Parent reviews for Coop & Cami Ask the World

Family-centric show glosses over dangers of online activity.

Parent of a 7-year-old Written byElizabeth Woods... March 31, 2019

Terrible Show!!!

This show is absolutely terrible!!! The acting is bad, the writing is bad, the music is bad, everything about it is bad!!! I can't believe Disney even put their name on this abomination!!!! Stick to the classics like Jessie, Good Luck Charlie, Austin and Ally etc.

Adult Written bycg_txfire January 31, 2019

I can't even

My daughter keeps the living room TV on Disney channel and for the most part I don't mind. The moment this show comes on and the kid that is their friend starts talking, it's like nails on the chalk board to me. I can't even sit on my phone and ignore his voice and how ignorant his character is. I have to leave the room, and still have her turn the volume down.......way down!
Adult Written byprincesscupcake683 October 12, 2018

Not a bad show, just mediocre.

I should say that while I'm nearing my 20s and am probably not the target audience for this show, I don't think an individual has to be the target demographic to judge on whether a show targeted towards children is quality or not. I watched Coop and Cami ask the world out of morbid curiosity and I honestly didn't particularly love it. I don't outright hate Coop and Cami, in fact I don't think it's a bad show at all, it's just very mediocre and really not in my taste. While it's not painfully deplorable like shows Disney Channel has made in the past like Bizaardvark, Dog with a blog, Liv and Maddie or KC Undercover, Disney Channel still should live up to their potential and make shows that can be enjoyed by all ages, not just children. The actors are cute and give it their all, and at the end, Cooper realized that he was being selfish with his mom dating the principal and he came to his senses and accepted his mom's love interest. I did like the sensitive portrayal of the family dealing with the death of the father, as we haven't had a Disney Channel show deal with the passing of a parent since Hannah Montana, and how the family dynamic highlights positive relationships between parents and children, but my praise for the show ends on that note. Coop and Cami, very much like Bizaardvark, seems to be copying off iCarly from Nickelodeon. I didn't like the humor too much, either, I thought the humor was very sophomoric (i.e, Cooper and Peyton's ship name which turned out to be "Pooper" and I don't like toilet humor very much) and there was a scene with that kid Fred describing himself as "sexy," which was very off-putting. He's like 12 or 13, he should not be describing himself as sexy until he's at least 15-16 and the comments he was making to Cami were kind of inappropriate and pushy and she clearly looks uncomfortable. There was also the end of the episode, where Coop, Cami and their mom go without pants and wear boxes, which I thought was inappropriate and awkward. Andi Mack (which has unfairly been targeted by Donald Trump supporting parents because of the mature themes of teen pregnancy and homosexuality) and Raven's Home are the only quality sitcoms Disney Channel has to offer at the moment. I also thought Stuck in the Middle was a decent show. It certainly wasn't the best, but I thought it was very underappreciated and got an excessive amount of hate. But aside from the three shows I mentioned, I personally think that the last well-made sitcom Disney Channel created was Austin and Ally. I reiterate- I may not be the target demographic for Disney Channel, but I think they have potential to make quality shows that appeal to older audiences as well as children.

Adult Written byjrhuntley April 21, 2020

Pretty Good

Speaking about season 2, I think the content is pretty good. The show is also pure, and it can produce nice, clean humor.
Adult Written byNunya101 May 12, 2019
Adult Written byHuneylove81 April 9, 2019

Completely Inappropriate

What in the world? The first and the last time I watched this show two very young characters were talking about a first kiss! Instead they hugged and the little boy seemed to “ride her leg” instead (for lack of a better word). Seemingly insinuating another type of highly inappropriate gesture for children. This is supposed to be rated G! What kind of stuff is disney trying to promote? It’s extremely bothersome Disney can’t let kids just be kids. Very disappointing.

Adult Written byFireFlower1985 April 8, 2019

Better than people think

I love this TV show, as a 14 year old... I don't know what all the hate is towards her, but Ruby Rose Turner (as well as Dakota Lotus and the rest of the cast) is honestly one of the most awesome people ever... And, , in case you didn't know, Disney Channel is more geared towards younger kids. I still really like it, and I think that the older fans of Disney Channel, who grew up with shows like Sonny With A Chance and That's So Raven and Suite Life of Zack and Cody are to attached to those older shows, and think that all of the modern Disney Channel shows have to be exactly like the old ones, or else they immediately suck. Personally I think that it's really good for Disney Channel to expand out past the early 2000's era of shows and make shows that are more modern (i.e. Coop and Cami Ask the World and Bizaardvark) and appeal more to the younger kids in this day and age. And if, after reading this, you still aren't convinced that this show is good enough, which personally I think it is really good, then you can just go back and watch your old episodes of Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven that you recorded onto VHS tapes 15 years ago, and let the modern kids decide what shows they like, instead of turning them against it by openly hating on it.

Signed,
the #1 Disney Fan in America,
Brendan Coyle

Parent of a 7, 9, and 12-year-old Written byBelinda N. November 21, 2018

It’s alright

I’ve only seen a few episodes, but the show seems fine. It’s about these two kids Cooper and Cami, who make live-streams. The show never goes into internet safety, but the show was meant to be a kids comedy, not a kids educational show. Keep that in mind. Also, who knows, one day the show might have an episode about web safety. The show is only in it’s first season. But it is a nice show, and there isn’t any content to worry about, really.
Parent of a 9, 14, and 17-year-old Written byFernando V. October 14, 2018

Coop and Cami Ask the World Review

Coop and Cami is a decent comedy with some excellent humor. The show is great for the family. The show also offers some emotion with the family late father. So overall Coop and Cami Ask the World is good entertainment for the family and is a huge improvement over a previous web-based series, Bizaardvark, on Disney Channel. I'm going to give the series a 7/10.
Adult Written byChelsealeigh317 October 13, 2018