Parent reviews for Catscratch

A chaotic show about obnoxious cats.

Adult Written byHolly R. July 29, 2019

It didn't last long for a reason...

While I do sort of like the show, it does have issues and that is probably why it only lasted about 20 episodes or so. Mr. Blik was rude and obnoxious, Waffle was kinda annoying and randomly saying "splee!!!" all the time, and Gordon had an unhealthy romantic obsession with an 8 year old girl named "human Kimberly". The show usually revolves around Mr. Blik doing selfish things and having to be bailed out of what ever weird thing happens by his cat brothers only to learn the same lessons over and over again. And for some reason the cats don't have noses and Waffle resembles a dog at times more than a cat because of his ear laying flat and behaving similar to a "lovable stupid dog". Waffle also likes newts for some strange reason. The show is completely random at times and while I like it, I find it disappointing and sometimes creepy especially with Gordon whom sounds like a grown man with a Scottish accent being infatuated with an 8 year old child. It's kinda sweet if you don't think about for too long or then you start to realise how creepy it is. It is a very hyperactive show and none of the characters are truly likable save for Kimberly who is technically a side character whom only serves as a weird unhealthy obsession for Gordon and a companion for the other cats. The good thing about this show is that it is probably better suited for the 9 and up crowd who won't try to copy the bad stuff that characters like Mr. Blik do. Plus the characters, while unlikable, are still amusing. They are designed so that you will love to hate them. Therefore it is better for older children but it's fine with supervision for younger kids.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 21, 2012

I would watch this if I had nothing to do.

This show is not terrible,but it is not the best show ever.It is better than Nick News,but if I had a choice between SpongeBob or this show,I would ay SpongeBob.The jokes are funny but the animation is hideous.
Parent of a 12 and 12-year-old Written byratoncomoteva August 27, 2010

Educational Value
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 5, 2009

The show is TV-Y

I saw one TV-PG episode,and was rated TV-Y7 For three months,and went back to TV-Y.
Adult Written byAnAdult April 9, 2008

I dont know what those kids are talking about.

First of all, this show never says the f word, that kid has to clean out his ears. You arent even allowed to say the f word on TV! Second of all, the show has no language, no sexual content, no anything! Its a pointless show, ill give it that, but it is also harmless.
Adult Written byjackg April 9, 2008

This tv show is hilarious!

Three cats have inherited their master's fortune, and with the help of a butler they have adventures and get into trouble before everything works out in the end.