Kid reviews for Castle

Light crime procedural offers less violence than CSI.

Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2011

Woah. Did Common Sense even watch one episode??

Oh. My. Gosh. Did I just read this review????And did it just rate Castle with only THREE STARS!? And did they say it isn't GORY??????????????????????????? Well, I guess I must be left to set the record straight. Ok. Let's go.

In the episode "The Final Nail", a young woman kills another young woman with a nail gun. Her mangled corpse is shown with nails embedded in her skull. Blood is pooled around her head. In the episode "Nikki Heat", a young woman is shown dead, impaled on a stake fence. Blood is everywhere. Does that not sound gory??? Moving on to sexual content. Not much is in most of the episodes, but in the episode "Nikki Heat", an actress playing the part of the character based on Beckett in the movie adaptation of Castle's novel Nikki Heat pressures Castle to sleep with her in order to completely "grasp" the character. She then talks to Beckett in the most foul mouthed potion of the episode, using phrases such as but not limited to "verbal masturbation" and "steamy sex scenes". Coincidentally enough, adultery and prostitution is also mentioned in this episode, so please skip this one. This show has excellent comedy. Ryan and Esposito are always dropping gut busters. Castle is a loving and caring father to his teenage daughter, Alexis. However, Alexis is not always respectful but is shown to be resourceful and even provides helpful advice to her father on cases. If I were you, I wouldn't pass on this one. It can be a buddy buddy guy show or a woman's chick flick. Before I leave, I will warn you; in the season three finale a major character is killed and one of the two main characters' fate is left on a cliffhanger. And to whoever read gospurs57's review, ABC has announced that Castle will be continued into a fourth season and possibly more.

Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2019

Kids would be fine with it.

It's funny, sexy, action-packed (not over the top violent though.) It's a good show for families and will entertain people of all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytruthexposer1306 February 28, 2019

This is the only review you should believe!

I Love This Show Even OK For People In Their Pre-Teens As Long They Act Mature Enough! Great Show! Interesting and Action-Packed and Suspenseful but I Couldn't Stop Watching This Show! Addicting!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlue_Eyes June 10, 2014

Great but iffy moments

I'm a thirteen year old who is addicted to Castle. There are some moments where sex plays a role. Other then those few moments, the show is a csi type of show made for all ages (13+). It's fun to follow Rick Castle and Kate Beckett through out the 6 ( now 7) seasons. There a some other moments where swearing is in play as well as drinking. One episode at the end the cast goes out for a drink and begin singing. Honestly, there is violence. Of course it is a murder mystery show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. January 11, 2011

One of the best crime shows out there with it's own special flair.

Castle is a great role model for his daughter, often giving her advice. I watch it with my parents all the time and we can't stop laughing at all of Castle's antics and crazy stories. I love Beckett too, she's got that strong female independence that girls should look up to. This show is great overall. I can't miss a single episode.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie-Kakes December 20, 2009

Great for teens that like crime shows

Love this show. but then again i like almost all crime shows, CASTLE is vey much like bones but the main focus is on xatching the muderer rather than all of the forensic type stuff. castle and beckett are a great team and all the characters are extremely interesting and funny. Castle is a single father with sole custody to his 15 yr old daughter alexis, due to her mothers chosen profession, he is also a very acomplished writer and insists on following Beckett around. Beckett is a single, bright, savvy woman, she works for the NYPD, a profession castle says she chose due to her mothers murder. There is very little swearing for example castle tends to use APPLES as his safe word for when he woud be swearing if it where a different show.
This is a very interesting and funny tv series, well worth praise.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGlitterGal318 December 22, 2017

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2017

Some episodes can be scary

This is a great show to watch, but parents should watch the episode,before watching it with their kids. Not as much violence as other shows.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTara S. June 28, 2017
Castle is a great show, and I enjoy watching it--but it has many sex references, and has a few episodes based off of call-girl businesses and prostitution. As for swearing, it isn't bad at all. Violence is somewhat graphic, but it should be okay for teens. Other than that there are a few episodes that are involved in drug addicts, but, it too should be fine for teens. The relationship between Castle and his daughter (Alexis) is very sweet, and a great example of what a father-daughter relationship should be like. What I also like about this show is that the acting is great, and although some things in it can be cheesy, it still has a realistic sense to it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAvaEP February 18, 2017

Watched it twice over

My sister and I (11 and 14) watch this show all the time. It is great for the family, and while thee is a moderate amount of violence and sex, it is my favorite TV show and I think most of it is appropriate.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGrimnoir_Knight January 12, 2017

Another review of Castle that will possibly decide whether your child can watch it.

I really like this show, it's about a writer who teams up with a detective and helps her on her homicide cases, however, they are homicide cases and every episode starts with someone being murdered and there are these series of episodes with this guy named 3XK. He's called "The Triple Killer." Now I would encourage you NOT to let your kid watch ANY of these episodes until you have watched them yourself because there are scenes where he does kill someone really in a really gory manner (stringing her up on the ceiling with barb wire.) But other from 3XK the show is alright the bodies are not that gory so, I would recommend your kid being 12 so he/she can watch this show but you should watch an episode and see if you want your kid to watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBilson July 7, 2016

Best show ever!!!

This is an amazing tv show with some episodes that can be suspencful and others with kissing but it's a great show. There are talks of drugs, drinking, and affairs.

Teen, 14 years old Written byA.D6594 April 16, 2016

grate

Teen, 13 years old Written byAEO January 30, 2016

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

I think Castle is the best show in the universe. It is my fave tv show and I watch it all the time. There is only two or three episodes of the whole show with full blown sex scenes and not a lot of cursing however the murder scenes are a little to gory for little kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byMadelyn843 September 25, 2015

Love this show!

The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 is that it doesn't have me begging for the next season like my two favorites do, but really this show is great. It's a crime show yet it doesn't leave me with that dark, brooding feeling more serious ones might. Castle and the other characters provide comic relief, and it's always impossible to guess the end, That's what makes it fun. The plots are interesting and each is totally different. You don't even have to watch in order, but there is a background running through them. Beckett is a strong, empowering woman and Castle is an all around great guy. There is a gruesome dead body in each episode, but it's not over the top and the deaths are never on on scene. Occasionally there is a prostitute or a scandal, and sometimes the characters talk about their sexual life but it's not graphic. There is sometimes the beginning or end shown though so beware of that.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGreyJediAlex August 25, 2015

Not bad

The story and characters are really well-made, but it does show crime scenes (the main characters are homicide detectives) and discuss how the crime was committed. It's tamed down a bit in the later seasons, but there is also flirting and references to inappropriate stuff, occasionally shown, but somewhat mild.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysnowdayk June 28, 2015

Castle

This show has some scenes with blood, and has some intimate scenes as well. There is also violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhuman1371 March 19, 2015

I Am Obsessed

The show is romantic, comedic, and mysterious. The story is romantic because Castle and Beckett are an amazing couple that starting off not really liking each other and slowly growing to love each other through out the seasons to where recently they got married. The show is comedic because the main characters frequently make jokes that will make you laugh out loud. The show is mysterious because at heart, it is a crime show and it kind of needs to be mysterious to get you to watch the full episode. The main character, Richard Castle, has two ex wives and one daughter. The daughter and Castle's mother, Alexis and Martha, live with Castle in his penthouse. Few things to note is Richard Castle at the beginning of the series is a rich playboy, later in the series he becomes less playboy and more like an eight year old talking about how he has three girlfriends. Richard Castle is a childish character that is known to play laser tag, mess with toys in a toy store, go to museums solely because they have dinosaurs, and has a slight obsession with Halloween. In the end this show is awesome for people who can watch crime shows without having nightmares and has a great and three dimensional cast of characters that can be serious and parental, yet still laugh out loud hilarious.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykarenkarenkaren January 23, 2015

Castle review

Kate is a great role model and so is Alexis they both are powerful and smart female roles

Teen, 14 years old Written byNetflixwatcher July 6, 2014
Castle is a funny show with a lot of depth. I started watching Castle with my mom when I was 12 and I now watch it on my own. There is some sexual content. Most episodes are clean, especially the newer ones. Usually if a show is inappropriate it starts off at the beginning and will continue throughout. Some episodes I still do not watch because of the overall sexual theme. In the first season, Nanny Mcdead is one I would not let under fifteen watch. My parents are pretty sheltering about this so that should give you an idea about this review. There is some mentions of drugs and drinking but not a lot. This is a funny show with a lot of positive elements and not a lot of gore(what there is, is clearly fake to a tween crowd at least). It is lighthearted and still teaches what can happen to you if you aren't careful.