Kid reviews for Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Update of Sagan classic is smart, visually spectacular.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJakob Eli February 12, 2018

Incredible

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is an amazing host. He not only is a great science educator, but he has a Harvard PhD. in astrophysics. He is a very inspirational role model, and likes to reveal the hidden women and people of color involved in major scientific breakthroughs. The show is great at visualizing complex scientific ideas, and what he says, in my opinion would not be too overwhelming to a 7 year old. That said, enough information is shared to leave one's mind blown. Beautifully produced, and overall my number one pick on Netflix so far.

Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2014
Great science show for the whole family. VERY educational.

Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2014

very educational

kids 7 and over should watch this show because it is very educational and will teach kids about things that go on in the universe.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycinnagurl April 30, 2014

Cosmos

This show is absolutely amazing! It is so fascinating and i love how it shows just how small we are. it gives so much info and you learn a lot from it. it is so interesting. they talk about space and the universe and galaxies, to the origin of the Earth and the Origin of life to the speed of light. This show really does raise a lot of questions about space. is there an end? are there black holes within black holes and if so are we in a black hole? if we are inside a black hole what is outside a black hole? is it the inside of another black hole or something else? just amazing. totally recommend it. we watch it every week as a family

Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2020

Be quiet, you offended parents!

So amazing! I was already interested in space before I saw this, but now... I am obsessed with space. (I am even trying to find a way to make myself immortal) I love this show because it is kid-friendly, educational and it has my fave things! Explosions! I would SO recommend this!

Teen, 17 years old Written byThe Screen Ninja November 26, 2017

Wonderful

WATCH THIS!!! please please do yourself a favour and absorb the abundance of information. you'll learn to see the world in a whole new way, and start to appreciate the life you have. There are no sexual, crude and overly scary scenes but there are elements of light violence. it's
definitely a show the whole family can enjoy without it being boring but instead totally immersive.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPAYSTCHR April 22, 2016

Our Ship of the Imagination, Can Take Us Anywhere!

Those who haven't seen this show, don't know what they are missing. This TV show is awesome. This science documentary has some of the most awesome CGI, and some really awesome scientific theories, and evidence. Each episode is really cool, and it has stuff that blows you away. There is violence, like a story of a person burned at the stake, several scenes with mild blood, and historical moments dealing with swearing, and drugs. The film however, pushes the importance of Earth, and the importance that science has in the world. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, is an awesome host, filling in the shoes that Carl Sagan had, but with a lot more style. I loved the Ship of the Imagination, and how slick, yet simple it was. It is so cool that it is able to shrink to the size of an atom, and go to the farthest reaches of time and space. It was especially cool when the Ship went into the black hole at the center of the Milky Way, and went into different universes! Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey had me captivated from start to finish. Not just because of the visual effects and awesome hosting by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, but the fact that it deals with topics a little more political, but still able to go with common ground with everyone. 5 out of 5 stars, and an extra 2 thumbs way up, to Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Teen, 13 years old Written byvergin abajian January 1, 2016

great !!

you can learn so much from it...

Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2014

Review is wrong

The statement that there is no blood/injury shown is completely wrong. It is a wonderfully educational show, and the visuals are excellent. However there is quite a bit of violence in later episodes, a man's eyes are injured (injury not shown, but bloodied hands covering it is), a young boy is crushed by a falling house and he is shown, alive, but covered in blood. Many deaths shown, but not violent ones (most of old age), even with the paper-cut-out-like animation, the violence can be quite tense and realistic. Some uses of "hell" damn" and "a--". Also, some characters drink wine and smoke. All in all, very educational and intelligent show, but watch out for violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybratser July 6, 2014

Wonderful Science Show For All

This reboot to the classic Carl Sagan show is magnificent and informatively eye-opening in all ways (CAN'T BELIEVE SETH MACFARLANE MADE THIS!!!!!). It tells us all about the universe and in some instances about how the world will be in disaster in the future. It tells us about the planets and how some could've sustained life years ago, and it tells us about these types of subjects in eye-popping ways. Neil DeGrasse Tyson rocks the house in this spectacular show yet to become a classic!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNicky12345 April 25, 2014

AMazing

Some episodes contained words like dammit.

Kid, 9 years old April 5, 2014

Blows your mind

Mind blowing. You won't believe your eyes. Neil DeGrasse Tyson makes it easy to understand and thrilling. It is hard to believe we are only in the last 14 seconds of the "Cosmic Calendar." I can't wait to see the next episodes.