All parent member reviews for Call the Midwife

Parent Written bycindy.1980 October 21, 2012

Healthy and educational

Depending on the maturity of the child, but this brings a strong educational message on the history and reality of childbirth, health care and women's health. All boys and girls should both learn where baby's come from, and that there is nothing to take for granted in the progress we have made on the health of mothers and infants. A fantastic learning resource, with good story lines.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 16, 2014

A consistently interesting show about new life

Coupled with the premise of having new life given sometimes multiple times in a single episode, the show has very interesting, strong female characters you can invest in. Trixie and Chummy particularly stand out to me, a bombshell with a quick quip at all times and the latter a motherly soul with a vocabulary that requires me to keep the captions on at all times. Start binge watching now, and maybe this show will be on par with "Downton Abbey" like it deserves to! (BTW, this does have some era-appropriate smoking)
Adult Written byviper_wings March 18, 2014

My youth

Since I am 58 I see my youth in this series . I also see that life nowadays is much better though I feel melancholia . This world is so "clean"in the west We had the best of times and the worst f times :-) My mum smoked through pregnancy and breastfeeding All people I knew smoked From the GP to the dentist In hospitals and so on and we still live What does that say about modern day tales ? Show children this world - cause we are forgetting our history !