Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Carmen Sandiego

Globe-trotting thief's action-packed origin story.

Adult Written byMeg-atron January 18, 2019

Educational, entertaining and she's a great female role model!

This puts a great spin on a classic. I grew up playing the games as a kid and I've enjoyed the various versions over the years. This is by far the best I've seen. The show highlights the value of friendship, loyalty, respect for other cultures and doing the right thing even when others think you may be wrong.

Adult Written byAFishFam January 21, 2019

Great for all ages - nice update of a classic

Great for all ages - nice update of a classic. Educational about geography, history and culture without hitting you over the head with it.
Adult Written byNeversideFaerie January 28, 2019

Sleek spy-fi/superhero inspired cartoon

In terms of violence this show is pretty mild. There's some bloodless, not-too-brutal fight scenes, sometimes involving sharp objects, such as claws and paper weapons. There's no sex or bad language and no especially scary scenes, though some situations the characters get into are pretty intense! It's a fun, engaging series with a likeable and diverse cast of characters, good role models and it contains plenty of geography facts too. The story is immensely well-written with plenty of clever twists in the tale. Though I find it morally sound, that doesn't mean it isn't able to touch upon grey areas in an age-appropriate way. This is more than just an educational series. This is more than just a kids' sci fi cartoon. This is a masterpiece in the making, up there with Voltron: Legendary Defender and The Dragon Prince. The cartoons Netflix puts out these days just keep proving to be utterly outstanding!

Parent of a 11 year old Written bypookiebearsexy January 20, 2019

Not inappropriate at all

All ages should be able to play this.

Parent Written byMichael G. March 1, 2019

Great reeboot on a classic cartoon but could be improved

Im a big fan of thios show from the classiv series when i was a kid. You can sstill find full youtube vids of all the episodes. I introuduced my daughter to Carmen with the classic and she loved it and so was over the moon when she heard about this reboot. Ill admit i was intrerested myself in checking it out. While I love the story lines i noticed a big flaw. The origonal series was more education entertainment value with your child picking up on a lot more facts than you see in this new version. While factas are shown multiple times throughout each episode in the origonal you dont get as much in these episodes. Yes you get a barely two minute segment in each episode I feel that netflix has gone off what made the bran the brand slightly to favor more entertainment than education which is what the games and tv series were designed around nad had a nice balance of the two. Whilst this does not

Adult Written bybrucebruce February 13, 2019

Great but a little shocking in parts

This is a well written and well animated show. They do well with character development with back stories, perhaps a little too well since it was (spoiler alert) shocking for my kids that one of the characters was murdered in S1E3.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byCooldudeben75 February 24, 2019

THIS IS EDUCATIONAL

You learn about ancient.........thingies •_•

Parent of a 13 year old Written bybobby m. February 13, 2019

Good Netflix Show

Even though it is rated Y7 on Netflix, my 13 year old still loves it because Finn Wolfhard is in it