All parent member reviews for Dancing with the Stars

Adult Written bybasbel October 10, 2011

This show: The best!

This is the best show in a while. it is cute. I think that if you are a dancer, or you like dancing then you will like this show. I suggest this show as a family show. I hope you like my review
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 26, 2012

dancing with the stars

Families can talk about the stereotypes that exist about dancers. Were the dancers in this show what you expected to see? Did any of them surprise you? What are the dangers of making assumptions about groups of people? Kids: What does it feel like to be criticized? What is the difference between constructive criticism and negative criticism? How does hearing a critique encourage you to improve? In what ways are the participants in this show good role models? Do they ever express that they’re afraid of any aspect of the competition? How can fear be a motivator? Does it seem to motivate their efforts?
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjesus_islove April 29, 2015

not suitable for kids

This show is a perfect example of how low networks will go to get ratings. The women and men here for the most part wear very little clothes, and dance seductively with each other. But what can we expect? When ABC its owned by Dysney. I just saw a couple strip down to just their underwear, and then the guy probably on cue tries to cover up. If any responsible parent watching this garbage doesn't cringe when this overhyped spectacle of a show its on, then something is wrong with you.
Adult Written byKAL57 February 17, 2012

Revealing/seductive outfits

The outfits that the women wear are sometimes very revealing and seductive. I love watching ballroom dancing, but not to keen on how the women are wearing barely nothing at times when the men are more covered (except for a chest or two exposed), so I choose to not watch it. Ballroom dancing to me is beautiful classy outfits making the woman look beautiful and not as a seductive object. This is how I've always seen it until this show.
Parent Written byMommaoftwoza January 2, 2012

More than what's on the surface

I have to say that I think watching people push themselves outside their comfort zone and transform each season is really great. Every season there is someone that I might not really care for at the start and at some point during the season they win me over because of their dedication, great attitude, something that requires that I get to know them - via the show -beyond what their famous persona was before hand. I love the show and my 11 year old daughter who is a dancer loves it as well. Every season we talk about how someone overcame some personal strife and find many ways that people are alike, famous our not. It's the one show that we always have the DVR set to record!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bykarinajohnson November 27, 2011

Just fine for kids

Yes, they do swear quite a bit, the costumes can be revealing, and there is kissing, but this also presents good role models for anyone. My kids (ages 5 and 8) watch this show with me and enjoy it. They do beep out most bad words.
Parent Written byMrs. luna March 25, 2010
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byqtnn January 15, 2010

I just don't get it

Tried to watch a couple of episodes. My daughter would have continued for the revealing outfits, risque moves and soap opera, but why would I encourage that? If I wanted to see good dancing, I'd watch the pros. If I wanted to see semi-celebrities' tempering their egos and exhibitionism with faux-humility and cliched platitudes... well, I just don't. For our limited media diet, there's much better stuff out there.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bywade1976 October 23, 2009
My daughter really likes the dancing.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!

a great show! but sometimes what the female dancers where is to reveling.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bydavidpoole2000 September 26, 2009
Parent of a 5 and 14 year old Written byrk April 20, 2009

Should be called "Pole Dancing With the Stars"

The hard work and determination of the dancers amazing and should be admired and commended.....but "family friendly?" Much of this show is simply gratuitous erotic dancing and often one of the judges chides the dancers for not being nasty enough....how in the heck is THAT family friendly?
Parent of a 7 year old Written byTrophy Mom March 10, 2009

Not for the family

I love watching Dancing with the Stars with my daughter she just enjoys dancing along and though at times the dances or costumes might be a little risque I always manage to explain that it's part of the routine. I am worried about the people they are casting for the show. Last night within the first half hour, one celeb was giving a shout out to her girls in the pen (she's an ex-con), another just got out of rehab and they constantly refer to the show Jacka$#, another is most famous for an all nude scene he did, another is a playmate most famous for sharing a bed with Hefner and two other girls. The flashed her Playboy cover. It just isn't a family-oriented program this year. It's a shame since the network owns Disney.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bywrightmom January 12, 2009

Are you rating the right show?

The last two reviews I read for "Dancing with the Stars" sound like they are reviews for a different show. I can't remember the name something like "Superstars of Dance" maybe. It started after the holidays. It is not the same as "Dancing with the Stars" as reps from different countries are not the judges.
Adult Written byjmanabat January 5, 2009

JUDGING ROTATION NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

The start of the judging should be rotating so that Argentina doesn't always give the first score and influences the whole team of judgers... Overall, good show with improving the rotation. James M.
Adult Written bymisuspotts April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybrucevain April 9, 2008

lame, lame, and also lame

this show is a bit entertaining from the perspective of ballroom dancing's artistic merits. it's also interesting to see the sort-of celebreties' performances... for about 5 minutes. otherwise, it's about as enjoyable as figure skating. same old stuff, over and over again. plus, some of the dance moves are a little suggestive for younger kids (do you want your kindergartener re-enacting sexually-charged dance moves at school?). it's just another b-list celebrity love-fest, but not so entertaining. and the men in tight pants is a little yucky, too.
Adult Written byMindypin April 9, 2008

Costumes too revealing

While I love ballroom dancing, I quit watching this show early on because the brevity of the women's costumes was too distracting from the dancing. What a shame, because this show could be great entertainment.
Adult Written byElianne@ourmail.com April 9, 2008
IT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bycaliente_bailador April 9, 2008

Planting unrealistic life expectations and very elitist attitude to all!

Dancing with the stars is a great entertainment value for the elitist but not for the masses! First of all, how can an everyday or real person dance that well in just 6 weeks? The stars in the show has a lot of time in their hands not counting the fact that they have the money and/or well-funded by corporate sponsors to get the training 25 to 30 hours a week, not counting the 10 to 15 hours a week of conditioning and workout! First of all, majority of real people (90%) don't just have the time and most importantly, the money to learn how to dance. Dance studios are making false promises to prospective dance students that they will be stars if they can win dance competitions. But how many percent of those who already dance become world champions? .009% maybe? Can we just dance for fun and make it a recital? Can we just say that "You Can Dance even if you're not a Star"? The show makes "Dancing" for elites only sending the message that those who can afford and have time in their hands are the only ones who can dance. Suggestion: Make the title "Dancing with everyday people" or even "Dancing with Low-Income" or even "Dancing with the Homeless". We want to reach to the masses and not the elitists is in it?