Parent reviews for Chicago Fire

Fire drama's blazes mix with solid story, mature content.

Adult Written byWestDundeePolice November 16, 2020

My Favorite TV Show is Chicago Fire the Best for Ever.

Familes should know this review of Chicago Fire is for Kids 11 Years Old or Older.
Adult Written byjkmaunupau November 11, 2020

How Fires are fought

I know that fire-incidents are exciting. I like to see them use more fire fighters logistics. When going into fire engulfed buildings entering with fully charged fire lines. If their is no water source, show that. Deploy all the incidents that occur while at a major structure fire. Blocked entry way,elevators not working, etc.... It will make the firefighter job more exciting.
Adult Written byanna2324 July 4, 2020

Questionable content

I think even adults should question why they are watching this. It glorifies lesbian relationships, has a lot of sex scenes too.

Adult Written byDanielcat April 10, 2020

The difference between right and wrong

This is a show about the bravery of fire fighters and the many dilemmas they face in their personal lives and out on the street fighting fires. It looks at the moral side of life which isn’t always explored theses days. . It looks beneath the surface of sex and violence. Yes, they are charismatic characters - all of them but they are also kind and compassionate. Fires and violence are ugly - that is the point. It educates people to stay away from harm and if your older children can cope with the images it’s very educational. It promotes good moral character. It certainly does not condone drug taking. It’s about avoiding danger in all its guises. It’s a good life lesson despite the blood and gore. . My lovely daughters love watching it with me. The camaraderie between the characters is second to none. It’s the sort of show that would lead young people to becoming doctors or fire fighters but of course it’s not for the very young. My daughters are nearly 16 and enjoy a variety of shows. This one is very well put together but not for the faint hearted. I can tell there are parents out there who would rather hide behind the sofa. That is fair enough. There are good shows out there for you too.

Adult Written byPolarChi June 8, 2019

Adult Written byAnita T. September 25, 2017

Adult TV show

Whether this tv show is the best anyone has ever watched this show is not for kids under 16! If that. Why do we have all this violence and teenage sex? These kids don't need to watch sex scenes and death. Especially the death part right before bed time. Oh wait. Aren't 8 year olds supposed to be in bed at the time Chicago Fire is on? Therefore it speaks for itself. Some of the kids comments they are learning what goes on In a firehouse. There are other ways to teach your kids about what goes on without letting a TV teach them about sex, drugs and violence. With the amount of this behavior going on with young kids now, you'd think we would try to control what they are watching as opposed to promoting it. It's ridiculous. Whatever positive message they are getting from this show, they can get in other ways. I'm astounded that all these young kids watch this and are allowed to watch this show. It's has adult content. And what age are you an adult?! That should tell us what age we should let our kids watch it. I put 16 because it's not like they haven't been introduced to it. But anything under it, in my opinion is unacceptable. Whether with parental supervision or not.
Adult Written byKaren S. June 14, 2017
Parent of a 17-year-old Written byDesiree O. May 20, 2017

Awesome show

I can't wait until it comes back on, it is always awesome.
Adult Written byEmily G. November 17, 2016

Great Series

This truly is my favorite TV drama. There is a bit of sexual content, swearing, and violence but nothing a high schooler couldn't handle. I would however recommend 14 and 15 year olds watching it with a parent to discuss some of the complex topics.

Adult Written bycieli November 10, 2014