Kid reviews for Catscratch

A chaotic show about obnoxious cats.

Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat November 27, 2011

A hilarious show about cats who get into surrealistic situations.

This may be your most inaccurate review in the entire site. Not only is it too violent for a 6 year old, but it also is a very funny show with a good sense of surrealistic humor. First, the violence: a three headed kracken is killed on-screen and the inside of its heads is shown, another kracken is killed as well (I can't remember how though), Gordon is seen in a detailed transformation to a monster, zombies are killed with lazers, and so on. In a sense, this is kind of the Courage the Cowardly Dog of the 2000's. The only difference is that it's not QUITE as explicitly gory. But any child under 7 would certainly be unsettled by this show. However, it has a good sense of humor, as it is partially dialogue-driven and partially surrealistic humor-driven. I don't think I can explain how the surrealism of the show is funny, because that sense of humor is an acquired taste. But I can definetly tell you that I think this is one of Nick's funnier 2000's Nicktoons, and that's coming from someone who actually grew up in that era and isn't afraid to admit it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGlitchTwitchx February 13, 2021

The cat's meow!

Catscratch is a long since forgotten Nicktoon that aired in the early to mid 2000s. As someone that was within the primary demographic for the show at the time, I can tell you that it was great. Fairly surreal and quite funny, the show stands out among the crowd of otherwise boring (and at times repetitious) cartoons found on Nickelodeon at the time, with it being one of the few Nickelodeon shows from that era that I vividly remember enjoying. Its also worth noting that despite what has been stated in other reviews on here, the show is no more or less vulgar than any other Nicktoon (to be more specific, it does not "use the f word" as another reviewer put it). That said, the show is far from perfect and even though I may be a bit blinded by the "pair of rose-tinted goggles" that is nostalgia, the show is far from perfect. With the animation being a bit simplistic and the stories possibly being a bit too slow for some children nowadays, it is clear at times that its quite dated. On top of this, I'd like to note that the show, like a decent number of other cartoons isn't blatantly educational, with the main characters not exactly being the best role models (most of the "negative" things they do involve cartoon violence, but nothing more). Despite this, Catscratch is a unique and charming show that will undoubtedly entertain children of all ages, and will stand out in the memories of those who watched it for years to come.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMusiclovergig August 6, 2020

Ok

I haven’t seen much of it but it’s alright.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDudulino01 June 2, 2020

Weird

The show is interesting because visually any sense is how the main characters are supposed to be cats but mostly they looks more like genetically modified rabbits...

Teen, 17 years old Written byLunariLongCat December 14, 2015

Funny, awesome but a bit brash

Its original and brings interesting ideas.
Super funny, but not for very young kids.

The main characters aren't really good role models.
Despite that, I find some kids can relate to them or situations the characters have been through. I did when I was a kid.

All in all, catscratch is great and kids will love it!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySnoopylove87 February 19, 2014

This is an actually GOOD show for ALL AGES!

Yes, this show might have a little bit of scary scenes and scenarios and yes, Waffle is a little immature and makes 'armpit fart noises' sometimes and Mister Blik's greed usually blinds his true intentions, and YES, Gordon has a crush on a little girl, but SO WHAT? This show teaches you a lot of lessons, such as " don't change who you are " (Off the Leash) and family sticks together no matter what (most episodes). Gordon is a great rolemodel: he sacrificed himself to save others, he's a kind hearted fellow, and he is brave as heck. Also, Waffle sometimes can define words that even I, a middle school student, can learn from. For example, in my HIGH SCHOOL science class, I learned the word caldera. It just so happened Waffle defined that SAME word in "Life Savers". Those moments might be really quick, but it sure makes up for his stupidity sometimes. Mister Blik can be a bad role model at times (cheating, lying, insulting others, being self centered at times, and his rudeness), but he usually redeems himself in the end and makes for an adorable character. Some scenes are a little violent for younger viewers such as near death situations, zombies, aliens, krakens, and bears; but aside from that, this is a show everyone else will enjoy. Take it from me: I'm a teenager and I have a crush on Mister Blik. If that doesn't help you, I don't know what will. I wonder to myself why Nickelodeon doesn't just bring this great classic back and admire the good lessons taught in this show. This is William Shakespear compared to the newest addition of the Nickelodeon family, Breadwinners. I feel as if this show has been overlooked and doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2011

A horrible show that replaced ren and stimpy!!!

This show is horrible! I have always hated it since it first came to nickelodeon! It was a replacement of Ren and Stimpy! People just want to watch it to be stupid! I hate it!

Privacy & Safety
Privacy & Safety
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2011

LAMEST SHOW EVER!!!

Very boring! They say the f word in some episodes, messages are terrible!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Fooshster February 10, 2011

*sniff* I miss this show ...

This was my favorite show back a few years ago.
I loved all the characters, they were so fun.
I liked Mr. Blik the most because of his need to always supervise and lead. Although he was bossy, he was an awesome character.
Waffle added the craziness to the show. He was kind of a carefree, easy going, braindead character. His random outbursts and his obsession with his pet newts might have caused alot of people to laugh at him and become a fan of him.
Gordon was in the middle. He had a crush on a human, which I thought was strange, but it was pretty good. He has a scottish accent, and in alot of episodes you will hear him mentioning something about his homeland, Scotland.

I really don't know why they canceled this great show, I wish some of the episodes would be on iTunes or somewhere where fans can watch them again.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJasonSheerinFitz October 8, 2010
role models arent good
but on the other hand the show carrys alot of funny humor
and outrageoeuous destruction and pranks.
kinda reminds me of my cartoons i always draw.
i always watched this show back in late 08.

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2010

I Like it and I Miss it

i like this show very much,because yesterday i saw on my nickelodeon and reminds me about blik,gordon,and waffle.
To you who hate this show,there is a show that worse than Catscratch,it's The Stupid Fanboy and Chum Chum

Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2010

i miss this show

you dont see it on tv anymore i think but it was a silly show the violence is all cartoon like

Kid, 10 years old November 21, 2009
acepto

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008
This show is ridiculous! It is one of my favorite shows.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynewguineafan April 9, 2008

Worst Show Ever

This is definitly a terrible show. Waffle runs away in EVERY episode. In one episode, they say the f word.

It stinks!!

I hate this show! It's ruining my showtimes for Avatar: The Last Airbender. (It's my favorite show; and Catscratch is right next to it!) Let's put them outta business!

good show

this show is really good, but i am sorry, but this website says this show is TV-PG i am sorry but when i watch this show it says TV-Y so i don't know what is wrong and what is right
Teen, 13 years old Written byn3v3r April 9, 2008

This is an awful show!

Oh, how can I begin to explain how awful it is? It has no point to it in the first place. Two, well... its, the worst show on Nickelodeon.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatara_* April 9, 2008

i hate it!!

catscrach is a no good piece of-- show!that dawn show is interfiering with avatar-the greatest show in nickelodeon ever since cardcartor sakura;which was in cartoonnetwork the best channel ever to be transmited through cable or satlelite-.catscratch is a piece of %%%%%%%%% %%%%% %%%%%% %%% %%%% %%%%%%% %%%% %%%%!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaa April 9, 2008