Kid reviews for Castle

Light crime procedural offers less violence than CSI.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. January 11, 2011

One of the best crime shows out there with it's own special flair.

Castle is a great role model for his daughter, often giving her advice. I watch it with my parents all the time and we can't stop laughing at all of Castle's antics and crazy stories. I love Beckett too, she's got that strong female independence that girls should look up to. This show is great overall. I can't miss a single episode.

Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2010

Good show, might give scares to some kids

I like this show as a good family show, however there are some moments which put down a scare (not for me, but noticed between my 5 yr. old sibling), and like I said in my Monk review, I don't recommend murder plots for those under 8...however this is pretty tame.
Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2011

Woah. Did Common Sense even watch one episode??

Oh. My. Gosh. Did I just read this review????And did it just rate Castle with only THREE STARS!? And did they say it isn't GORY??????????????????????????? Well, I guess I must be left to set the record straight. Ok. Let's go. In the episode "The Final Nail", a young woman kills another young woman with a nail gun. Her mangled corpse is shown with nails embedded in her skull. Blood is pooled around her head. In the episode "Nikki Heat", a young woman is shown dead, impaled on a stake fence. Blood is everywhere. Does that not sound gory??? Moving on to sexual content. Not much is in most of the episodes, but in the episode "Nikki Heat", an actress playing the part of the character based on Beckett in the movie adaptation of Castle's novel Nikki Heat pressures Castle to sleep with her in order to completely "grasp" the character. She then talks to Beckett in the most foul mouthed potion of the episode, using phrases such as but not limited to "verbal masturbation" and "steamy sex scenes". Coincidentally enough, adultery and prostitution is also mentioned in this episode, so please skip this one. This show has excellent comedy. Ryan and Esposito are always dropping gut busters. Castle is a loving and caring father to his teenage daughter, Alexis. However, Alexis is not always respectful but is shown to be resourceful and even provides helpful advice to her father on cases. If I were you, I wouldn't pass on this one. It can be a buddy buddy guy show or a woman's chick flick. Before I leave, I will warn you; in the season three finale a major character is killed and one of the two main characters' fate is left on a cliffhanger. And to whoever read gospurs57's review, ABC has announced that Castle will be continued into a fourth season and possibly more.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykarenkarenkaren January 23, 2015

Castle review

Kate is a great role model and so is Alexis they both are powerful and smart female roles

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheCoolteen May 2, 2014

Way better than Lost!

I loved this show! You know that I was happy when Lost was cancelled! Lost was terrible! They also say "d-mn", "h-ll", "a--", "crap", "b---ard" and "s-ut". CSM, You gotta add language to this review!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 14, 2011

Not such a bad show for Tweens, Teens, and Adults.

This show can be pretty intreging. My 9-year-old sister can watch it, but she's more mature than I normally give her credit for.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie-Kakes December 20, 2009

Great for teens that like crime shows

Love this show. but then again i like almost all crime shows, CASTLE is vey much like bones but the main focus is on xatching the muderer rather than all of the forensic type stuff. castle and beckett are a great team and all the characters are extremely interesting and funny. Castle is a single father with sole custody to his 15 yr old daughter alexis, due to her mothers chosen profession, he is also a very acomplished writer and insists on following Beckett around. Beckett is a single, bright, savvy woman, she works for the NYPD, a profession castle says she chose due to her mothers murder. There is very little swearing for example castle tends to use APPLES as his safe word for when he woud be swearing if it where a different show. This is a very interesting and funny tv series, well worth praise.

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2017

Some episodes can be scary

This is a great show to watch, but parents should watch the episode,before watching it with their kids. Not as much violence as other shows.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlue_Eyes June 10, 2014

Great but iffy moments

I'm a thirteen year old who is addicted to Castle. There are some moments where sex plays a role. Other then those few moments, the show is a csi type of show made for all ages (13+). It's fun to follow Rick Castle and Kate Beckett through out the 6 ( now 7) seasons. There a some other moments where swearing is in play as well as drinking. One episode at the end the cast goes out for a drink and begin singing. Honestly, there is violence. Of course it is a murder mystery show.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2010

Castle

I think this tv show is brilliant and hilarious. The relationship between Castle and his daughter is almost so great it's too good to be true, but sends a positive message to many families, and they are great role models for the younger kids. Although there are some brief bloody scenes of most episodes, they are hilarious and entertaining.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDramaDitz June 12, 2010

Castle and Beckett a great team!

Funny, smart, good crime stories and a great cast. Can't wait to see more episodes from this series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyforluvingyou7 July 19, 2013

LOVE this show, good for the whole family

This series is a great show for fans of CSI,Perception, Blue Bloods, Body of Proof, and those type of police investigative shows. Its funny, intriguing, and really well written and acted out. The only concerns parents might have is that in the earlier episodes, Castle and Beckett have some heated moments in the bedroom, but not frequently. Also, language is overall good, but some words may be ones that parents don;t want their kids hearing like sl**ht and b**ch. Other words are hell and d*n but swearing and foul language doesn't occur often. In earlier episodes, parents might want to be conscious of the inappropriate (yet hilarious to the older viewers) things that are said throughout the series. I personally think that this is a great series with verry little gore, only when someone is shot or dead bodies are found and put on a gernie to be delivered to the morgue, good comedy, well-written, well-acted, and a great mystery series with good plots.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGrimnoir_Knight January 12, 2017

Another review of Castle that will possibly decide whether your child can watch it.

I really like this show, it's about a writer who teams up with a detective and helps her on her homicide cases, however, they are homicide cases and every episode starts with someone being murdered and there are these series of episodes with this guy named 3XK. He's called "The Triple Killer." Now I would encourage you NOT to let your kid watch ANY of these episodes until you have watched them yourself because there are scenes where he does kill someone really in a really gory manner (stringing her up on the ceiling with barb wire.) But other from 3XK the show is alright the bodies are not that gory so, I would recommend your kid being 12 so he/she can watch this show but you should watch an episode and see if you want your kid to watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBilson July 7, 2016

Best show ever!!!

This is an amazing tv show with some episodes that can be suspencful and others with kissing but it's a great show. There are talks of drugs, drinking, and affairs.

Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2011

Best Detective TV show

Castle is a funny, witty, creative TV show! Some bits can be a bit inappropriate but overall it's great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTara S. June 28, 2017
Castle is a great show, and I enjoy watching it--but it has many sex references, and has a few episodes based off of call-girl businesses and prostitution. As for swearing, it isn't bad at all. Violence is somewhat graphic, but it should be okay for teens. Other than that there are a few episodes that are involved in drug addicts, but, it too should be fine for teens. The relationship between Castle and his daughter (Alexis) is very sweet, and a great example of what a father-daughter relationship should be like. What I also like about this show is that the acting is great, and although some things in it can be cheesy, it still has a realistic sense to it.

Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

Perfect for 13+, but some episodes are iffy for 10-12

I Have watched Castle since the 2cd season and love it! I'm mature but some kids will take it for granted. Castle has it's moments but overall is amazing!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypipbud October 12, 2010

Best show ever

Favorite T.V show ever!! Freak out on Monday when it is own. There are some bloody nasty scenes that younger kids probably can't handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 10, 2010

eraly teens

Loved it!!! still do...watch it daily...or as it comes on, so weekly!! Stana Katic is beautiful :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byGlitterGal318 December 22, 2017