Parent reviews for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Poster Image

i watched this when i was 11, it's ok to watch when your young, the others are just overreacting lmao

1 person found this helpful.

FINALLY a positive and mostly accurate representation of modern Satanism!

It's a great show for adults and teens, but definitely NOT for children. This show manages to be both original and entertaining like the Archie comics are, but not a blatant cheesy ripoff of Bewitched like the original TV show was. This darker and more serious supernatural drama will keep you on the edge of your seat if you enjoy occult references and a bit of dark humor...it has good, positive representations of both Satanic characters and LGBT characters! It's a bit of a soap opera though in that it focuses rather heavily on dating, romance, and who ends up sleeping with whom...

1 person found this helpful.

Over reaction from USA but still have guns

I lived 42 years in USA which is all pro guns and let kids play killing videos but are afraid of the naked body and sex which is natural and to them "created by God". I live in Sweden now for 12 years (yes, that makes me 54 while writing this)naked and sex is natural; guns and violence isn't. No one is trying to get kids to be satanists or glorifying satanism... it's the opposite of you ever truly watched it. My Swedish husband who gets very scared with movies and gore may cover his eyes but has really enjoyed watching this with me. Never has said anything bad about it. Maybe the parents shouldn't try to be so negative, because the more you tell them that they can't watch "Sabrina" the more they will go behind your back to watch. It's 16 plus years recommended which many, many years ago 14 year old were getting married, having babies and dying in their 30s. (How old was Mary? And Jesus died in his 30s? Right?) I'm not Christian. I'm not a satanist. Please think about what your society is teaching children. You'd rather have guns killing each other instead of being natural. You end up with high school shootings and pregnant teens because you're too afraid to talk to them and get them protection.

Far more mature than 14+

My wife and I enjoy the show but on several occasions there are scenes that show inappropriate relationships between teenagers. In some cases it is 15-16 year olds sleeping together as if this is a common occurrence. They wake up in bed together partially clothed. Another time Sabrina is invited to join an Orgy with her cousin another boy and two other girls. Teens are also shown drinking alcohol on occasion as if this is normal. There's also a lot of woke subjects adressed that are probably too heavy/ mature for very young viewers such as gender-identity, and sexual preferences. While these subjects aren't taboo they might be a bit much for a preteen or younger.

Outrageous

I began watching the Sabrina series to see if it might be appropriate for my young teenage nieces. I was, at first, pleasantly surprised by a script that did not have young people and adults using the F word as a noun, verb, adjective and general vocabulary word for all communication. (I am so tired of script writers representing teens as illiterate, foul mouthed sex-obsessed minors who somehow are also represented as smarter than every adult.) Anyway... I stayed with it. But then- I realized that this show is long on a form of Satanic influence and short on consistency or accuracy of message. Sabrina wants to be a "good" witch (that really understates the situation-- but you get the gist) by killing the Dark Lord someday. Yet. She tries to bring someone back to life after slitting the throat of a sacrificial girl (but we are told its ok though- because she will only be dead for 13 days). Really?? And Sabrina does this because her boyfriend is sad. Really, again? Sabrina goes through horrifying hazing (known as harrowing) - a practice universities are trying very hard to discourage. But Sabrina looks like a hero because she survives it. Sabrina has no respect for authority figures. As usual- the teachers and principal in the series are either demons ( literally) or unsympathetic morons. And again- Sabrina gets back at her principal for not giving her what she wants in the form of a "progressive club". Not, however, progressive enough to not seek revenge with terrifying spiders to scare the principal almost to death when he does not grant her wish. "I don't want to kill him," she says- "just scare him." So- are we to believe Sabrina (and rest of us) are to be considered heroic or progressive now when we fall just short of killing? Unbelievable. I didn't like the principal either- but revenge by any definition can hardly be considered progressive. There are story lines and names that blatantly copy others' work "Discovery of Witches" comes to mind. And the so called "maleum malus" (or whatever the silly name of the apple was) is just a ridiculous rearrangement of letters - taken from the title of a book written in the 1600's during the witch trials- called The Malleus Malifecorum. A real book written by ignorant and vindictive judges in American history. There are so many more examples I could give- but this is already too long. The inconsistencies of the so called Dark Lord's actions and "theology" bother me the most. Sabrina's aunts are outraged that she brought someone back from the dead. Why? Why is this considered bad when slaughtering and feasting on a girl at the Feast of Feasts is ok? Or , it's ok to have group incestuous sex with underaged kids- but don't bring someone back from the dead because that violates Satan's sensibilities. Its ridiculous. And contradictory. All of that stuff is unspeakably horrible. But I guess- if you are to buy this shows message- even Satan draws an arbitrary line. The watcher is to believe Satan is the Dark Lord of everything evil- except some things. Huh? OK- I can hear it now--rebuttals to what I have said, such as "Well- it IS fiction after all." Or... "It's all in good fun- satarizing the church.". I know. But in my opinion this goes way too far - pushing highly influential and technically incorrect messages and aiming them at a highly impressionable audience. Parents beware. Kids cannot yet figure out the blatant falsehoods and turned upside-down morality lessons- and it can make them prey to buying into superficial mockery, cynical views about academia and spirituality, and a warped sense of duty and love. I have a doctorate in English and History. I love a scary movie or series- but this is scary for all the wrong reasons. Thanks for reading this lengthy critique.

Misleading

This show is not for children at all. I'm by far not a prude, I love dark stuff as much as the next person. But this show is written like a comic book, the characters lack depth, and nothing is constant. Not to mention this show shows an orgy of TEENAGE actors and characters and thinks this kind of stuff is okay because they're in their underwear. Let me repeat that, teenage actors are acting out a sexual scene that's an orgy in their underwear. Don't watch this grooming material, and don't let your child either.

It’s good, so far

It’s a pretty good show but every now and again there are some sensitive scenes for children. Makes for an awkward watch with parents but overall it’s okay

This is not an Archie Comicbook Series

I repeat, do not let anyone under 18 watch Sabrina on Netflix. I am an original fan of the Archie Comic Book series, which was rated G. There was nothing remotely familiar about this show except a few names: Sabrina, Greendale. That's it. The handlers of the series took something fun and light and made it dark, evil and violent. Have you ever heard of overkill? It's in this show. I am aware of good and evil and there is buckets of evil and gore to go around... It never lightens up! Everything is bathed in low light and filters. It is always omnious... And violent. Perversion is common everyday actions. No one seems traumatized in their episodic killings. Several life reversals, where the dead resurrect by witchcraft, is telling and gives false hope under the curcumstances...even Lazarus shows up as a decrepit zombie in season 4, to be offed by some knife from 2000 years ago...in a way this was an attack on Jesus and Christianity. Kiernan Shipka is 21 and she was an adult as this series was filmed. No way any of these actors were underage teenagers. The last season made no sense, they should have ended it at Season 3. Because they elude to teen suicide being ok... As Sabrina dies willingly and her boyfriend kills himself so they can be together??? Pray for these people.

Even as an adult: beware!

This is completely disturbing! I'm 27 years old and a few episodes into the second season, I can't stomach it any longer! It has only gotten worse and worse.. Very anti God and extremely satanic. If you don't want your kids exposed to satanic rituals and way of thinking, don't let them watch. Please don't! It makes ME sleep with one eye open.

Everything is BAD in that TV SHOW

I dont think ppl realize how bad that show. first the main actress is so cute but they made a charecter for her that acts so innucent...well dont believe that cuz everything is with porpece. (sry for bad english). Im messianic jewish and i believe in jesus. i couldnt believe how Netflix dont hide those satanic worship retuals. its so clear and obviose. clearly netflix is a member of the illuminati. how they can thank for satan? they just make it so easy and "fun". that is so wrong! ppl are watching this and think that satan is good . all that god dont permit they are doing ! who can say to the creator of the world "lier god" i was shocked. the poor actrers that think they have fame and money wow no words. i dont know whats going on thier mind to agree to play in this show. they literaly sold thier soul! God is watching and the last days are comming on earth. read the bible pls. They said on the show "i can stand by satan until the apocalipsis" Well yes cuz it wirriten that god will kill and send to hell all the ppl who worship the animal. and clearly NETFLIX what that. make the satan cmmunitie much more bigger. i watch that show just to tell ppl how the world close to an end with our behavior. seek for jesus the only king of glory! amen