Parent reviews for Dancing with the Stars

High-kicking series has cross-generational appeal.

Adult Written byBetty68 November 25, 2019

Disgusted !

This was a great show when it first came on but the audience judges now and the wrong one wins ! !! Hannah should not have won tonight ! She should have come in 4th not the winner! This is not fair in any way! The judges should decide the winner! Some dancers have more friends and family and of course they will get more votes! What is fair about that! I will not watch this show anymore unless it changes and Hannah should give the mirror ball to Ally or Kel who was the real winner!
Parent of a 7, 9, and 12-year-old Written byBelinda N. November 21, 2018

It’s a nice dancing show

I like this show. It’s about these contestants who compete to see whos dance is considered to be the best. It’s okay for kids 9+. Some people may think some of the outfits are too revealing for kids. My daughters don’t really think about the outfits though, and my 7 year old son doesn’t watch the show.

Adult Written byDesiree A. September 25, 2018

John Schneider Rocked it

John Schneider Put on the show of a lifetime in his and Emmas number on ABC Networks "Dancing with the Stars tonight. His performance was full of heart, full of connection energy and emotion. Can't wait to see Tuesdays performance with Emma Slater
Adult Written byBryan W. May 16, 2018

Used to love it but...

Over the seasons the show has gone from innocent and just regular celebs learning how to dance to sex sex, hot hot, Ooo mama. Every dance is suggestive, they pair up couples to try and force some sexual tension, it is overproduced and I am sure they are making money as the costumes are hardly there. The fun just isn't there any more in this show. It is all about sex and showing skin, not so much about the dance anymore.

Adult Written byCarol D. September 30, 2016

Poor taste costumes for family

This show used to be about stars improving their dancing. Now it seems to be about sex and showing bare skin and underware. Many costumes are not suitable for children

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byjesus_islove April 29, 2015

not suitable for kids

This show is a perfect example of how low networks will go to get ratings. The women and men here for the most part wear very little clothes, and dance seductively with each other. But what can we expect? When ABC its owned by Dysney. I just saw a couple strip down to just their underwear, and then the guy probably on cue tries to cover up. If any responsible parent watching this garbage doesn't cringe when this overhyped spectacle of a show its on, then something is wrong with you.
Adult Written byKAL57 February 17, 2012

Revealing/seductive outfits

The outfits that the women wear are sometimes very revealing and seductive. I love watching ballroom dancing, but not to keen on how the women are wearing barely nothing at times when the men are more covered (except for a chest or two exposed), so I choose to not watch it. Ballroom dancing to me is beautiful classy outfits making the woman look beautiful and not as a seductive object. This is how I've always seen it until this show.
Adult Written byMommaoftwoza January 2, 2012

More than what's on the surface

I have to say that I think watching people push themselves outside their comfort zone and transform each season is really great. Every season there is someone that I might not really care for at the start and at some point during the season they win me over because of their dedication, great attitude, something that requires that I get to know them - via the show -beyond what their famous persona was before hand. I love the show and my 11 year old daughter who is a dancer loves it as well. Every season we talk about how someone overcame some personal strife and find many ways that people are alike, famous our not. It's the one show that we always have the DVR set to record!

Parent of a 5 and 8-year-old Written bykarinajohnson November 27, 2011

Just fine for kids

Yes, they do swear quite a bit, the costumes can be revealing, and there is kissing, but this also presents good role models for anyone. My kids (ages 5 and 8) watch this show with me and enjoy it. They do beep out most bad words.

Adult Written bybasbel October 10, 2011

This show: The best!

This is the best show in a while. it is cute. I think that if you are a dancer, or you like dancing then you will like this show. I suggest this show as a family show. I hope you like my review

Parent Written byMrs. luna March 25, 2010

Parent Written byqtnn January 15, 2010

I just don't get it

Tried to watch a couple of episodes. My daughter would have continued for the revealing outfits, risque moves and soap opera, but why would I encourage that? If I wanted to see good dancing, I'd watch the pros. If I wanted to see semi-celebrities' tempering their egos and exhibitionism with faux-humility and cliched platitudes... well, I just don't. For our limited media diet, there's much better stuff out there.

Parent of a 3-year-old Written bywade1976 October 23, 2009
My daughter really likes the dancing.
Parent of a 17-year-old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!

a great show! but sometimes what the female dancers where is to reveling.
Parent of a 9 and 11-year-old Written bydavidpoole2000 September 26, 2009
Parent of a 5 and 14-year-old Written byrk April 20, 2009

Should be called "Pole Dancing With the Stars"

The hard work and determination of the dancers amazing and should be admired and commended.....but "family friendly?"

Much of this show is simply gratuitous erotic dancing and often one of the judges chides the dancers for not being nasty enough....how in the heck is THAT family friendly?
Parent of a 7-year-old Written byTrophy Mom March 10, 2009

Not for the family

I love watching Dancing with the Stars with my daughter she just enjoys dancing along and though at times the dances or costumes might be a little risque I always manage to explain that it's part of the routine.

I am worried about the people they are casting for the show. Last night within the first half hour, one celeb was giving a shout out to her girls in the pen (she's an ex-con), another just got out of rehab and they constantly refer to the show Jacka$#, another is most famous for an all nude scene he did, another is a playmate most famous for sharing a bed with Hefner and two other girls. The flashed her Playboy cover. It just isn't a family-oriented program this year. It's a shame since the network owns Disney.
Parent of a 10 and 12-year-old Written bywrightmom January 12, 2009

Are you rating the right show?

The last two reviews I read for "Dancing with the Stars" sound like they are reviews for a different show. I can't remember the name something like "Superstars of Dance" maybe. It started after the holidays. It is not the same as "Dancing with the Stars" as reps from different countries are not the judges.
Adult Written byjmanabat January 5, 2009

JUDGING ROTATION NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

The start of the judging should be rotating so that Argentina doesn't always give the first score and influences the whole team of judgers... Overall, good show with improving the rotation.

James M.