Kid reviews for Castle Rock

Castle Rock Poster Image

Season One- Awesome but not for kids

THIS IS JUST A REVIEW FOR THE FIRST SEASON- To begin with, Castle Rock will only appeal if you are a huge Stephen King fan, like me. If not, the show won't make a lot of sense, and the references will be wasted. But if you are a fan, this show is for you. Not only is it good as a standalone story, but all the references to other King works such as "'Salem's Lot", "Cujo", and "The Shining" make this show a must watch for any self- identifying King fan. That being said, it is not at all for kids. The Language is very coarse (with probably 35+ F-words spoken in just the first season), and while the show deals mostly with psychological horror, there are some very graphic scenes of murder and violence, including the visible aftermath of a man mutilating a couple during a sexual act. Speaking of which, no sex is seen, and in only one episode it is heard. Also, the general mood of the show is very dark and disturbing, making it a show not for kids. But if you are a King fan who loves references and can stomach some gore, go watch it right now.

I loved it!

(I'll try to make this review as spoiler-free as I can.) This show is for anyone who loves mystery, horror and thriller shows. It's also a show that makes you think. And, it's also the perfect show for anyone who likes Stephen King's stories. And the cast. Oh man, the cast. I swear.. they really did a great job at casting. The acting is so good! Anyways, yeah, season 2 isn't exactly as "good" as season 1, but I still liked it. As for age ratings go, I guess I'm gonna have to give it an 8+ rating because of minor gore and sexual scenes. Minor, though. There's only like 2 or 3 sex scenes. And that's not a lot. In conclusion, I'd say this show is definitely my favorite, or at least in my top 3.

First season was five stars, second was 2.

The first season of Castle Rock is in my opinion, appropriate for kids 14+. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the second season. The first was a great psychological horror/thriller series that me and my family loved. However, in both seasons the language is over the top. It seems like every other word is a Fbomb... The thing is you kind of get used to it. Also, the cast is bloody brilliant. The Stephen King & J J Abrams due is probably my favorite due of ALL TIME!!! Now to the second season. They completely change the cast and both seasons pretty much have nothing to do which each other... Except that it's in the same town. The second season just has more violence, language (don't even know how that's possible), and one sex scene that is completely out of the ordinary. It does get better near the end but the second season just isn't worth it. Besides the one sex scene, there is only one other scene (it's in the first season) that just has sounds of giggling and moaning. There's also some social drinking.

Amazing

It’s a really smart horror show, combining a lot of mystery elements. Very violent, lots of stabbings, shootings, suicide, and gore. Also lots of swearing. I honestly think that it could do without a curse word every other sentence, but there are worse things than swearing. There is a scene where you can hear a couple having sex upstairs, and another one that is more graphic, but I was able to look away pretty quickly, not really seeing anything. There is also some drugs and drinking.