All parent member reviews for Dance Moms: Miami

Educator and Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byconnielove93 May 11, 2012

Dont listen to the other posters...fine for pre-teens

These other reviews are clearly written by the same dipstick who wants to sabotage the page for some odd reason.....But this show is actually fine for kids over 10 if they can handle occasional swearing. The kids are positive role models that stick with their practice even when the going gets tough. Perseverance is lacking in today's youth so I think it is good to show kids who are doing things besides eating twinkies & playing video games.
Parent Written bycertified May 1, 2012

Metiocure teachers and dancers..let's keep it real

These parents are deluginal to think that any of these kids will go on to the pros. The kids can't dance. They are flat footed and the routines are metiocure. This is a disappointment from the original Dance Moms. How do these kids win competitions? They just aren't good enough..sorry.
Parent Written byMary02748 April 11, 2012

Bad kids, parents, instructors and SHOW.

My daughter is a dance and I would allow her to watch the original Dance Moms, dance numbers ONLY. Now that I've watched this Miami spin off I can't believe how 'made for tv' this is. The dance numbers are not even good enough to show my daughter. The kids are nasty and dressed foolishly. I hate to say it but some don't look healthy at all for dancers. The instructors don't seem to instruct? The mothers are in another world. Nothing about this show is family friendly and viewer friendly if you like realism in your "Realty" Tv.
Parent Written byLumiere May 4, 2012

An Unnecessary Dilution of the Original

IMHO, this series is more of a pastiche of the original Dance Moms. In an all-too-common scenario, the show's creators have tried to "improve" the original, but ended up extracting its soul. It's too bad neither show is truly worthwhile for kids - there are actually some good lessons in them. I know a lot of viewers feel both shows are outrageous. And I agree. Need to realize, however, the "reality" is synthetic - in both cases. What appeals to me is the striving-for-greatness motif. And regardless how nutzoid the instructors may get, what is true is this: Without hyper-supreme dedication, "success" is just a word.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, and 11 year old Written byAnEpicGuy December 4, 2012

Mildest of Dance Moms

Less raunchy and objectionable than Dance Moms and Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition, but still there is sexy dances and it gives Star Dance a bad name, but language is rare.
Parent Written byJJMCC67 December 28, 2013

Terrible

teacher is verbally abusive to children; moms are awful