Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 5 kid reviews

Sort by:

amazing

so this show is based on true advents

Disturbing, very eye-opening

I love true crime documentaries, and this one is one of my favorites. The story is fascinating, but the series also gives lots of information about LA at the time. It's very interesting, although slightly disturbing. But that's to be expected in a true crime series.

Kinda creepy and a surprising shot

So there’s a bare breast shown for like a second but long enough that you can see it. I was kinda startled and it was awkward to watch it with my dad. It happens every episode in the opening credits. The plot is very interesting but can scare ppl. I wasn’t scared but the idea of someone going missing in a hotel where demonic/spiritual things could possibly be happening is kinda creepy. They also swear a bit (F word and below).

Extremely disturbing, parents STRONGLY cautioned!

I don't get disturbed/scared easily, though this left me disturbed and gave me a couple of nightmares. The scariest thing is, nobody really knows what truly happened to her. A scary man is shown (blood all over his face, references to killing animals). Language such as "f--k" and "s--t" is audible. A bare breast is shown briefly and prostitution is frequently referenced. References to illicit drugs, and Elisa Lam being "under the influence". Overall, even if your child is into mystery/horror, please trust me when I tell you: WAIT! It's not like it will go off Netflix since it is a Netflix Original, they have years to wait.

12 and up

it’s about a hotel that shut down a while ago i had just finished watching it. meant for 12 and up due to mature content, it shows death images and more intense things they talk about rape and more.