All parent member reviews for Dave the Barbarian

Adult Written byMaddys_Wooden_sox April 9, 2008

This show is Great.

Dave the barbarian is just Great. It moves away from the obvious humour of most children's shows and gives intelligent children a bit more credit; with its different, random style of humour. Like Monty Python for kids. I love it, and as a selective school student I am around a lot of intelligent kids who also love it. It's definately not your average kids' show; in a good way.
Adult Written byvalravnknight February 17, 2016

Missing the point

Many others focus on the educational value of the show; however, before you jump to conclusions I ask you to consider the type of show. Dave the Barbarian is a comedy. The focus lies in clever humor, from visual gags to clever wordplay, the show tries its best to subvert your expectations. It takes tropes and changes them. The main appears to be a muscle-bound warrior, but is instead very sensitive and loves crafts. His sisters have their own quirks, the eldest can be seen as a stereotype but usually finds her own way to solve problems. The younger is the opposite of her older brother, small but quick to anger. It suffers from its own faults, sometimes jokes fail or the story doesn't work, but in the end it tries hard and helps to expand a child's experience with different forms of humor.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byafdtyfsyfgey November 15, 2010
this shhow is so boring and they fight a lot of times.
Adult Written bymictamali April 9, 2008
Adult Written byvalerie1299 April 9, 2008

waste of time

My son (8) and I watched this one day and couldn't even get through the entire show. What a waste of time and brain cells! No educational value at all!