Kid reviews for Chicago Med

Chicago Med Poster Image

BRILLIANT

Brilliant! The only thing is it can be a bit graphic in terms of blood and/or body parts being injured, but other than that, there are no graphic s#x scenes

second most realistic medical show right after E.R.

I don't know why people are saying greys anatomy and the good doctor are better. They are so unrealistic if you know anything about medicine and horribly boring, and all about romance. Chicago med is as realistic as E.R. which is saying a lot since E.R is the best and most realistic medical show ever made (again if you know anything about medicine). There is gore as expected, some dating but who cares, some cursing but not much and obviously drug references (etomidate, midazolam, ativan, solu-medrol, and so forth). Either way it is amazing. More like a medical show with a little drama added in rather than greys anatomy for example which feels like a drama with some but very little medical scenes added in.

Amazing

There is a little bit of gore but overall for kids that are on the more mature side I would say 9 and up could handle this it is really interesting so parents if your kids ask to watch the show please let them I mean it’s up to you but it is a really good show and not that bad

Fantastic show

Chicago Med is a great show that expands the OneChicago and Dick Wolf universe. The show allows you a detailed and realistic look at hospital operations. I think anyone who is interested in medicine, and enjoys a good drama should tune in. As long as your kid is mature and can handle blood, mental illness, and some romance (I could handle it at age 10), I think they should be able to watch it. The story is interesting, and the characters are very well written. Even if you aren't into medicine, I think it's worth a shot. Note: If you are thinking about getting into Chicago med and you have not watched the other OneChicago series (Chicago Fire and Chicago PD), you will meet characters and plots without explanation. There are many crossovers, and you frequently meet people from the other shows. I'd suggest that if you consider watching Med, you should consider watching them all as well. They are all great, however PD is less realistic FYI.

Really good show and in part inspired me to be a doctor

ok just saying 'The Good Doctor' is a million tmes better not that this show isnt good its just that 'The Good Doctor' is AMAZING

AMAZING!!

I think that this show is great for kids 11 and up but as always it is up to you. I have only just started to watch this show myself but my mom, has been watching it for years, I have had many glimpses of this medical content. if you/your child has a strong stomach and/or a passion for medicine I would absolutely recommend this!!

Great Medical Drama

Chicago Med is based in an ED in Chicago, Illinois. It is probably one of the best medical dramas ever. It is based more on the hospital and diagnosis's then the doctors but does include some of their love lives. In some episodes they have pregnant teens, there is also mention of drugs and alcohol and all most every episode has vomit or C-section or some form of guts and gore but for people who do not mind that kind of thing, I would really recommend watching. The doctors and nurses are also very good role models as they always search for what is wrong with a patient, even if they have to go out of their way. The only problem is it may give a false hope in hospitals and medical professionals but that is it.

I Like This Show But It's Not Better Than Grey's Anatomy

If you like Grey's Anatomy there is no doubt you won't like this. Some of it is really graphic and the events that happen to the doctors and patients are awful but incredibly interesting. I'd recommend this to anyone 13+ and who has an interest in medicine.

Great!!!!

Awesome show for people that like dramas and hospital shows.

Medical Drama- Really good for teenagers and adults

I started watching this recently and so far I have been really enjoying it. The series is based at a Hospital in Chicago, in the ED, with recurring doctors, nurses and surgeons, but there is usually different patients every episode. It is a fast-paced and intense medical drama, but it has moments of calm in every episode, as well as a bit of mystery. While there is a fair amount of 'blood and guts' shown on screen, particularly in the operating theatre and when patients are first admitted with an injury, it usually isn't for too long, and as someone who isn't usually into watching that sort of stuff, I don't find it too bad, and you can always look away for the really bad scenes for the few seconds that they may be shown on screen. The cast is really good and are responsible and mature characters, which I appreciate watching the show. Decisions made are generally ethical, moral and well considered, and all of the main cast really do have a desire to help people get better, and they will do all that they can to help. There is very little swearing and sexual references in the series. Overall, I really recommend watching the series.