found this the other day and seems to love it!

Parent of an infant year old Written byHolly R. December 12, 2017

Adorable and educational

I noticed that some parent reviewers were concerned about the stranger danger trust thing in alot of episodes to which I will say that the "strangers" in this show are all animals or fictionalized sea creatures and therefore since they don't exist in real life simply explain the show is fake and emphasize that cartoons don't appear in real life. Most little bitty kids will get it fairly quickly. And also this is one of the few educational shows that doesn't seem educational because it's fun and subtle about the way it teaches. I find myself singing the songs to my 4 month old and humming the songs while I clean up house. I really love this show and it's about time they put out a show that is fun and educational and not just about selling toys. Nothing wrong with a show being made to sell stuff as long as the show is actually good like back in the 80's and 90's. Today's toy driven toons such as Paw Patrol and PJ Masks are not as good as older toy selling toons. This show is a breath of fresh air.

Adult Written byScioto September 17, 2015

My 3yr old loves it.

This is one of the better shows my 3yr old watches. I think all the little guppies are cute and the songs aren't too annoying. She loves bubble puppy. Her 3rd bday party was bubble guppies themed and all the kids loved it.
Parent of a 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 year old Written bydaddyoffive84 May 15, 2011

perfect for younger kids

my son is 1 yr old and he loves the songs he watches it everyday he is really intrested in this show.he will watch grump fish over and over again and he just loves it.

Parent Written byEpix M. February 11, 2017

This is great!

My 9-year-old loves this show! He is obsessed with it all the time! He says he learned math from the Bubble Guppies.

Parent of a 1 year old Written bymommymonkey December 16, 2014

My 18 month old LOVES it!

My 18 month old daughter absolutely loves this show. Teaches a lot of early learning subjects including science ,social studies, history etc plus friendship,caring and working together to learn/solve problems but set to pop type of music. My daughter loves to dance around when the guppies start singing!

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bySalviati September 14, 2013

Best Show on Television for Preschoolers

Bubble Guppies is a smart show with good catchy tunes. It makes a solid attempt at hitting educational topics, sometimes it succeeds, other times it doesn't. But it is the best show for preschoolers certainly in this generation of television.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byMadison's Mommy July 18, 2013

Very positive awesome show!

My daughter, 2, loves this show and so do I. It's the one show that I will let her watch and that doesn't annoy me in the process. Great messages and it gets my little angel up and dancing like crazy every time a song comes on.