Kid reviews for Chicago Fire

Fire drama's blazes mix with solid story, mature content.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChrism1 November 20, 2013

l love this show

I love chicago fire. but i think only 14 and older sound watch it.

Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2013

Great, but watch kids!

This is a great show!!!! I am 11 and my mom and I watch it together, we both love it!!! I think 11 and up should be accompanied by an adult while watching this show. Why?: 1. Kids (preteens) my have questions about some things. 2. Some parts may be scary and/or inappropriate. For that I just close my eyes. Otherwise it tells the real truth about emergencies that happen every day and how the fire squad saves peoples lives. It is inspiring in an amazing way. And in a way it is educational!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySuperTrini747 June 17, 2021

10+ if they're mature, 13+ if they're new to some... topics.

Great show, more of a drama than anything, watched a bit of it when it first came out and I was about 6 years old, of course my eyes had to be covered at times, but ignoring the sexual scenes which at the time I couldn't watch (They still are a little uncomfortable for me lol) it was a really good show to watch which helped me understand specific dangers and safety. I've been keeping up with the show regularly for a good 5 years now, and it never becomes too graphic or violent. Never have I had to stop watching because of some graphic content. I think it is because it is in a realistic context, but it is not too gruesome, unlike 911.
There's no necessarily BAD characters that are constant, but when they appear they're dealt with appropriately which again, is a + for positive role models because it shows that people can be dealt with without violence.

All of that aside, great to watch with friends, family if you're a teen, and never has been boring.
Kid, 8 years old April 22, 2021

I love it!

I'm 9 and I'm in love with this show! It is one of my fave shows to each because its really entertaining

Teen, 13 years old Written byPaxman88 May 27, 2020

I am addicted

This show really is not that bad I mean I am one of the people that gets sick when I see open wounds and all but it is very clear when it happens and my mom and I just have a good chuckle and ugh and I just close my eyes my mom isn’t one of those that doesn’t even look at the rating she is very protected. This show does have gang bangers and I don’t believe that every person from the hood is a banger and likes violence but it does show them draw their guns and put them on the characters faces but never shows them shoot almost like they are saying that they are still people and they do care witch is the case. I really enjoy this show and it is awesome

Teen, 13 years old Written byMarionette April 13, 2020

For especially mature kids between 10 and 11 and most kids 12+

Teen, 14 years old Written byFunguy20177 March 5, 2020

It’s Alright for 12+

There is very little or maybe even no swearing, there are scene where kids may find distressing or a bit inappropriate but 12+is fine.
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2020

Great.

It's very good, however parent permission to view it first is likely recommended, a few weapons are used and crimes can be involved. To sum up, it's probably okay enough when you have adult supervision for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMark Woelk May 26, 2019

Die Beste Serie die es auf der Welt gibt

Die Serie ist einfach super viele Vorbilder und Szenen die das wahre Leben auf eine Feuerwache zeigen. Ob mit Spaß, Trauer, Schmerz, Verlust oder die reine Party Stimmung die Serie bringt einen sehr gut bei das Leben zu nehmen wie es ist und das Beste daraus zu machen.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySola Haze May 10, 2019

Too Violent to Stomach

Does the violence description of this show really say "visible blood isn't excessive"? I've seen some of the most disturbing things on this show, enough to make me sick. I've seen a woman with her hair caught in an elevator, likely to rip her scalp off if she isn't rescued in time. I've seen a woman with her foot caught under a door, so violently mangled that it's likely to be chopped right off, while a panicked man on the inside bangs on the door to get out. I've seen a woman with some sort of creature under the skin of her face, crawling up towards her eye. I'm sorry, this only happens every three or so episodes, but I think the magnitude of it earns this show a violence rating of five.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymandybear21 December 16, 2018

Entertaining and GREAT plot

Love this show and all the characters. I always came home from school and was super excited to watch more episodes. Super addicting and interesting. Shows a lot of fire and sometimes dangerous situations but they are firefighters. It also has some romance which I LOVE!!! Watch this amazing show

Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2017

Teen, 16 years old Written byLoveChicagoPD March 26, 2016

Really Good

I watch this show with my mom, and loved it from the first episode I saw! I don't think it is quite appropriate unless you are a teen and up, and should be watched with parental guidance until around maybe 14 years old. Sometimes I think there is a bit too much around the characters personal love lives, but I love the scenes with the actual emergencies (although it does get quite graphic)! It is very authentic, and has beautiful stories about love, loss, life, grief, friendship, and portrays a great deal of the importance of having family and friends who look out for you. Some episodes are more heavy on the sexual content, but not too full on. It is a beautiful show, with great and touching story lines.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMgrace1 May 9, 2015

I love it.

This show teaches me about what happens in the firehouse and what they do, If you watch you might get hooked on the show and cry when someone dies. It has Sex, Drinking etc. But they really don't show that much .Its not all about that though

Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2014

Great show

The show itself is one of the best shows nbc has ever released however there is some violence and characters are frequently in lifethreatening situations and sometimes even die, there isn't much sex just kissing and some bare skin from the stomach up and language isn't so bad, overall a great show

Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2014

Just No Words

Chicago Fire is a show with Drama,Action,Love,Death,Sadness. I watched it with my mom and. I'M HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT let a 8 year old or under watch it. I put 10 IF you/are/they are Matrue. Because it has. Blood,Some sex,swearing

Teen, 13 years old Written byLindsay XD January 1, 2013

The best show I have ever watched!

This show is amazing! I am 13 and I most definitely think its appropriate for an 8 year old to watch! If you watch it from the beginning you would never take your eyes off of it!!:)

Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

Chicago Fire glistens with a blaze of glory

Even I didn't want to see CHICAGO FIRE the first time I saw it on our TV. But as I watched the entire thing, it slowly became a more enticing watch--but was frequently pulled away from that due to excessive and rather uncomfortable violence levels. But it greatly exemplifies the virtues of teamwork and trust, and the firemen that pull off the role are just as exemplifying. I would greatly suggest this to much older kids--even the most mature of those older kids--especially if they want to learn about firefighting.