Kid reviews for Castlevania

Arresting anime adaptation has over-the-top brutal violence.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycsreviewer July 15, 2017

Dark, But Worth Watching

Castlevania is a Netflix Original anime based on the popular video games of the same name. It is wildly accurate to the original games. It is a mature show that is easily binge-able at only 4, thirty minute episodes in the first season. People should be aware that this is rated mature for a reason. In the Context of Dracula, this anime is very violent. Graphic scenes of deaths are portrayed onscreen such as (but not limited to) burning at the stake, beheadings, dismemberment, and drained from vile creatures to name a few. Blood is dramatically spewn, almost in every scene in some way. Everything is seen onscreen, nothing is hidden. Magic and supernatural forces injure and kill others graphically. Expect quite a lot of language throughout. Everything ranging from consistent uses of "f**k," "b**ch," as well as numerous other profanities freely thrown through each episode. There is no nudity, or on screen sex situations so far, but there were a couple vulgar jokes and references to sexual acts. (One being Beastiallity) some drinking takes place, and it is clear that some characters are drunk onscreen. Castlevania is NOT for children, or those who can't handle extreme and intense violence. Would recommend to anyone who loves the classic tale, the video games, or just someone wanting a great story. Can't wait for season two!

Teen, 14 years old Written byprincecaspian August 9, 2020

An amazing adaptation of an amazing game!

This show is amazing. It is thought provoking, intelligent, and has a wonderful cast of characters. It is most definitely worth a watch if you enjoy dark fantasy or horror.

This show also has gratuitous violence, a dark subject matter, and loads of cursing. Sex isn't particularly an issue until season three, although the sex in season three is brutal. This show puts its characters through trauma and pain like it is nothing, so if you are bothered by this I would not recommend watching this show.

If you're going to watch this with a child, make sure they are extremely mature. At the very youngest you'd want to watch this with a 14 year old, but I'd bet most 14 year olds aren't mature enough to watch this much violence. If they are still the type that think watching gratuitous violence makes them "cool", they shouldn't be shown this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byZawarudo June 13, 2020

I think common sense media isn’t actually thinking it through in this rating !

Never watch it with kids it has brutal violence nudity and sex and over the top swearing I would suggest this anime for 17 and up only !

Teen, 14 years old Written bypaadi June 7, 2020

Its an amazing show with a few problems

This is a very dark show.... the best way to describe this show would be an anime styled adaptation of Game Of Thrones.... it has an amazing story and combat with unnecessary swearing in the first 2 seasons. The last 2 episode of the third seasons have cartoon which is just unnecessary and shocking.... i expected it to show other kind of sexual content but not straight up nudity.... the scenes are not very brief they last about 3 minuted in total which may not see like a lot of time but apparently it had some key story content during those scenes which missed trying to avoid seeing a weird anime wiener.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMahboob March 13, 2020

Very GORY and full of Swears but STORY is too good

Its very violent and full of heavy swearing.
But the story is way too good. If you dont want any sex scenes just dont watch season 3 episode 10 otherwise you will be fine.
(Trevor Belmont drinks but not too much)

Teen, 17 years old Written bySupaGamaXDA1234 November 18, 2019

Good, violent and powerful series

There is heavy violence, some language and bits of gore.

Teen, 17 years old Written byGogito March 25, 2019
I don't know about others but I'm a teen and extreme gore never bothered or disturbed me for some reason. But I'd recommend this show for ages 13+

Teen, 17 years old Written byFireemblemfangirl17 February 14, 2019

The show is awesome

I love castlevania it’s a great anime for teens and adults over the age of 15.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBCube January 30, 2019

Gory and violent, but with a good story

The show is amazing. Food compelling plot that stays true to the original games. The show is very bloody and gory. Blood is VERY frequent. Dismemberment, decapitations, etc, BUT it is animated. Language consists of sh*t, d*mn and other minor curse words. Infrequent use of f*ck. There is a reference to, and I quote, "f*cking a goat". Other than that the show is very cool and I think it is fit for most MATURE teenagers.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBenananas December 30, 2018

This series is great, but not for everyone

I’ll get straight to the point- Castlevania is gory, bloody, vulgar, and definitely intended for older audiences. The violence and animations, in my opinion, add to the mood of the story and create an intense atmosphere that might be overwhelming to new teens and kids. It’s also worth to take into consideration the themes and dialogue used, because a lot of it may go over some kids’ heads, ultimately leaving them out on some of the show reccomended for a good experience. And as for impressionable kids or even young teens, the show doesn’t have the best of role models in terms of manners, attitude, and the such.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFsdd121 November 2, 2018

Great show very story driven

Castlevania shows brutal violence with blood and gore,some sexual dialogue, some alcohol references in regards to ale strong language including f—k, s—t,etc. and some scary imagery which may not be suitable for some audiences I recommend a parent watch this for their kid first and then if they think the kid is mature enough to handle it but it should NOT be shown to someone like a 3 year old.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBryvenom August 8, 2018

Blood,Guts,and a whole lot of story

Castlevania is a anime made in america that's based around a Video game franchise by the same name, for those who haven't played the 8-bit games our main character is always a badass with a whip who's going to fight monsters and kill Dracula. and this show heavily reflects that but with a twist, in the show we always see that Dracula is the antagonist, but he became the antagonist after the real Villain, The Church burned hes wife at the stake for being a witch, this angers Dracula to the point where he rains the entire city of Wallachia with Blood and entrails (and monsters). in the show our main protagonist is Trevor Belmont one of the many members of the Belmont clan who's trying to fight Dracula's army to save Wallachia from Dracula's bloodshed and to accompany him is Sypha who is a female witch who only follows Trevor after he was a massive badass and saved her from becoming a Cyclop's dinner. and actually towards the end of the show we get a massive really cool ending with Trevor and sypha travelling below the city of wallachia to find Adrian Tepe's (dracula's son) coffin to wake him up and have him help them fight he's father dracula but before this happens Trevor, Sypha, and a army of peasants fight some demons, but before the battle is over the ground collapses and sends them plummeting to the depths below where Trevor and Sypha find a coffin that belongs to Adrian Tepes who reveals hes name to be Alucard and when this does happen Trevor and Alucard have a fight that i wont spoil and when that's all said and done Alucard agrees to join Trevor and Sypha in their battle to protect Wallachia.

Castlevania is a really bloodied series that depicts a kid friendly game of fighting monsters and turns it into a really fantastic bloodfest of a show, but for those of you who plan to watch it do know that a second season is coming out October 26th that will double the episode count and give you more action, but for now i say.."who lives in a coffin under the city?" and have a good day/night -BryV (A person who loves Castlevania)

Teen, 16 years old Written byzfreview September 4, 2017

Castlevania

Just watch out for the language in this tv show. Most of it is just normal language you hear day to day, but some of the language is a little sexual based.

Teen, 16 years old Written bywizardortitan July 11, 2017

CSM is being surprisingly lenient with this one

I personally think that the show is fine for older teens, but seeing a 14+ rating from CSM is a bit confusing, especially when they describe the show as having "over-the-top brutal violence". They're previously rated games from the series with a similar level of gore as 18+.